Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Author SOFIE KELLY

SofieK wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

I'm impressed! What are you currently working on? (I hope I didn't ask this already - it's that kind of week!)

I don't think you asked, but even if you did, I've forgotten. : )

I'm doing the last bit of rewriting on Book 3 of the cats before it goes to my editor next month. And I'm working on a propsal for a new series.

Oh, joy! I am thrilled to find that book three is coming up!! Of course, I want to read book two first, but I'm sure as soon as I've finished with that, I'll be ready for # 3. Can you tell us what the title of #3 is going to be, or is that still in flux? Can you tell us anything about your proposed new series also, or is it too soon for that????

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
Author
SofieK
0 Kudos

Fricka wrote:

Oh, joy! I am thrilled to find that book three is coming up!! Of course, I want to read book two first, but I'm sure as soon as I've finished with that, I'll be ready for # 3. Can you tell us what the title of #3 is going to be, or is that still in flux? Can you tell us anything about your proposed new series also, or is it too soon for that????

Tentative title is A Copycat Killing but that is subject to change.

Book 2, Sleight of Paw, is set during Mayville Height's Winterfest celebration. I can tell you that Kathleen and Marcus go head to head in a puck shooting contest and Owen has a run in with the law--not Marcus.

Book 3 is set the following spring when Mayville is dealing with a lot of flooding in the downtown. There is a small incident with Maggie, Kathleen and a not so dead rodent--unless my editor vetos it.

The proposal I'm working on is a paranormal and the main character is an artist. It's a little darker than the cat books.

My friend Sara has been nagging urging me to work on an old series idea that is much more of a cozy. The main character has five brothers, a cat and a dog and some meddling little old ladies she works with. You can probably guess Sara loves animals.

Darlene/Sofie

becke_davis
0 Kudos

SofieK wrote:

Fricka wrote:

Tentative title is A Copycat Killing but that is subject to change.

Book 2, Sleight of Paw, is set during Mayville Height's Winterfest celebration. I can tell you that Kathleen and Marcus go head to head in a puck shooting contest and Owen has a run in with the law--not Marcus.

Book 3 is set the following spring when Mayville is dealing with a lot of flooding in the downtown. There is a small incident with Maggie, Kathleen and a not so dead rodent--unless my editor vetos it.

The proposal I'm working on is a paranormal and the main character is an artist. It's a little darker than the cat books.

My friend Sara has been nagging urging me to work on an old series idea that is much more of a cozy. The main character has five brothers, a cat and a dog and some meddling little old ladies she works with. You can probably guess Sara loves animals.

Darlene/Sofie

I love it when we get the inside scoop on upcoming books!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

What's ahead for you this summer, Darlene/Sofie? Do you have anything exciting planned?

Author
SofieK
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

What's ahead for you this summer, Darlene/Sofie? Do you have anything exciting planned?

The first thing I'm looking forward to is strawberry season which should start in about another week. I could happily spend the early part of summer eating asparagus and strawberries and nothing else.

We have an above-ground pool and I'm planning on just floating away a good part of the summer. My daughter wants to put pink streaks in my hair and my friend, Sara, is trying to sell me on camping. The pink streaks are a lot more likely than me sleeping in a tent.

Darlene/Sofie

becke_davis
0 Kudos

SofieK wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

The first thing I'm looking forward to is strawberry season which should start in about another week. I could happily spend the early part of summer eating asparagus and strawberries and nothing else.

We have an above-ground pool and I'm planning on just floating away a good part of the summer. My daughter wants to put pink streaks in my hair and my friend, Sara, is trying to sell me on camping. The pink streaks are a lot more likely than me sleeping in a tent.

Darlene/Sofie

I would totally go for the pink streaks! WE WANT PICTURES!!

Reader
Luciej
0 Kudos

Loved this book, Sofie. I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.

Lucie j.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Luciej wrote:

Lucie j.

Thanks for joining us, Lucie!

Author
JanetBolin
0 Kudos

I love the cat photo and the title you gave it - Something whiskered this way comes . . . . I chuckle ever time I think about it.

Author
JanetBolin
0 Kudos

Love that painting of Emma, too. What a great talent to have! I'm also very fond of Sandra Parshall's books. And her cats.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

JanetBolin wrote:

I love the cat photo and the title you gave it - Something whiskered this way comes . . . . I chuckle ever time I think about it.

I wish I could have posted the other picture Sofie/Darlene sent - I couldn't get it to upload. :-(

Author
SofieK
0 Kudos

Luciej wrote:

Lucie j.

Thank you Lucie.

Author
SofieK
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

I would totally go for the pink streaks! WE WANT PICTURES!!

They're a lot more likely than pictures of me in a tent!

Author
SofieK
0 Kudos

JanetBolin wrote:

Thanks Janet! Something whiskered this way comes was a potential title for Curiosity Thrilled the Cat. I was on a Shakespeare kick.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

SofieK wrote:

JanetBolin wrote:

Thanks Janet! Something whiskered this way comes was a potential title for Curiosity Thrilled the Cat. I was on a Shakespeare kick.

That would have been a great title! Of course, so is the title they went with.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Sofie/Darlene - Thank you so much for spending time with us this week! I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

Inspired Wordsmith
harleyhoney
0 Kudos

Welcome Sofie/Darlene and thank you for spending time with us.  I have Curiosity Thrilled the Cat and hope to start it soon.  It sounds like just my kind of book.  Thank you for sharing the story about your neighbor kitty, KC.

Nancy

"Somebody said they saw me swinging the world by the tail, bouncing over a white cloud, killing the blues."
Killing the Blues by Rowland Salley
Performed by Robert Plant and Alison Kraus on RAISING SAND
Author
SofieK
0 Kudos

harleyhoney wrote:

Welcome Sofie/Darlene and thank you for spending time with us.  I have Curiosity Thrilled the Cat and hope to start it soon.  It sounds like just my kind of book.  Thank you for sharing the story about your neighbor kitty, KC.

Nancy

Thanks Nancy. I hope you like the book.

Sofie/Darlene

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I'm sure a lot of you will be picking up Sofie's first Magical Cat book after reading this thread. Come back if you want to talk to Sofie about it - I'll make sure she knows if new comments are added.

Sofie - I hope you'll come back and join us again (we can continue this thread) when the next book comes out!

Author
SofieK
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

I'm sure a lot of you will be picking up Sofie's first Magical Cat book after reading this thread. Come back if you want to talk to Sofie about it - I'll make sure she knows if new comments are added.

Sofie - I hope you'll come back and join us again (we can continue this thread) when the next book comes out!

Thank you Becke and everyone for the warm welcome. and a special thank you to Fricka for suggesting me in the first place. If anyone has any questions please post them or email me through my website. I really do like to hear comments, yes even the not so positive ones.

Sofie/Darlene