Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
lovesreading1
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Author KATIA LIEF!

Hello again!

I wanted to let you know that my novel WATERBURY (Do You Know the Killer Beside You?) is available on the Nook as of today!  It isn't available anywhere else at the moment, so you'll be the first.  Like my other ebooks, it's only 99 cents through autumn.  Enjoy!

(Paperbacks are coming soon....)

Waterbury  

Who will live and who will die?

A family gathers for Thanksgiving in rural Connecticut, bringing with them confessions, accusations, demands.  But suddenly personal agendas become meaningless as the priority shifts to survival.  Two burglars break in, believing the house to be empty.  In their panic they take the family hostage—and the crime that follows spirals out of control.

Praise for Katia Lief’s novels:

“Your heart will be pounding long after you’ve turned the final page.” –Lisa Gardner

“Brilliant.” –Suspense Magazine

“Suspense at a high level.” --Midwest Book Review

“Exhilarating.” –The Mystery Gazette

“Taut, clean storytelling.” –Publishers Weekly

“Readers will want to read more of this talented writer’s work.” –New York Journal of Books

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Thanks, Katia - I'll be sure to get a copy for my Nook!

Author
lovesreading1
0 Kudos

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE

Tomorrow is my birthday so I'm doing my final holiday pitch today for WATERBURY: a holiday crime novel.  What do you think of the brand new cover design?

Hope you mystery lovers download your copy today, or give one as a gift.  It's only 99 cents!

Waterbury  

What Nook readers are saying so far:
Great read

This author writes a great mystery. Moves right along. Have read all her books and have love them all
Great read
Really great short read for a cold wintery night
Suspenseful to the max
Very good mystery, I love the writing style of this author. [/b][/color]She brings depth to the characters and develops a very realistic storyline that kept me on edge. Loved it.
Loved this!
Great psychological suspense...couldn't put this down
Great book, especially for the holidays!
This really suspenseful thriller revolves around a family at the holidays. The plot builds to a boil in this exciting book.

Author
lovesreading1
0 Kudos

Good news:  I'm extending the 99 cent price on many of my ebooks!  (Not sure how long the sale will last.)  All these titles are also available in paperback.

"Nail-biting suspense." (Richard Montanari)
"Mesmerizing." (Lisa Gardner)
"A new force to reckon with in...suspense." (Donna Anders)
"Suspense at a high level." (Midwest Book Review)
"Taut, clean storytelling." (Publishers Weekly)

Here She Lies 

One Cold Night 

Five Days in Summer 

Seven Minutes to Noon 

Waterbury 

Love, Sex & the Wrong Bride 

Soul Catcher 

The Rise and Fall of Rocky Love        

You Are Next 

Next Time You See Me  

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Thanks for keeping us updated, Katia!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

KatiaLief, Welcome to B &N. I hope you have a great visit. I like to titles of your books. I must check into reading them.

What do you like about writing mysteries?

I always wonder what it is like. I like reading them and seeing if I can find out who did it. I love getting suprised at the end of a good one.

Again welcome and have a great visit.

ReadingPatti

Distinguished Correspondent
moldybagel
0 Kudos

I would just like to let everyone know that waterbury is an excepionally exciting thriller! I am halfway through and cannot set down my nook tablet. It is a steal for only 99 cents!
I love messages! Feel free to message me for help, nook friend requests, to talk, or for any other reason!
Author
lovesreading1
0 Kudos

My pleasure, Becke.  I always enjoy dropping in here!

Author
lovesreading1
0 Kudos

Hi Patti--

Why do I like writing mysteries?  Probably the same reason I like reading them:  you get hooked into the story and don't know how it will end until you're done.  Even when I think I know what the ending will be, it always turns out to be something different.  It's also a lot more interesting writing about bad characters than just good ones, and in this genre we get plenty of opportunity to explore the whole range of human behavior. 

KatiaLief, Welcome to B &N. I hope you have a great visit. I like to titles of your books. I must check into reading them.

What do you like about writing mysteries?

I always wonder what it is like. I like reading them and seeing if I can find out who did it. I love getting suprised at the end of a good one.

Again welcome and have a great visit.

ReadingPatti

Author
lovesreading1

Wow...what more can I say?  I'm so glad the novel has hooked you!

I would just like to let everyone know that waterbury is an excepionally exciting thriller! I am halfway through and cannot set down my nook tablet. It is a steal for only 99 cents!

Author
lovesreading1
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

You Are Next  Ebook is 99 cents for a limited time!

USA Today and International bestselling author "Katia Lief skillfully weaves a complex tale of an emotionally scarred central character, nail-biting suspense, and a diabolical killer that will grip you until the very last page. I can't wait for the next Detective Karin Schaeffer thriller." -Richard Montanari, Sunday Times bestselling author

The first novel (ebook) in the Karin Schaeffer series, You Are Next , was just put on sale for 99 cents:
Former detective Karin Schaeffer lost her husband and child to a serial killer, and now fights to overcome despair and save her remaining loved ones as the clock ticks on all their lives.

Book 2, Next Time You See Me, is on sale for $2.99:
Just when their new life together has settled in, Mac vanishes, unearthing secrets and dangers that force Karin into a face-off with a deadly Mexican queenpin whose son has an agenda of his own.

Book 3, Vanishing Girls  , is coming on June 26...and it's on pre-sale for $3.99:
Girls are vanishing off the streets of New York City, and young women are being murdered. When the violence descends on Karin Schaeffer and Mac MacLeary's comfortable Brooklyn neighborhood, and their best friend becomes the lead investigator, they are drawn into the bewildering series of crimes.

IF YOU LOVE THE KARIN SCHAEFFER SERIES, OR THINK YOU WOULD, THIS IS A GREAT TIME TO GET YOUR E-BOOKS.

You Are Next  

Next Time You See Me  

Vanishing Girls  

"Mesmerizing." -Lisa Gardner, NYT bestselling author

“I can always count on Katia Lief for gripping, twist-filled psychological suspense.” -Wendy Corsi Staub, NYT bestselling author

"Suspense at a high level." -Midwest Book Review

"Taut, clean storytelling." -Publishers Weekly

"An exhilarating thriller." -Harriet Klausner, The Mystery Gazette

"Lief pens a diabolically brilliant story and takes us on an amazing, wild ride." -Terri Ann Armstrong, Suspense Magazine

Author
lovesreading1
0 Kudos

Just thought I'd drop in to mention that my 2012 summer newsletter just went out.  If you're not on my mailing list, you can read it by clicking this link.  Among other things, it announces my new novel Vanishing Girls, which comes out this Tuesday, June 26th.

Vanishing Girls  

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

Welcome back Katia:

I have read 

You Are Next 

Next Time You See Me   

Looks like I have some catching up!

Thanks for visiting again and letting us know about your new book!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
becke_davis
0 Kudos

KatiaLief wrote:

Just thought I'd drop in to mention that my 2012 summer newsletter just went out.  If you're not on my mailing list, you can read it by clicking this link.  Among other things, it announces my new novel Vanishing Girls, which comes out this Tuesday, June 26th.

Vanishing Girls  

I'm a subscriber!