Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Featured Author JEAN HARRINGTON!

JeanHarrington wrote:

What I'm working on now is #5 in the Murders by Design Series.  Carina Press has already accepted the mss. for #4, Rooms to Die For.  Hope we can keep the title--I'm kind of in love with it!  Thanks for asking. 

Great title - I hope they keep it! Do you know the release date?

becke_davis
0 Kudos

JeanHarrington wrote:

Am I artistic?  Hmm.  To some degree I must be, though I haven't thought of myself in that way.  Words have always fascinated me, but so does visual art.  As for music, I love lounge songs "Why was i born."--that kind of thing, so no high artistic leanings there.  And I dance with two left feet.  But I am something of a wordsmith.  I hope that counts.

It counts!!

Author
JeanHarrington
0 Kudos

If you're scrolling around on the computer today, you might want to visit the Carina Press Author Blog Site.  I'm up there all day talking about Killer Kitchens and would love for you to visit.  Leave a comment if you wish, or just drop by.Either way, you're welcome.  Cheers!  Jean 

Jean Harrington
becke_davis
0 Kudos

JeanHarrington wrote:

If you're scrolling around on the computer today, you might want to visit the Carina Press Author Blog Site.  I'm up there all day talking about Killer Kitchens and would love for you to visit.  Leave a comment if you wish, or just drop by.Either way, you're welcome.  Cheers!  Jean 

Here's the direct link: http://carinapress.com/blog/2013/04/whats-for-dinner/

Carina Press Blog

WHAT’S FOR DINNER?

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Jean - How is your ankle? Do you know if it's sprained or broken? I hope you're feeling better today!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Jean - Please email me if you're having trouble signing in. I just found out another author has been unable to access the site today.

Thanks,

Becke

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Thanks so much for visiting with us, and sharing your release week with us! Come back soon!

Author
JeanHarrington
0 Kudos

The release date for Rooms To Die For is January 24th, 2014.   And we expect to be at a wedding on January 25th.  Good things do come in what?  Twos?  Anyway, I'm psyched! 

Jean Harrington
becke_davis
0 Kudos

JeanHarrington wrote:

The release date for Rooms To Die For is January 24th, 2014.   And we expect to be at a wedding on January 25th.  Good things do come in what?  Twos?  Anyway, I'm psyched! 

Sounds like next January is going to be a very exciting month for you! Hope your weekend is fun and relaxing, Jean!

Distinguished Bibliophile
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Nice to meet you and for some reason the cover of Killer Kitchens is making me think of the time I almost took off my pinky with a deli slicer.  Must be the blood.

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Ryan_G wrote:

Nice to meet you and for some reason the cover of Killer Kitchens is making me think of the time I almost took off my pinky with a deli slicer.  Must be the blood.

Ugh, Ryan - I hope your pinky is okay!

Distinguished Bibliophile
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

I was a kid then, should have been using it to begin with, and dug a little meat off the outside of my left pinkie, then skinned it a big further down.  You can see a scar, but not much of one anymore.

becke_davis wrote:

Ryan_G wrote:

Ugh, Ryan - I hope your pinky is okay!

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Author
JeanHarrington
0 Kudos

Thanks for the warm welcome, Becke, it's great to be back with you.  Now that my new book, Rooms To Die For, is out on Nook, you've made it a red letter day!

Jean Harrington
becke_davis
0 Kudos

JeanHarrington wrote:

Thanks for the warm welcome, Becke, it's great to be back with you.  Now that my new book, Rooms To Die For, is out on Nook, you've made it a red letter day!

Did you do anything special to celebrate your release day, Jean, or is it all old hat now?