Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Author KRISTA DAVIS!

Take your time, Krista, and don't feel obligated to answer these. They are just some questions people in my local writing chapter suggested.

Author
KristaDavis
0 Kudos

TiggerBear, you wouldn't be raining on my parade! I would love to have you share your recipes here. I'm eager to see them!

Since we're talking about oatmeal, I thought I'd share an oatmeal cookie recipe.

Cranberry Oatmeal White Chocolate Cookies

1 stick butter

1/3 cup sugar

1 cup light brown sugar

2 eggs

1 cup flour

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 cups rolled oats (not the quick cooking kind)

1 cup fresh cranberries

1/2 bar premium white chocolate (about 1.75 ounces) chopped into bits

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a cookie sheet.

2. Cream the butter with the sugar.

3. Add the eggs, one at a time.

4. Mix in the cinnamon, baking soda, and flour.

5. Add the vanilla and oats.

6. Stir in the cranberries and white chocolate.

7. Drop the dough onto the greased cookie sheet one tablespoon at a time. Don't worry about making them perfect. They melt into rounds.

8. Bake 14 - 15 minutes.

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

Love oatmeal cookies.

I will take some to go.

Author
KristaDavis
0 Kudos

Becke, I love thinking about who to cast as my characters.  What fun!  It's not easy, though.  Some I know exactly, like Natasha's mother, but others, like Sophie, are harder for me.  So here's what I'm thinking.  I'm open to suggestions, though!

It's a long list.  That's what I get for giving Sophie so many friends!

Sophie -- Faith Ford

Natasha -- Wendy Malick

Nina Reid Norwood -- Christina Applegate

Mars -- Kyle Chandler

Wolf -- Ted McGinley?

Humphrey -- David Hyde Pierce

Bernie -- Owen Wilson

Francie (Sophie's neighbor) -- Cloris Leachman

June (Mars's mother) -- Betty White

Wanda (Natasha's mother) -- Jamie Lee Curtis

Whew!  This is harder than it looks!

~ Krista

Author
KristaDavis
0 Kudos

Pen21, I'm wrapping them up right now and sending them cyberly.  Including a nice latte with them!

~ Krista

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Wow! I love your cast! Wouldn't it be cool if you could really get those people to star in films based on your books? I'd go see them!

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

pen21 wrote:

Love oatmeal cookies.

I will take some to go.

Pen Would you mind asking Krista for another To Go order.so we can have them later with our lattes?.I am shy ;  ),and Love The recipe..Have seen many of your recipes on killercharacters.com/ ..Great site  SusanVtc..

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
pen21
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

pen21 wrote:

Love oatmeal cookies.

I will take some to go.

Pen Would you mind asking Krista for another To Go order.so we can have them later with our lattes?.I am shy ;  ),and Love The recipe..Have seen many of your recipes on killercharacters.com/ ..Great site  SusanVtc..

Krista,

Can we have more to go orders on the oatmeal cookies?

They went so fast with our lattes after work.

Hope you have more.

killercharacters.com is a really fun site for June.

Will you guys continue for other months?

Thanks, pen21

Author
KristaDavis
0 Kudos

Becke, from your lips to God's ears!  Wouldn't that be fabulous!  It was so much fun thinking through the cast.  Thanks for asking that question!

~ Krista

Author
KristaDavis
0 Kudos

VermontCozy, I'm delighted that you've been to Mystery Lovers Kitchen.  We have such a fun group of authors blogging there -- and wonderful regulars, too.  I hope other people will drop by for a visit. 

BTW, we always have a contest going.  It's a good place to win gift certificates for books.  We've also given away fancy cupcakes and even a Junior's Cheesecake for the holidays last year.

~ Krista

Author
KristaDavis
0 Kudos

Pen 21, VermontCozy, and everyone else hanging out in Becke's English Manor, sweets are now being served.  Oatmeal cookies with cranberries and white chocolate, Chocolate Chip cookies fresh from the oven, tart lemon squares, and mini fruit tarts loaded with just picked raspberries, blackberries and blueberries.

With Becke's consent, the butler has set up a tea and latte bar.

~ Krista

Author
KristaDavis
0 Kudos

Oh, I forgot to answer about Killer Characters.  It's officially an ongoing blog.  Our characters will return to blog for us every month.  I can't promise that they won't complain about their authors or play pranks, though.  They can be a little bit unpredictable when they're on their own.

~ Krista

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

KristaDavis wrote:

VermontCozy, I'm delighted that you've been to Mystery Lovers Kitchen.  We have such a fun group of authors blogging there -- and wonderful regulars, too.  I hope other people will drop by for a visit. 

BTW, we always have a contest going.  It's a good place to win gift certificates for books.  We've also given away fancy cupcakes and even a Junior's Cheesecake for the holidays last year.

~ Krista

Hi Krista Did I hear Juniors Cheese Cake? I live in Vt,the best place of course,But I was raised in NY and Juniors in Brooklyn,NY was always a Treat..And Amazing Cheesecake..I have a feeling Krista,that you make an Excellent one as well...This is so Nice  of you..Glad you like being here..We enjoy your Company as well pen will be here shortly,I just know it  Have a Good Night     http://www.killercharacters.com/   Will Have everyone on Board for sure.. Best Susan Vtc...emailed some recipes to my daughter..Lovely site...

Author
KristaDavis
0 Kudos

Becke, cozies with food, crafts, and about books and bookstores seem to be all the rage right now.  I hope the trend continues.  I'm certainly enjoying it!

~ Krista

becke_davis
0 Kudos

KristaDavis wrote:

Pen 21, VermontCozy, and everyone else hanging out in Becke's English Manor, sweets are now being served.  Oatmeal cookies with cranberries and white chocolate, Chocolate Chip cookies fresh from the oven, tart lemon squares, and mini fruit tarts loaded with just picked raspberries, blackberries and blueberries.

With Becke's consent, the butler has set up a tea and latte bar.

~ Krista

It's the weekend - perhaps some Guinness for the gents and aperitifs for the ladies, too. I'm fond of Harvey's Bristol Cream Sherry for those special occasions . . . (my critique partner just got an agent and sold her first book so I'm in a celebrating mood!)

pen21
0 Kudos

Krista,

What a spread of goodies!

I agree that when I look at the mystery shelf, that there are lot of cozies dealing with crafts, food, puzzles, etc. It is fun to have that mixed with my mysteries.

pen21

Author
KristaDavis
0 Kudos

It's hot and muggy here, so I'm sure a lot of people would enjoy a Guinness, Becke!  And I'm with you on the Harvey's Bristol Cream -- lovely. 

Congratulations to your critique partner!  That's fabulous news! 

~ Krista

Author
KristaDavis
0 Kudos

Pen21, your bookshelf sounds a lot like mine!  From where I sit, I can see cozies by Mary Jane Maffini, Betty Hechtman, Joanne Fluke, and Julie Hyzy.  I've had the pleasure of meeting every single one of them at Malice Domestic (which is a fun and very friendly convention full of cozy lovers!) and, I can honestly say that they are all fabulous and interesting ladies.

I just came back from walking the dogs.  It's hot and muggy.  I think Becke may have to add ice cold lemonade to her spread today!

~ Krista

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Here you go - hope there's enough to go 'round!

Porch

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Here you go - hope there's enough to go 'round!

Porch

Cookie and Lemonade radar..Thanks so Much..Hope its a Good Sunday for You,Krista and Ms.Cute Shoe's ,.Its our Affectionate name for Becke..Long Story..Bye for now..Must Have a Cookie..Yummy Looking  Best Susan...Very Festive...