Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
Kelli_Stanley
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Author Kelli Stanley!

Yes thank you for talking with us! :smileyvery-happy:Come back soon!!!

Thank you so much, Tigger Bear!! :smileyvery-happy: I'll definitely be around tomorrow evening Pacific Time to repond to some of the questions Becke's asked, and any others that pop up!! :smileyhappy:

I'll also report back on how the B&N signing went--and try to take some photos!! :smileyhappy:

Take care, all of you, and see you tomorrow!!

Kelli Stanley
CITY OF SECRETS - "One of crime's most arresting heroines" - Library Journal (starred review)
CITY OF DRAGONS - Macavity Award Winner (Sue Feder Historical Mystery)
www.kellistanley.com
Author
Kelli_Stanley
0 Kudos

<waving goodnight from warm and starry Thousand Oaks in southern California>

See you tomorrow, Becke and B&Ners, and hope you're all heading for a glorious weekend!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

Kelli Stanley
CITY OF SECRETS - "One of crime's most arresting heroines" - Library Journal (starred review)
www.kellistanley.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Kelli_Stanley wrote:

Yay - my copy of THE CURSEMAKER just arrived - I have my reading material for the weekend!

Thank you so much, Becke and Leisure_Reader!! :smileyvery-happy: I really hope you enjoy the book, and please let me know if you have any questions about it!! :smileyvery-happy:

My website has a bunch of extra material, including a free short story (it's a prequel to NOX and THE CURSE-MAKER) you can download or read just by signing up for my very occasional (and usually late) newsletter, or for registering for my website forum.

Anyway, I so hope you like the book, and thanks a million for the support!! :smileyvery-happy:

I'll be back tomorrow late afternoon PST for more discussion!!

Sounds like you are having an exhausting week - sorry to make more work for you! I'll check in later on - have a great day!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Author
Kelli_Stanley
0 Kudos

Sounds like you are having an exhausting week - sorry to make more work for you! I'll check in later on - have a great day!

As the French say--jamais, my dear Becke!! :smileywink:

This isn't work, it's a privilege--and a lot of fun!! :smileyvery-happy:

Instead of answering questions, though--since it's later than I hoped--I thought I'd post about the beautiful weekend!

I opened the morning in Thousand Oaks--beautiful sunny weather--and woke up with a triple latte from Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf (I don't normally drink a triple, but I sometimes do on tour, when I'm tired and packing the days).

We drove first to the Marina Del Rey Barnes and Noble ... and found another Coffee Bean next door, but I didn't get a refill. :smileywink: The drive was beautiful ... the hills around LA by the Getty Center green and fragrant, with a light warm breeze from Santa Monica and the beaches.

After signing stock, we headed northeast to the Pico-Westwood Barnes and Noble, which is a real model store--big, beautiful, lots of stock and helpful people. They're starting to do events, so I'm hoping to come back in September or October for a signing with CITY OF SECRETS. The great Linda Fairstein will be there later this month!

After signing more books--and a slight, er, detour in the mall (hey, a girl's got a right to shop! :smileywink:), we headed for The Grove, which is really like mall in a movie set. It's even got a train! Located near the Miracle Mile in LA (and right next to the Farmer's Market), they actually do film a lot of movies there. Anyway, this is the B&N where you'll find a lot of celebrities, both signing books and shopping. A friend saw Paris Hilton browsing the stacks.

I signed my stock, looked wistfully at the all great stores, and headed north to Pasadena, which is about 40 minutes away. I had a chance to spend a good long time with friends, including authors Naomi Hirahara and Dianne Emley, with whom we had a great dinner (wonderful Mexican restaurant in Pasadena).

After finding the hotel and heading to a Walgreen's for some needed supplies--and checking email, etc.--that brings me to now. :smileyhappy:

Thought you guys might be interested in a day on the road. I won't say typical--because each day is special and unique, even if you're doing roughly the same thing. :smileywink:

Tomorrow, it's up very early to leave for San Diego ... then back again to Los Angeles and return the rental car and an evening flight back home.

I'll try to post again, but at the very least, will say thanks and wrap up the adventure on Monday, as you start a new week. :smileyvery-happy:

Take care--and good night, everybody!!

Kelli Stanley
www.kellistanley.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Kelli - It sounds fabulous! Right now in Cincinnati we're getting rain, rain and more rain. I think you're in the right part of the country!

Author
Kelli_Stanley
0 Kudos

Hi, B&N gang!! Happy Labor Day!! It's high-time I updated the thread here, since I've spent a very busy spring and summer gearing up for another imminent launch!

First, news on the Roman series: NOX DORMIENDA is finally available in e-book, and it's in the Nook store for only 3.99! I'm really happy about this ... I get goosebumps thinking about how a story set two thousand years ago can be told in such a cool and exciting medum! We're still working on a paperback release and hope to have that available next year.

As for what's happening right this minute, CITY OF SECRETS is launching on 9/13 (next week!!) and I'll post something then to celebrate!!

In the meantime, "Memory Book"--a new original Miranda Corbie short story (and prequel to both CITY OF SECRETS and CITY OF DRAGONS) -- is coming from Macmillan TOMORROW and will be on sale for the Nook! The story is a long one--over 10,000 words--and only .99 cents!!

Finally,  CITY OF DRAGONS is now out in paperback!!! With a beautiful textured cover and gorgeous design, it's out and about in Barnes and Nobles all over the place.

Whew!! I've got a lot to celebrate ... plus, CITY OF DRAGONS is nominated for two awards (the Macavity and the Shamus) at Bouchercon in St. Louis, where I'm heading the day after the CITY OF SECRETS releases. I'm also planning to sign at some B&Ns on the tour ... details soon! :smileyhappy: Hope to meet anyone from the B&N community along the way.

Thanks for helping me celebrate--and as always, thanks for reading!! :smileyvery-happy:

All the best,

Kelli

Kelli Stanley
www.kellistanley.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Kelli_Stanley wrote:

Hi, B&N gang!! Happy Labor Day!! It's high-time I updated the thread here, since I've spent a very busy spring and summer gearing up for another imminent launch!

First, news on the Roman series: NOX DORMIENDA is finally available in e-book, and it's in the Nook store for only 3.99! I'm really happy about this ... I get goosebumps thinking about how a story set two thousand years ago can be told in such a cool and exciting medum! We're still working on a paperback release and hope to have that available next year.

As for what's happening right this minute, CITY OF SECRETS is launching on 9/13 (next week!!) and I'll post something then to celebrate!!

In the meantime, "Memory Book"--a new original Miranda Corbie short story (and prequel to both CITY OF SECRETS and CITY OF DRAGONS) -- is coming from Macmillan TOMORROW and will be on sale for the Nook! The story is a long one--over 10,000 words--and only .99 cents!!

Finally,  CITY OF DRAGONS is now out in paperback!!! With a beautiful textured cover and gorgeous design, it's out and about in Barnes and Nobles all over the place.

Whew!! I've got a lot to celebrate ... plus, CITY OF DRAGONS is nominated for two awards (the Macavity and the Shamus) at Bouchercon in St. Louis, where I'm heading the day after the CITY OF SECRETS releases. I'm also planning to sign at some B&Ns on the tour ... details soon! :smileyhappy: Hope to meet anyone from the B&N community along the way.

Thanks for helping me celebrate--and as always, thanks for reading!! :smileyvery-happy:

All the best,

Kelli

Congratulations on your award nominations, Kelli!