Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Featured Author KATHERINE HALL PAGE!

Hi Katherine, Welcome and hope that you have a great visit.

I see that you have a theme to your mysteries. You use the word Body in your titles.

How did you decided to do that?

I will have to check out your books.

So have a great visit.

ReadingPatti

Contributor
Katherinehallpage25
0 Kudos

Good morning all! And Happy May 1st! Beautiful here...

When my editor, the marvelous and legendary, now much lamented, Ruth Cavin asked when could they expect the next in the series after she had obtained The Body in the Belfry, I was aware for the first time that I was writing a series! Great. I figured probably 4 books and liked the notion of the repetition of "The Body". You know the rest. It turned out to be a good choice as people can ask at libraries and bookstores for those "Body" in the title books.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Katherinehallpage25 wrote:

When my editor, the marvelous and legendary, now much lamented, Ruth Cavin asked when could they expect the next in the series after she had obtained The Body in the Belfry, I was aware for the first time that I was writing a series! Great. I figured probably 4 books and liked the notion of the repetition of "The Body". You know the rest. It turned out to be a good choice as people can ask at libraries and bookstores for those "Body" in the title books.

Four books? I wonder how you would have felt if you'd known the series would go on this long - excited or intimidated??

becke_davis
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Four books? I wonder how you would have felt if you'd known the series would go on this long - excited or intimidated??

Do you have any plans to start another series at some point? (Although, I don't know when you'd find time to write it!)

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Contributor
Katherinehallpage25
0 Kudos

Lack of imagination or maybe Faith Fairchlild is so stuck in some part of my brain—I've never been able to come up with another series I wanted to write. Have done some non-series short stories and will be doing more though...stay tuned!
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Lack of imagination or maybe Faith Fairchlild is so stuck in some part of my brain—I've never been able to come up with another series I wanted to write. Have done some non-series short stories and will be doing more though...stay tuned!

With all the books you've written, I think it's safe to say "lack of imagination" will never be an issue for you! I was just curious if there was another series you were tabling until you had some free time!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Katherine - Do you have any travels planned for this year? Are you likely to write another travel-based book any time soon?

You had mentioned some of the things you had to consider while writing this book. Have you been holding back on other ideas because it would be hard to work it in realistically?

Contributor
Katherinehallpage25
0 Kudos

First of all, I had a wonderful launch to this book with a special dinner event at Stellina, a wonderful Italian restaurant in Watertown, Massachusetts. It was especially poignant to be there after the terrible events following the Boston Marathon bombings and the sense of community Boston Strong and Watertown Strong was powerful.

I am going to England for a week in June, again with my boon traveli companion writer and friend Valerie Wolzien. Ilove her Susan Henshaw and Josie Pigeon series. We are staying in London for the most part close to Fitzroy Square, Virginia Woolf territory and will make day trips to Cambridge, as well as two nights in Rye, E.F. Benson's Lucia locale as well as Henry James's home. Also hoping to go to Scotland and the Hebrides in the fall with my husband, Alan. Immediate travelMalice Domestic in Bethesda tomorrow!

The nest book is a collection of short stories-a departure and I'm excited about it. And after that, I have another Maine book percolating in my mind, but who knows it could end up located on the isle of Skye!

Good night all.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

First of all, I had a wonderful launch to this book with a special dinner event at Stellina, a wonderful Italian restaurant in Watertown, Massachusetts. It was especially poignant to be there after the terrible events following the Boston Marathon bombings and the sense of community Boston Strong and Watertown Strong was powerful.

I am going to England for a week in June, again with my boon traveli companion writer and friend Valerie Wolzien. Ilove her Susan Henshaw and Josie Pigeon series. We are staying in London for the most part close to Fitzroy Square, Virginia Woolf territory and will make day trips to Cambridge, as well as two nights in Rye, E.F. Benson's Lucia locale as well as Henry James's home. Also hoping to go to Scotland and the Hebrides in the fall with my husband, Alan. Immediate travelMalice Domestic in Bethesda tomorrow!

The nest book is a collection of short stories-a departure and I'm excited about it. And after that, I have another Maine book percolating in my mind, but who knows it could end up located on the isle of Skye!

Good night all.

Murder in the Forecast  

Death in Duplicate  

Death in a Beach Chair (Susan Henshaw Series)  

A Fashionable Murder  

Death at a Premium  

An Anniversary to Die For  

We Wish You a Merry Murder (A Susan Henshaw Mystery)  

This Old Murder  

Shore to Die (A Josie Pigeon Mystery)  

Death at a Discount  

The Student Body  

Weddings Are Murder (A Susan Henshaw Mystery)  

Permit for Murder (A Josie Pigeon Mystery)  

Elected for Death (A Susan Henshaw Mystery)  

Remodeled to Death (A Susan Henshaw Mystery)  

A Star-Spangled Murder  

'Tis the Season to Be Murdered (A Susan Henshaw Mystery)  

Deck the Halls with Murder (A Josie Pigeon Mystery)  

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Good night all.

Have a wonderful time in England and Scotland. I've never been to Skye but I hear it's idyllic! (And hard to get to...)

I had so much fun at Malice Domestic last year! I was hoping to go this year but the timing didn't work out. Hopefully I'll make it next year. Have fun!!

Contributor
Katherinehallpage25
0 Kudos

I'm off! Lovely to spend the week with you and I'll try to post today from Malice. See you at Bouchercon though, yes? Many, many thanks, dear Becke!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I'm off! Lovely to spend the week with you and I'll try to post today from Malice. See you at Bouchercon though, yes? Many, many thanks, dear Becke!

Thanks so much for visiting with us this week, Katherine!

Have a wonderful time! I highly recommend Malice Domestic, if any of you are considering going to a Mystery conference.

