Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Author LAURA KASISCHKE!

True, becke, but it's not as much fun as when you can actually put your hands ON the book and leaf through it! I do buy online, but I find that when I browse in a bookstore, I'm more apt to find a book that I wasn't necessarily looking for, but  the cover looks interesting, and so I buy it.

I guess it is possible that each Barnes and Noble store makes its own decision about where to place a book. I'm still wondering why the store would choose to put Laura's book in Literature and Fiction rather than in Mystery, or even perhaps put copies, plural, of her work in both sections. I know I saw other titles from other authors  that I've seen in mystery sections in the library and other bookstores, that for some reason were sitting in the Literature and Fiction section.

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I agree - I love the smell and feel of books. I never leave a bricks-and-mortar bookstore without at least a couple books!

I've run into this problem with a couple of authors. Jenny Crusie's books are usually in Literature and Fiction instead of Romance, and I'm never sure where to look for Karen Rose's books (mystery or romance). Sometimes I luck out and find them in New Releases - that way it's easy!

Inspired Contributor
leisure_reader
0 Kudos

Welcome Laura

I received a copy of The Raising in my Easter basket.  Can't wait to start!

J

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Fricka wrote:

True, becke, but it's not as much fun as when you can actually put your hands ON the book and leaf through it! I do buy online, but I find that when I browse in a bookstore, I'm more apt to find a book that I wasn't necessarily looking for, but  the cover looks interesting, and so I buy it.

I guess it is possible that each Barnes and Noble store makes its own decision about where to place a book. I'm still wondering why the store would choose to put Laura's book in Literature and Fiction rather than in Mystery, or even perhaps put copies, plural, of her work in both sections. I know I saw other titles from other authors  that I've seen in mystery sections in the library and other bookstores, that for some reason were sitting in the Literature and Fiction section.

I have the same trouble when I go to my local bookstore Fricka, so if there's a particular book(s) I want I just go to the desk and ask them to get it while I browse around the shelves. it seems that all bookstores no matter the brand file items differently and don't get me started on the cross-genre items, like paranormal or fantasy they could be filed in any number of places, I've even seen books in series placed in different areas that's confusing and irritating.