Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Featured Author E.J. COPPERMAN!

VERY BIG NEWS: A new series is coming from Jeff Cohen and E.J. Copperman! Coming in 2014, COOLER HEADS is the first book of (at least) three about Samuel Hoenig, a borderline genius with Asperger’s Syndrome who has set up a business answering questions–about anything–for a fee. When he and his new associate try to solve a burglary at a New Jersey cryogenics lab, they stumble onto a murder investigation. But Samuel won’t exercise his brilliant mind on the death… until someone asks him a question. (Coming from Midnight Ink, details to follow!)

Do you  have a release date for COOLER HEADS?

Author
ejcopperman
0 Kudos

Not yet, Becke. Not even sure it's going to be called COOLER HEADS anymore. But believe me, the minute I know anything for certain, I'll let you know!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ejcopperman wrote:

Not yet, Becke. Not even sure it's going to be called COOLER HEADS anymore. But believe me, the minute I know anything for certain, I'll let you know!

When you get  the title, the cover, etc. let me know and I'll post the updates here.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Can you tell us any more about the new series or is it too soon to say?

Author
ejcopperman
0 Kudos

It actually is sort of too soon. I'm not sure of a release date yet, but I can tell you it's told in the voice of a man with Asperger's Syndrome who's trying very hard to help others even when he doesn't understand the way people act. In the first book he hires an "associate" because she can take pictures and drive, and doesn't necesssarily bother to tell her she's an employee. Samuel is a special project of mine, and I'm really hoping readers will enjoy him.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ejcopperman wrote:

It actually is sort of too soon. I'm not sure of a release date yet, but I can tell you it's told in the voice of a man with Asperger's Syndrome who's trying very hard to help others even when he doesn't understand the way people act. In the first book he hires an "associate" because she can take pictures and drive, and doesn't necesssarily bother to tell her she's an employee. Samuel is a special project of mine, and I'm really hoping readers will enjoy him.

Sounds intriguing - I'll definitely check this series out!

Do you have any special plans for Halloween?

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Author
ejcopperman
0 Kudos

Alas, I'll spend Halloween teaching the whole day about an hour and a half from home, so no special plans. I'll let Paul and Maxie handle the festivities--they're ghosts, so they're experienced at that sort of thing.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

ejcopperman wrote:

Alas, I'll spend Halloween teaching the whole day about an hour and a half from home, so no special plans. I'll let Paul and Maxie handle the festivities--they're ghosts, so they're experienced at that sort of thing.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for visiting with us this week - come back again soon!

Author
ejcopperman
0 Kudos

It has been a genuine pleasure. I'll come back anytime you'd like me to! Thank you for the week!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ejcopperman wrote:

It has been a genuine pleasure. I'll come back anytime you'd like me to! Thank you for the week!

You're very welcome! Let us know when you get a cover image for your new book - I'll share it here. I'll post the link as soon as it can be preordered, too.

Becke