Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
Shiloh_walker
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Author SHILOH WALKER!

becke_davis wrote:

Shiloh - Thank you so much for visiting with us today! This is "your" thread now, and you are welcome to add updates here whenever you like. Just search your name in the white box (upper right) to find the thread; posting a new comment will move it to the front of the board.

Come back and tell us when you have new releases, new book covers or book trailers, or any time you have a B&N book signing coming up. We'd love to see you again!

Thank you, Becke!  I appreciate you having me here!

Shiloh Walker
http://shilohwalker.com/website

Learn more about Broken and Veil of Shadows.

Discover all Shiloh Walker titles.
Author
Shiloh_walker
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

Yes thank you! For visiting us. Please come back soon! :smileyvery-happy:

I'm tempted to talk Paul into having you visit one month you have got a paranormal book comming out. I'm quite sure you would be welcome. In fact there is a new thread where we're talking about underrated series and authors. I think I'll pop you on there.

LMAO!  Why thank you, Tigger...eh, chances are most people just don't think of me outside of romance.  I'm 'trying' to broaden my audience and reach out to the urban fantasy readers more, but... eh...it's a slow going thing.

Shiloh Walker

Author
Shiloh_walker
0 Kudos

Also... *G* since you enjoyed Through the Veil... there's a second one due out in a few weeks... Veil of Shadows...  :smileysurprised:)  There are links to excerpts and stuff at my site.

Shiloh Walker

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Shiloh_walker wrote:

Also... *G* since you enjoyed Through the Veil... there's a second one due out in a few weeks... Veil of Shadows...  :smileysurprised:)  There are links to excerpts and stuff at my site.

(happy dance) :smileyvery-happy:

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Shiloh_walker wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:

Yes thank you! For visiting us. Please come back soon! :smileyvery-happy:

I'm tempted to talk Paul into having you visit one month you have got a paranormal book comming out. I'm quite sure you would be welcome. In fact there is a new thread where we're talking about underrated series and authors. I think I'll pop you on there.

LMAO!  Why thank you, Tigger...eh, chances are most people just don't think of me outside of romance.  I'm 'trying' to broaden my audience and reach out to the urban fantasy readers more, but... eh...it's a slow going thing.

Yeah it's a why don't we talk about ...... more conversation. I'm thinking about gently pushing for more underrated authors to be put in the monthy features rotation.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Tigger - I think all the mods are trying to include a mix of big name authors and new or lesser known authors we think readers would enjoy. 

This is the first year we've had the flexibility to invite multiple authors - in the past, we were only allowed to feature two authors per month. As you can tell, we've gone a little nuts this year, now that we can invite as many authors as we like!

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Tigger - I think all the mods are trying to include a mix of big name authors and new or lesser known authors we think readers would enjoy. 

This is the first year we've had the flexibility to invite multiple authors - in the past, we were only allowed to feature two authors per month. As you can tell, we've gone a little nuts this year, now that we can invite as many authors as we like!

Was that because of Center Stage or.... well that's if you know or can say....

becke_davis
0 Kudos

No, they changed it before they decided to drop Center Stage.

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

becke_davis wrote:

Well I think it's a good move regardless. From a sales stand point; this is the site that will not only let you chat with the authors, but then will sell you the books.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

Well I think it's a good move regardless. From a sales stand point; this is the site that will not only let you chat with the authors, but then will sell you the books.

We're lucky to have so many authors - like Shiloh - who are willing to spend time with us!

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

We're lucky to have so many authors - like Shiloh - who are willing to spend time with us!

(nod) Truely we are.

Author
Shiloh_walker
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

LOL...well, I'm prejudiced, but I'm all about them selling the books... *G*

I forgot to check back in yesterday and I think I forgot to tell you, Becke, but thanks again for inviting me over!  I'm appreciate it!

Tigger and all, thanks for the welcome.  You all were wonderful!

Shiloh

Shiloh Walker

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hey you know to stop by here any time. :smileyvery-happy:

I'm nudging.:smileywink: But it wouldn't hurt for you to PM Paul and see if he'd appreciate a volunteered author visit by you with your next paranormal release. He's mentioned to be always looking for author visits.