Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Author WENDY CORSI STAUB!

Wendy_Corsi_Staub wrote:

Hi TiggerBear!

The only books that need to be read  in order, really, are DYING BREATH and DEAD BEFORE DARK (which is a sequel) and LIVE TO TELL (my latest) which will be followed by SCARED TO DEATH and HELL TO PAY. The others are all standalone (not that these aren't--but they are part of a series).

My favorite, personally, of the adult thrillers is probably THE FINAL VICTIM from the backlist titles, or my current one, LIVE TO TELL. I liked THE FINAL VICTIM because of the setting--Savannah and a spanish-moss-draped Georgia island--and because of the good, old-fashioned twist. But I would definitely say that my writing gets stronger with each new book so the latest would be the strongest, in that sense. :-)

As a new reader, though, I'd say that the book that best illustrates my style of domestic psychological suspense is SHE LOVES ME NOT, or LIVE TO TELL.

I'm so glad Tigger thought to ask this question. I went back through your books and I think Tigger will be happy with any of your books. I read so many books, sometimes they tend to run together. But I can go through your list and with just those few lines of description I can remember each story and how they gripped me when I first read them. When I have some time, I'd like to read them all again!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Wendy - thank you so much for visiting with us today! I'm sorry I was gone for awhile - we were invited to dinner with some friends who hadn't met Jessica, and we stayed longer than we had expected to. Jessica spent most of the evening playing with the kids - if she ever moves back here, she'll be in demand as a babysitter!

I appreciate you taking the time from your busy schedule to chat with us. It's always great to see you here!

Author
Wendy_Corsi_Staub
0 Kudos

Thank YOU, Becke, and everyone here! I have to remember to pop in and say hi once in awhile. It's always fun to be here! And having seen Jessica in action with my boys, I have to second that thought about babysitting! :-)

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Wendy_Corsi_Staub wrote:

Eadie, thanks so much for taking the time to let me know you like KISS HER GOODBYE! I love it when my readers tell me they're reluctant to put the book down. And love it even more when they are totally fooled by the endings of my books. When you're finished, let me know if I got you!

PS Love the Laurel Thatcher Ulrich quote! :-)

Wendy:

Finished your book last night. You got me! I kept switching my mind throughout the book. Maybe it's him, maybe it's them! Totally surprised at the end!

I love the constant switch of story lines during the book. I think that helps to keep the reader interested. The reader continues to say, "Oh, let me see what these characters are up". And, at the switch, the cliff-hangers are great!

Thanks for the great read! I will definitely read the rest of your books! I'm hooked, so keep on writing.

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Wendy_Corsi_Staub wrote:

Thank YOU, Becke, and everyone here! I have to remember to pop in and say hi once in awhile. It's always fun to be here! And having seen Jessica in action with my boys, I have to second that thought about babysitting! :-)

You're always welcome here, Wendy - we can always add to this thread, too, when you have new releases, book trailers, new book covers, and so on!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

eadieburke wrote:

Wendy_Corsi_Staub wrote:

Eadie, thanks so much for taking the time to let me know you like KISS HER GOODBYE! I love it when my readers tell me they're reluctant to put the book down. And love it even more when they are totally fooled by the endings of my books. When you're finished, let me know if I got you!

PS Love the Laurel Thatcher Ulrich quote! :-)

Wendy:

Finished your book last night. You got me! I kept switching my mind throughout the book. Maybe it's him, maybe it's them! Totally surprised at the end!

I love the constant switch of story lines during the book. I think that helps to keep the reader interested. The reader continues to say, "Oh, let me see what these characters are up". And, at the switch, the cliff-hangers are great!

Thanks for the great read! I will definitely read the rest of your books! I'm hooked, so keep on writing.

Oh, I'm so glad you liked it! I'm not at all surprised, though. ;-)

Author
Wendy_Corsi_Staub
0 Kudos

Eadie, so glad I fooled you! The big "whodunnit twist" is my trademark but it's more and more challenging to fool my astute readers!

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

Wendy_Corsi_Staub wrote:

Eadie, so glad I fooled you! The big "whodunnit twist" is my trademark but it's more and more challenging to fool my astute readers!

I love twists. You seem to have mastered the art! Good for you because that is what readers are looking for!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I'm with you - I LOVE twist endings and surprises!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I'm refreshing this thread to bring news of Wendy's upcoming release. Check out this cool book trailer!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Wendy's website is here: http://wendycorsistaub.com/

Her new book comes out soon - August 28, 2012! 

Nightwatcher  

Nightwatcher

As the city sleeps in the early hours of September 10, 2001, the killer waits and watches, unaware of the cataclysm to come. Even the nightmare of 9/11 will not postpone his private reign of terror.

Allison Taylor adores her adopted city, New York, loving every minute of the invigorating urban hustle. But on a bright and clear September morning, the familiar landscape around her is savagely altered—and in the midst of widespread chaos and fear, a woman living upstairs from her is found, brutally slaughtered and mutilated.

For Allison…for her neighbor, James “Mack” MacKenna, desperately searching for news of his missing wife…for homicide detective Rocky Manzillo, hunting for a monster amid the smoking ruins of a devastated city, this tragic day will hold a special horror. Because a different kind of terror has entered their lives…and it’s coming to claim Allison Taylor as its next victim.

Reviews:

Staub is boss when it comes to relaying fictionalized accounts of revulsion. “Nightwatcher” is one such book. A disturbing yet suspenseful tale that will take you into the mind of a serial killer amidst the calamity and horror of real terror on American soil.

Staub allows glimpses into the psyche of not just the serial killer, but of his Suspenseful, powerful, tense and—as usual—wonderfully written with an ending that will leave you guessing—well, maybe not the reader, but certainly (NYPD Detective) Manzillo. As clarification, you can read an excerpt of “Sleepwalker,” which is “Nightwatcher’s” successor in crime that Staub includes at the end of this book. A great read!
-- Starr Gardinier Reina for Suspense Magazine