Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
PennyWarnerInk
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Featured Author PENNY WARNER!

Hi J,
I love all of them! It's like having 3 children - you love them for different reasons. And of course, Nancy Drew was my inspiration, much like it was for a lot of us.
Author
PennyWarnerInk
0 Kudos

Wow, you found them! You're amazing!
Author
PennyWarnerInk
0 Kudos

Hi Fricka,
Those Library Mysteries were so fun to write. Every cliche in the book, so to speak. We wrote them so libraries could use them as fundraisers. I think we've sold over 300 to libraries across the country!
becke_davis
0 Kudos

PennyWarnerInk wrote:
Hi J,
I love all of them! It's like having 3 children - you love them for different reasons. And of course, Nancy Drew was my inspiration, much like it was for a lot of us.

Nancy Drew got me hooked on mysteries when I was 8 or 9, and Agatha Christie eook it from there!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Penny - Besides Nancy Drew, what books first turned you on to the mystery genre?

becke_davis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Author
PennyWarnerInk
0 Kudos

I probably read the same books as a lot of you. Certainly Agatha Christie, but I loved James Bond, and adventure stories like Robinson Crusoe, true stories like Anne Frank, and renegade books like Catcher in the Rye. I think all the books I've read have influenced me.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

PennyWarnerInk wrote:
I probably read the same books as a lot of you. Certainly Agatha Christie, but I loved James Bond, and adventure stories like Robinson Crusoe, true stories like Anne Frank, and renegade books like Catcher in the Rye. I think all the books I've read have influenced me.

Oooh, interesting selection, Penny! Do you find time to read now or does writing take up all your free time? ("Free time" - I can hear you laughing now!)

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Penny - What inspired you to start making your pendants? Do you make other things with a mystery theme?

Author
PennyWarnerInk
0 Kudos

I love reading cozy mysteries! Writing takes up a lot of time, but never too much for a good book!
Author
PennyWarnerInk
0 Kudos

The pendants are just for fun. I don't make any money but I enjoy it. I have zombie pendants, Danger Sign pendants, holiday pendants, book cover pendants, you name it!
becke_davis
0 Kudos

PennyWarnerInk wrote:
The pendants are just for fun. I don't make any money but I enjoy it. I have zombie pendants, Danger Sign pendants, holiday pendants, book cover pendants, you name it!

Could you give us the link for these? (If it's different from the one I already posted.)

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Penny - Thank you so much for visiting with us this week. It's been fun to learn about you and your books! This is "your" thread now - you're welcome to post updates here. We'd especially like to hear about any Barnes & Noble book signings!

Author
PennyWarnerInk
0 Kudos

Becke, this has been so much fun!
Hope to meet all of you one day.
Thanks for the great time!
-Penny
becke_davis
0 Kudos

PennyWarnerInk wrote:
Becke, this has been so much fun!
Hope to meet all of you one day.
Thanks for the great time!
-Penny

Penny - I'll check with you if I make it to any mystery conferences this year. It's a little harder to get away now unless it's a school holiday.

Thanks so much for making this a fun week!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I just saw this on Penny's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pennywarnerink

Just back from Malice Domestic mystery conference in DC - believe it or not, THE CODE BUSTERS CLUB #2: THE HAUNTED LIGHTHOUSE won the Agatha Award for Best Children's Mystery! I'm in shock. I expected Harlan Coben or Elizabeth George to win!

This is me stunned....

becke_davis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
CONFIDENTIAL !  
TOP SECRET !
For Your EYES Only
 ! 

The Code Busters Club #3:

“Mystery of the

Pirate’s Treasure”

By Penny Warner 

Invite 
Penny Warner 
to your school or library for a fun & educational  Code-Busting event! 

California’s only pirate, Hippolyte de Bouchard, stole treasure from the California Missions. Will the Code Busters crack the code and find the hidden silver before modern-day pirates catch them?

Now in Paperback!

Code Busters Club #2: 

THE HAUNTED LIGHTHOUSE 

Agatha Award Winner - Best Children's Mystery! 

Code Busters Club #1: 
SECRET OF THE SKELETON KEY
Agatha Award Nominee - Best Children's Mystery! 

Join THE CODE BUSTERS CLUB and get a 

“secret packet” filled with code-busting decoder cards, coded messages, membership card, and other Code Buster supplies!

becke_davis
0 Kudos