Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome ELLEN HORAN, author of 31 BOND STREET

Ellen - one thing that intrigued me when I first heard about 31 Bond Street was the way it was sort of a hybrid. There is mystery, murder, history, romance, true crime, etc.

As a reader, I really liked that mix but I wonder if that made it more difficult for you to sell the book. Or did the fact that it was different make it easier to sell?

Author
Ellen-Horan
0 Kudos

I really never thought about any of those things. I didn't set out to try do any of them. Of course, this was about a murder from the beginning. I knew everyone is always curious about always, but it wasn't after I had found an agent, that she told me that she saw these different elements in it. I really am too close to it -- for me it is just a story. I was more interested in pacing, in how to make the story move fast and slow down, and move from situation to situation. Its funny I never think of it as a romance ... 

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Well, your book is really getting a lot of good buzz, so your instincts obviously led you in the right direction. 

You've been published in the past, but it looks like this is your first book. Was it a difficult transition from non-fiction articles to a fictionalized murder mystery?

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Ellen, thank you so much for visiting with us! Have fun with your book signings and new release parties - please come back and visit when your next book comes out! 

Author
Ellen-Horan
0 Kudos

Thank you Becke --

I left you on Tuesday as I got busy for  my book release and my Barnes & Noble Reading. I had a great turnout despite torrential rains. Now, we finally have sunshine! 

Thanks for the chance to talk about 31 Bond Street here, at the B&N Book Clubs too, 

Best, 

Ellen

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Ellen-Horan wrote:

Thank you Becke --

I left you on Tuesday as I got busy for  my book release and my Barnes & Noble Reading. I had a great turnout despite torrential rains. Now, we finally have sunshine! 

Thanks for the chance to talk about 31 Bond Street here, at the B&N Book Clubs too, 

Best, 

Ellen

Isn't that always the way? My niece visited last weekend, and it was so rainy we spent most of the time indoors. Now it is GORGEOUS. Oh well, better late than never.

I hope your release week was a blast -- I hope you'll come back and visit sometime. Also, if you are nominated for any awards, if you do any B&N book signings, anything like that, be sure to stop in and share your news with us.

Have a great weekend!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

This message has been moved to a more appropriate location. This helps to keep our boards organized.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

To any of you who missed Ellen's book when it came out last year in hardcover, it is now available in paperback:

31 Bond Street

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

I read 31 BOND STREET when she visited last time. It was very good!
becke_davis wrote:

To any of you who missed Ellen's book when it came out last year in hardcover, it is now available in paperback:

31 Bond Street

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt