Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Featured Author LIZ LIPPERMAN!

Author
lizlip
0 Kudos

Happy Valentine's Day to you, too, Becke. You can see from my last post why I don't like to type. I suck at it.

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

lizlip, Welcome hope your visit has been a great one.

I like the titles of your books. How you come up with them?

I must check them out. They look good.

ReadingPatti

Author
lizlip
0 Kudos

Hey, Patti, Happy Valentine's day. With the exception of the first book, LIVER LET DIE, all the titles are mine. That one started out as Ducks in a Row. After that I would find a title I loved, then write the story around it. BEEF STOLEN-OFF, for instance, deals with cattle rustling in Texas, MURDER FOR THE HALIBUT with a cooking competition on a cruise ship. My editor jokes that the marketing department wants to hire me to come up with all their titles!!

I hope you do check them out. And if coozies aren't your thing, I write in two other genres!! LIke I said, I am still trying to discover what I want to be when I grow up!

Thanks for commenting.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

lizlip wrote:

Happy Valentine's Day to you, too, Becke. You can see from my last post why I don't like to type. I suck at it.

These days so many people post from their phones, I barely notice typos. Sorry I've been absent so much today - I had a little girl here who was determined not to take any naps!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

lizlip wrote:

Hey, Patti, Happy Valentine's day. With the exception of the first book, LIVER LET DIE, all the titles are mine. That one started out as Ducks in a Row. After that I would find a title I loved, then write the story around it. BEEF STOLEN-OFF, for instance, deals with cattle rustling in Texas, MURDER FOR THE HALIBUT with a cooking competition on a cruise ship. My editor jokes that the marketing department wants to hire me to come up with all their titles!!

I hope you do check them out. And if coozies aren't your thing, I write in two other genres!! LIke I said, I am still trying to discover what I want to be when I grow up!

Thanks for commenting.

I love when authors write in multiple genres, because I like to READ multiple genres! 

I'm not surprised the marketing department wants you on board - your titles are CLASSIC!

Inspired Contributor
leisure_reader
0 Kudos

Welcome Liz!!!!!!!!!!!

Foodies of the world...unite!

The titles are great...recipes too...

Cozies in this weather are wonderful..keep up the writing

J

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

Author
lizlip
0 Kudos

Leisure, I can't tell if you are a writer, a reader or both. Sounds like you've tried some of the recipes?? When I wrote the first book, I included ten of my recipes, figuring they would use one or two. They used them all, so now I have to put ten in every book. And they gave me fits in the copy editing stage. Since most of them are my own recipes, it wa a little bit of this, a pinch of that. I remember once when I said to take the caserole out of the oven and cover it with grated cheese before putting in back in the oven for ten more minutes. the copy editor wanted to know what it looked like before you added the cheess. I freaked out. I don"t care what it looks like, put the %#$@$ cheese on it!! (I never said that!!)

I would be really interested to hear if you tried any of them. And thanks for commenting.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

lizlip wrote:

Leisure, I can't tell if you are a writer, a reader or both. Sounds like you've tried some of the recipes?? When I wrote the first book, I included ten of my recipes, figuring they would use one or two. They used them all, so now I have to put ten in every book. And they gave me fits in the copy editing stage. Since most of them are my own recipes, it wa a little bit of this, a pinch of that. I remember once when I said to take the caserole out of the oven and cover it with grated cheese before putting in back in the oven for ten more minutes. the copy editor wanted to know what it looked like before you added the cheess. I freaked out. I don"t care what it looks like, put the %#$@$ cheese on it!! (I never said that!!)

I would be really interested to hear if you tried any of them. And thanks for commenting.

LOL! I didn't realize these were all your own recipes - that's impressive! My mom loves mysteries with recipes. I think she's made quite a few. I'm not a wonderful cook so while I may photocopy recipes that sound good to me, I'm not 100% likely to make them. 

If any of you make the recipes in Liz's books, take pictures! Let me know and we can share them here.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Inspired Contributor
leisure_reader
0 Kudos

hi liz

No I'm not a writer (I wish).  Just an avid reader of everything.  Recipes combined with mysteries...best of both worlds.  The Pumpkin "pie" is very good!

j

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

Author
lizlip
0 Kudos

Leisure, the pumplin pie crunch is hubby's favoirtie dessert. And I'm glad you're a reader..

And Becke, not all but most of the recipes are my own. I love going to restaurants, bringing home a doggy bag and figuring out how they made it. My way is always way easier.  I do have seveal pictures of the recipes since I'm asked to blog about them. Email me Liz@LizLipperman.com with your email address and I'll send them. I'm off to bed now. Good night.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Liz - Thank you so much for visiting with us this week! This is your thread now, so you're welcome to come back and post news and updates here. Come by any time - we'd love to see you!

Author
lizlip
0 Kudos

Becke, I had a blast with you. I had surgery on my finger on Tuesday, so I am typing even slower than usual. And I love that I have my own thread!! Thanks, again.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

lizlip wrote:

Becke, I had a blast with you. I had surgery on my finger on Tuesday, so I am typing even slower than usual. And I love that I have my own thread!! Thanks, again.

How can you type with an injured finger? I hope it heals quickly!