becke_davis
0 Kudos

Please Welcome Featured Author MERLINE LOVELACE!

[ Edited ]

This week's featured author is here by your special request. Please welcome USA Today Best Selling Author MERLINE LOVELACE!

Merline's website is here: http://www.merlinelovelace.com/index.html

She's a prolific author - I'm going to try to post links to all her books, but in case I miss any you can see the complete list here: http://www.merlinelovelace.com/books.html

She's on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/merline.lovelace?fref=ts

Speaking of which, this is from Merline's Facebook page:

Yay! Just got the cover for the first of the 2-in-1 books in the Special Ops series I'm doing with the fabulous Lindsay McKenna. This book comes out in Nov. Lindsay's hero is a USMC sniper, mine is a USAF combat controller.

Photo: Yay!  Just got the cover for the first of the 2-in-1 books in the Special Ops series I'm doing with the fabulous Lindsay McKenna.   This book comes out in Nov.  Lindsay's hero is a USMC sniper, mine is a USAF combat controller.

Course of Action  

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Featured Author MERLINE LOVELACE!

About Merline - from her websitehttp://www.merlinelovelace.com/about-me.html

Military Family

Picture

As you can see from this picture of my mom and dad on their wedding day, I come from a military family.  Dad served in the European Theater in WWII and retired from the Air Force in 1961.  Mom was a real trooper -- she’d pack up kids, dogs, cats, turtles and parakeets and make every move a grand adventure.

And all four of their kids followed the military tradition.  My brother and older sister served in the Marines.  My younger sister and I both went AF.  

Wedding Bells

Picture

I joined the AF after attending Ripon College, WI; Middlebury College, VT; and Princeton University, NJ.  As fate would have it, I met this dashing young captain my second day at my very first duty station.  Al and I were married in Taiwan, honeymooned in Hong Kong.

Continued...

becke_davis
0 Kudos

More about Merline:

Vietnam

Picture

A year later, Al got orders to Vietnam and I immediately volunteered to go.  He served at DaNang, I was at Tan Son Nhut AB, just outside Saigon - NOT an experience I’d want to repeat, although it did give me great fodder for my book, Duty and Dishonor.

Duty and Dishonor  

Would do it all again in a heartbeat!

Picture

Many great assignments followed: Maxwell AFB, AL; Kirtland AFB, NM; Randolph AFB, TX; The Pentagon; and the highlight of my career - commander of the 3200 Support Wing at Eglin AFB, FL.  Serving my country was a wonderful experience, one I’d recommend to anyone who loves adventure and being part of something crucially important.

Life after the Air Force

Picture

Now I’ve hung up my uniform for good and gone blond.  Al and I spend most of our time traveling or chasing little white balls around the fairways of Oklahoma -- when I’m not glued to my keyboard, racing to meet a deadline, that is.  Life is good!!!!!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

becke_davis
0 Kudos
becke_davis
0 Kudos

becke_davis
0 Kudos

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Please welcome MERLINE LOVELACE!

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Hi, Merline, welcome to the forum. Thank you for your service for our country. It is a grand gesture to commit yourself to that much time. I've never run into any of your books but will try to look into them. Have a great week here.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
becke_davis
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

Hi, Merline, welcome to the forum. Thank you for your service for our country. It is a grand gesture to commit yourself to that much time. I've never run into any of your books but will try to look into them. Have a great week here.

I'll second that sentiment, Max!

Contributor
Merline
0 Kudos

Hi, Becke -  Thanks for the warm welcome!!!  Good to be here.

Contributor
Merline
0 Kudos

Hi, Maxcat - I thoroughly enjoyed my years in uniform.  I was quite proud to serve and still can't believe those years went by so fast.  I love being a writer, too!!!  I like being my own boss <g> and traveling to exotic places to research my books.  I get ideas everywhere I go.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

Ooooh, I am so thrilled we have Merline joining us here! Welcome, Merline, and thank you for your service to our country.

I have read all the Sam Spade mysteries you've written, and hope there might be another one coming in the future. Since I live in the Southwest, those books were especially interesting to me.

What part of Oklahoma do you live in now? My parents met at a college in Oklahoma, and almost all  my Dad's relatives are scattered around the state. Have you set any of your books in Oklahoma?

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Merline wrote:

Hi, Becke -  Thanks for the warm welcome!!!  Good to be here.

Hurray! I'm so glad you were able to sign in!

Can you tell us what you're working on now, or is it too early to say?

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Merline - Do you have any Barnes & Noble book signings scheduled for this year?

Contributor
Merline
0 Kudos

Hi, Frica -

Thanks for the warm welcome!  Also for the kind words about the Samantha Spade series.  As you could probably tell, I had great fun with Sam and her quirky team.  I'm not planning any more books in the series at the moment but ya never know...

You asked where we live in OK.  We're right in the center of tornado alley, in OKC/Moore.  Just got a storm shetler put in last week so we can breathe easy now.

As for books set in Oklahoma you might enjoy the historical series I did for Mira - A Savage Beauty, Untamed, and Eye of the Beholder. I've also done a number of comtemporaries, including the recent Desire releases The Paternity Promise and The Paternity Proposition.

Contributor
Merline
0 Kudos

Re: Works in Progress

Hi Becke -

You asked what I'm currently working on.  Right now I'm working on Book #3 in the DUCHESS DIARIES series I'm doing for Harlequin Desire.  I'm having great fun with the series - it's got lots of glitz and glamor and travel to the world's glittering capitals. 

Book #1 in the series, A BUSINESS ENGAGEMENT, is set partially in one of my favorite cities in the world - Paris.  It's just hitting the stands now.

Book #2 is THE DIPLOMAT'S PREGNANT BRIDE, which takes place partially in Washington D.C.  It comees out in Dec.

Book #3 is tentatively titled THE RELUCTANT DUKE, and in it I get to explore the fascinating city of Budapest with two very sexy, very fun characters.

I'm also doing a series of novellas featuring U.S. Special Forces with the fabulous Lindsay McKenna.  The books each feature two novellas - one by Lindsay, one by me.  The first, COURSE OF ACTION, comes out in Dec.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Merline wrote:

Hi, Frica -

Thanks for the warm welcome!  Also for the kind words about the Samantha Spade series.  As you could probably tell, I had great fun with Sam and her quirky team.  I'm not planning any more books in the series at the moment but ya never know...

You asked where we live in OK.  We're right in the center of tornado alley, in OKC/Moore.  Just got a storm shetler put in last week so we can breathe easy now.

As for books set in Oklahoma you might enjoy the historical series I did for Mira - A Savage Beauty, Untamed, and Eye of the Beholder. I've also done a number of comtemporaries, including the recent Desire releases The Paternity Promise and The Paternity Proposition.

After this year's storms, I'll always think of Oklahoma when I hear tornado warnings. I hope you didn't have family in the areas that were hit!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Merline - It's impressive that you can switch genres in your writing. Do you have a preference? Are there other genres you'd like to try?

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Merline - I love to hear author call stories. Would you mind telling us what it was like when you got the news you'd sold your first book?

***I will be en route to Portland, Oregon tomorrow. I'll check in - assuming I can get on the internet - when I get there. 

Thanks so much for joining us this week, Merline - I appreciate your persistence!