Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome HEATHER WEBBER to our Month of Cozy(ish) Crime!

I will have tea and a muffin. I will be back for hot chocolate.

Heather,

I have just finished the third in the Nina series, Digging Up Trouble. So I only have 2 left to go. Nina is a great character. Her neighbor, her stepson, mother, etc. all add to a great mix of surprises in the books. The mud fight in Trouble in Spades had me laughing out loud.

I am looking forward to Deeply Desperately. I want to see what Dovie is up to, just because she is such an interesting person for a grandma.

Luanne

Author
Heather-Webber
0 Kudos

Thanks, pen! I call Nina's family and friends her "merry band of troublemakers." It fits! And Dovie is just so lovable, isn't she? In Deeply, Desperately she finds herself in a bit of trouble with the law... LOL.

Writing as Heather Webber:
ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY ~ February 2011
Writing as Heather Blake:
IT TAKES A WITCH ~ January 2012
My blog: www.booksbyheather.net
www.cozychicksblog.com
www.killercharacters.com
www.thenakedhero.com
Author
Heather-Webber
0 Kudos

My Cozy Chick Friends

Have you all met the Cozy Chicks? You know me, but there is also Leann Sweeney, Lorna Barrett/Lorraine Bartlett/LL Bartlett, Jennifer (JB) Stanley/Ellery Adams, Kate Collins, Deb Baker/Hannah Reed and Maggie Sefton. We have a group blog at www.cozychicksblog.com and we all write, well, cozies! I'm hoping they all join me here this week to tell you about their books because if you like my books, you'll love theirs as well. Feel free to ask them questions too. We love questions!

www.lornabarrett.com www.lorrainebartlett.com www.llbartlett.com

www.leannsweeney.com 

www.katecollinsbooks.com

www.jenniferstanley.com www.elleryadams.com

www.maggiesefton.com

www.debbaker.com http://queenbeemystery.com/

www.cozychicksblog.com
www.killercharacters.com
www.thenakedhero.com
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Heather, Hi and WELCOME. Unfortunately my MAC won't let me post pictures and fancy shamancy stuff, but my welcome is no less real.

I first met and read you on the romance board sneak peek with Truly Madly and I enjoyed it and the discussion so much that I just had to check out your other reads as well and have enjoyed a few other novels. I love your writing style, but I especially love your wit and humor.

Thanks for being with us this week.

Luanne thanks for the breakfast buffet I feel like I'm on vacation. ;-)

Contributor
DAinNY1
0 Kudos

Thanks for the buffet, I'll take a mug of hot chocolate with no whipped cream.  Yum.

Hi Heather,

You know I love your books and I can't wait to read the next one in the Lucy Valentine series. 

What are you working on now?  Any more Lucy books in the future beyond the third one which I k now will be amazing?

--Dru Ann

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Heather-Webber wrote:

Thanks, pen! I call Nina's family and friends her "merry band of troublemakers." It fits! And Dovie is just so lovable, isn't she? In Deeply, Desperately she finds herself in a bit of trouble with the law... LOL.

Good Morning Heather,I did have some Hot Chocolate.Delicious and a Muffin..pen bakes well..I will have to wonder now about Dovie and her"Problem" with the law .She seems so sweet,but has so many secrets..cozychicks,I love reading all the posts.Are you going to be blogging with all of our favorite characters on June 30th?I have both KC and cozychicks as an app on My yahoo..So busy on the Blogs!! Best Susan

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Author
Leann_SweeneyLS
0 Kudos

Re: My Cozy Chick Friends

Hi Heather!

You are so busy chatting it up this morning. Since I am finishing up writing  new book, I cannot read Truly, Madly yet, but I recommended it to several friends and they LOVE IT! So it's my incentive to work harder and finish writing so I can settle down and read.

The Cat, the Professor and the Poison (Cats in Trouble Mystery Series)  

Leann, a fellow cozy chick!

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

Welcome Heather!

Just finished "tryly, madly! All I can say is that I truly enjoyed your book! The characters were lots of fun to spend time with. I loved Lucy and Sean and can't wait to read more about them in "Deeply, Desperately".

I am definitely going to get started on the Nina books. They look awesome too!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Heather-Webber wrote:

Have you all met the Cozy Chicks? You know me, but there is also Leann Sweeney, Lorna Barrett/Lorraine Bartlett/LL Bartlett, Jennifer (JB) Stanley/Ellery Adams, Kate Collins, Deb Baker/Hannah Reed and Maggie Sefton. We have a group blog at www.cozychicksblog.com and we all write, well, cozies! I'm hoping they all join me here this week to tell you about their books because if you like my books, you'll love theirs as well. Feel free to ask them questions too. We love questions!

www.lornabarrett.com www.lorrainebartlett.com www.llbartlett.com

www.leannsweeney.com 

www.katecollinsbooks.com

www.jenniferstanley.com www.elleryadams.com

www.maggiesefton.com

www.debbaker.com http://queenbeemystery.com/

Nearly all of the Cozy Chicks have stopped by and introduced themselves this week. Tell them to come on back and hang out with us! We'll even provide donuts!

BigAppleDonut1small.jpg image by forevermzcm

becke_davis
0 Kudos

DAinNYC wrote:

Thanks for the buffet, I'll take a mug of hot chocolate with no whipped cream.  Yum.

Hi Heather,

You know I love your books and I can't wait to read the next one in the Lucy Valentine series. 

What are you working on now?  Any more Lucy books in the future beyond the third one which I k now will be amazing?

--Dru Ann

Here you go, Dru Ann - thanks for joining us!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

pen21 wrote:

Welcome Heather.