I'm not making it to ANY conferences this year, Katherine. I have a family wedding in Portland at the beginning of September. It's in Portland, Oregon, and since we've never been to that part of the country, my husband and I are going to take some time off and explore the Pacific Northwest. If Bouchercon was on the West Coast this year I'd probably combine the two, but Albany's a long way. It's frustrating, because I have relatives in that area and any other year I'd probably go to Bouchercon and squeeze in a visit with them, too. Oh well!

I hope you have a fabulous time at Malice, and please come visit again when your next book comes out!

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

becke_davis wrote:

Have a wonderful time! I highly recommend Malice Domestic, if any of you are considering going to a Mystery conference.

I'm not making it to ANY conferences this year, Katherine. I have a family wedding in Portland at the beginning of September. It's in Portland, Oregon, and since we've never been to that part of the country, my husband and I are going to take some time off and explore the Pacific Northwest. If Bouchercon was on the West Coast this year I'd probably combine the two, but Albany's a long way. It's frustrating, because I have relatives in that area and any other year I'd probably go to Bouchercon and squeeze in a visit with them, too. Oh well!

I hope you have a fabulous time at Malice, and please come visit again when your next book comes out!

I was going to go this year to Malice Domestic but I didn't know what to do about my animals because my husband was away golfing in Myrtle Beach.

Went to NY last night with a friend. Caught the 5:30 train at Princeton Junction and returned around midnight. We had dinner at The National Women's Republican Club. I just became a member there because you can stay overnight for 1/2 price of the hotels in NY. They have great food there too. I had bowl of tomato soup, caesar salad, lampchops and key lime pie which was very good for $65.00 (unheard of for NY). They gave us 4 nice size lampchops! I have to spend $50.00 every six months. They are located right across the street from Rockefeller Center and Radio City Music Hall. So adding all that together, $300.00 a year membership fee is a great deal for dining and staying over night in New York .

My husband is delayed this morning at the airport coming home from Myrtle Beach. He said because of bad weather in Chicago. I thought that I would check out and see if Becke has reported what's going on in the weather scene where she lives. lol

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
becke_davis
0 Kudos

eadieburke wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

I was going to go this year to Malice Domestic but I didn't know what to do about my animals because my husband was away golfing in Myrtle Beach.

Went to NY last night with a friend. Caught the 5:30 train at Princeton Junction and returned around midnight. We had dinner at The National Women's Republican Club. I just became a member there because you can stay overnight for 1/2 price of the hotels in NY. They have great food there too. I had bowl of tomato soup, caesar salad, lampchops and key lime pie which was very good for $65.00 (unheard of for NY). They gave us 4 nice size lampchops! I have to spend $50.00 every six months. They are located right across the street from Rockefeller Center and Radio City Music Hall. So adding all that together, $300.00 a year membership fee is a great deal for dining and staying over night in New York .

My husband is delayed this morning at the airport coming home from Myrtle Beach. He said because of bad weather in Chicago. I thought that I would check out and see if Becke has reported what's going on in the weather scene where she lives. lol

What fun to be able to do a short getaway to NYC! It rained all day yesterday, Eadie, but it wasn't stormy - just plain old rain. Today it's bright and sunny! I hope your husband had a good time in Myrtle Beach. I've never been there but I hear it's really nice!

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

becke_davis wrote:

eadieburke wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

What fun to be able to do a short getaway to NYC! It rained all day yesterday, Eadie, but it wasn't stormy - just plain old rain. Today it's bright and sunny! I hope your husband had a good time in Myrtle Beach. I've never been there but I hear it's really nice!

It might be the bad weather there that delayed the flight. When I heard from him the other day he said it was drizzling and cloudy. I remember Maxcat said it was rainy where she is too. I'm sure he had a great time with the other guys that went. They were in a house and they also had card games going on. Business trip with the truck company that rent their trucks from. He sounded a little hung over this morning. lol Got to pay the piper when you party!

I'm planning a trip with my daughter to NY on July 3rd to take my 5-1/2 year old granddaughter to see a matinee of Lion King. She loves the music, so we think she can handle sitting thru it with the music and the actors dressed up and moving up and down the aisles. Very beautiful. I saw it a couple years ago.

We will drive to Princeton Junction and take the train. I bet she would love the train ride too! She loves Applebees and their grilled cheese so we would take her to one in Princeton on the way home. Can't sit still too long unless it's a favorite place. I'll leave the husband home because he'll get antsy if she doesn't behave. Besides, the tickets are close to $200/piece for the theatre so a little expensive if she doesn't behave. But worth it if the music and animals entertain her!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
becke_davis
0 Kudos

eadieburke wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

eadieburke wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

It might be the bad weather there that delayed the flight. When I heard from him the other day he said it was drizzling and cloudy. I remember Maxcat said it was rainy where she is too. I'm sure he had a great time with the other guys that went. They were in a house and they also had card games going on. Business trip with the truck company that rent their trucks from. He sounded a little hung over this morning. lol Got to pay the piper when you party!

I'm planning a trip with my daughter to NY on July 3rd to take my 5-1/2 year old granddaughter to see a matinee of Lion King. She loves the music, so we think she can handle sitting thru it with the music and the actors dressed up and moving up and down the aisles. Very beautiful. I saw it a couple years ago.

We will drive to Princeton Junction and take the train. I bet she would love the train ride too! She loves Applebees and their grilled cheese so we would take her to one in Princeton on the way home. Can't sit still too long unless it's a favorite place. I'll leave the husband home because he'll get antsy if she doesn't behave. Besides, the tickets are close to $200/piece for the theatre so a little expensive if she doesn't behave. But worth it if the music and animals entertain her!

My husband took my daughter to see Lion King in London - I haven't seen it, but they said it was absolutely WONDERFUL! My husband said it was very moving, and beautifully done.