Here is the picture from her blog.

Luanne

I thought this was funny from the moment I saw it, but now I know it's a tattoo parlor, I think it's HYSTERICAL!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Leann_SweeneyLS wrote:

Hi Heather!

You are so busy chatting it up this morning. Since I am finishing up writing  new book, I cannot read Truly, Madly yet, but I recommended it to several friends and they LOVE IT! So it's my incentive to work harder and finish writing so I can settle down and read.

The Cat, the Professor and the Poison (Cats in Trouble Mystery Series)  

Leann, a fellow cozy chick!

Leann, your book cover is great and I LOVE your title! Definitely will have to read this one!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

eadieburke wrote:

Welcome Heather!

Just finished "tryly, madly! All I can say is that I truly enjoyed your book! The characters were lots of fun to spend time with. I loved Lucy and Sean and can't wait to read more about them in "Deeply, Desperately".

I am definitely going to get started on the Nina books. They look awesome too!

I also loved "Truly, Madly" and I'm eager to read the next one. I'm very sad that Nina won't be back, though! At least we had her company for five books.

Author
Leann_SweeneyLS
0 Kudos

Author
Leann_SweeneyLS
0 Kudos

I love it. And I think they should have added "No Crying." That would be my problem! :smileywink:

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Yay! I'm so glad to see Debbie, Pen, Suze and Eadie here already! Heather, you've got a real party going! Here's some party hats for everyone.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Heather, I'm really sad that your garden series is finished. With your new Lucy series, do you have a set number of books in mind or will you keep it going indefinitely?

Author
Heather-Webber
0 Kudos

Hi Debbie, thanks so much for coming by (no worries--I'm not sure how to do the fancy schmancy thing either), and for picking up the Nina Quinn books after reading Truly, Madly.  Music to my ears!

Dru Ann! So good to see you here. But no whipped cream???? We're going to have to talk about that.

Suze, the Lucy books are just riddled with secrets, aren't they? So fun to write about--and to reveal! Thanks for mentioning Killer Characters. I'll have to put up a post about them too. I'll be there, at www.killercharacters.com, on the 30th of every month--or I should say, one of my characters will. Lucy is taking the spot this month, but you never know who might show up. Dovie, Nina Quinn, Mr. Cabrera...

Hi Leann! I'm so glad you made it over here. If any of you haven't read Leann's mysteries, you're in for a treat. She has two series--Abby Rose stars in the Yellow Rose mysteries and Jillian Hart is star of the Cats in Trouble series. Both are *wonderful.* You'll soon see why Leann is so successful. And LOL, Leann, on the no crying at the tattoo parlor--that would be me, too.

Hi Eadie, thanks for coming by! So glad you enjoyed Truly, Madly. I have to say, in Deeply, Desperately I laughed, I cried, I sighed--and I hope you will too. And I really hope you like the Nina books as well. :smileyhappy:

Becke, there are donuts? Out of my way!

Dru and Becke, as for the Lucy series--unfortunately I don't get to decide if there are more. It's a numbers game, and it's all about sales, sales, sales. We'll see!

www.cozychicksblog.com
www.killercharacters.com
www.thenakedhero.com
Author
katecollinsmysteries
0 Kudos

Hi, Heather! Have you thawed out from our chilly day at Printers Row?

I finished TRULY, MADLY last week and am truly, madly looking forward to DEEPLY, DESPERATELY.

Kate Collins, one of the Cozy Chicks

Sleeping with Anemone (Flower Shop Mystery Series #9)

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy

Heather-Webber wrote:

Hi Debbie, thanks so much for coming by (no worries--I'm not sure how to do the fancy schmancy thing either), and for picking up the Nina Quinn books after reading Truly, Madly.  Music to my ears!

Dru Ann! So good to see you here. But no whipped cream???? We're going to have to talk about that.

Suze, the Lucy books are just riddled with secrets, aren't they? So fun to write about--and to reveal! Thanks for mentioning Killer Characters. I'll have to put up a post about them too. I'll be there, at www.killercharacters.com, on the 30th of every month--or I should say, one of my characters will. Lucy is taking the spot this month, but you never know who might show up. Dovie, Nina Quinn, Mr. Cabrera...

Hi Leann! I'm so glad you made it over here. If any of you haven't read Leann's mysteries, you're in for a treat. She has two series--Abby Rose stars in the Yellow Rose mysteries and Jillian Hart is star of the Cats in Trouble series. Both are *wonderful.* You'll soon see why Leann is so successful. And LOL, Leann, on the no crying at the tattoo parlor--that would be me, too.

Hi Eadie, thanks for coming by! So glad you enjoyed Truly, Madly. I have to say, in Deeply, Desperately I laughed, I cried, I sighed--and I hope you will too. And I really hope you like the Nina books as well. :smileyhappy:

Becke, there are donuts? Out of my way!

Dru and Becke, as for the Lucy series--unfortunately I don't get to decide if there are more. It's a numbers game, and it's all about sales, sales, sales. We'll see!

Hi..I saw the party hats..Must decide which will match my Jeans and tee shirt..today.Its so good to see so many familiar BNers here and Leann Your books look like a really fun series.,I wonder if Lucy's Mom and Dad Valentine will play a larger role in Deeply,Desperately?I know they travel a lot...And of course,Suz.In my Heart I just know that she has Valentine Blood..I don't expect any hint's just a Laughing Heather will do....Best..Susan/Suze Vtc...Heather ,#1 Nina Quinn.Is quite the collecter Book..I am still trying to buy it..I could dnld it but I am on a few lists...  ;  )

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer