Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: It's a Double/Triple Feature: ROBERT GREGORY BROWNE & BRETT BATTLES!

RobertGregoryBrowne wrote:

Is it too soon for a blurb?

A little early. All I can say is that the Trial Junkies gang is back, sticking their noses in a new murder case and they get some surprises along the way.

If you think of it, come back and share the blurb with us later on! Thanks!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Rob and Brett - are either of you planning any Barnes & Noble book signings this year?

Author
Brett_Battles
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Rob and Brett - are either of you planning any Barnes & Noble book signings this year?

At this time, I don't have any signings scheduled.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Brett_Battles wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

At this time, I don't have any signings scheduled.

If either of you add any B&N signings to your schedules, let me know and I'll publicize them here!

Author
Brett_Battles
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

If either of you add any B&N signings to your schedules, let me know and I'll publicize them here!

Will do!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Would each of you share a little known fact about yourselves? (And since you've known each other a long time, feel free to spill the beans on each other!)

Author
Brett_Battles
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Would each of you share a little known fact about yourselves? (And since you've known each other a long time, feel free to spill the beans on each other!)

Hmmm...I talk to myself while I'm writing. I mean, A LOT. Thankfully, I work alone at home, though I wonder, at times, if someone who might look in my window as they pass may wonder what the heck I'm doing. 

Little known fact about Rob: he's an android, and not a very well built one. :smileywink:

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Brett_Battles wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

Hmmm...I talk to myself while I'm writing. I mean, A LOT. Thankfully, I work alone at home, though I wonder, at times, if someone who might look in my window as they pass may wonder what the heck I'm doing. 

Little known fact about Rob: he's an android, and not a very well built one. :smileywink:

Smiley ROFL Emoticon Animation Animated gif photo ROFLSmiley.gif

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Spotted on Rob's Facebook page today:

I have big plans for the next several days:

1. Finish NEGLIGENCE.
2. Learn a new skill involving power tools.
3. Train my cat to make coffee.
4. Win the Lotto.

That should be enough to keep me busy.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Rob and Brett - I don't think I posted links to your blogs. Also, forgot to ask if either of you have upcoming blog tours. 

becke_davis
0 Kudos

becke_davis
0 Kudos

It's Good Friday today, Easter on Sunday and Monday is - ta da! - April Fool's Day! For some reason in France, April 1st is associated with fish. Guess I need to Google it!

Do either of you pull April Fool's pranks on your friends?

Author
RobertGregoryBrowne
0 Kudos

Sorry for the dely in my replies, Becke. It seems I have two B&N accounts, for some reason and the forum sometimes lets me in and sometimes doesn't. An exercise in frustration.

You asked if I ever pull April Fools jokes. I'm afraid I can't remember the last time I did. I'm so busy working most of the time that these kinds of "holidays" tend to slip right by me. I'll probably realize it's April about halfway through the month.

What about you? Do you pull any pranks?

Robert Browne
Author of THE PARADISE PROPHECY (Dutton, July 2011)
Starred Review, Publishers Weekly
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Sorry for the dely in my replies, Becke. It seems I have two B&N accounts, for some reason and the forum sometimes lets me in and sometimes doesn't. An exercise in frustration.

You asked if I ever pull April Fools jokes. I'm afraid I can't remember the last time I did. I'm so busy working most of the time that these kinds of "holidays" tend to slip right by me. I'll probably realize it's April about halfway through the month.

What about you? Do you pull any pranks?

I'm so sorry about the hassle! The good news is, B&N is going to be updating the format of BN.com before long, and I hear one of the updates will involve the sign in process. I don't have all the details, or the date it will happen, but it's going to be a lot easier to sign in once the changes take place!

As to pranks, not me! I do think it's fun to read about pranks that are clever rather than mean - such as the running pranks between Paul Newman and Robert Redford back in the day. Then there are the infamous pranks played by George Clooney and Brad Pitt. (You can see why I wondered if you two were pranksters, right??)

Author
RobertGregoryBrowne
0 Kudos

I don't think I'm clever or cruel enough to come up with any pranks... :smileywink:
Robert Browne
Author of THE PARADISE PROPHECY (Dutton, July 2011)
Starred Review, Publishers Weekly
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I don't think I'm clever or cruel enough to come up with any pranks... :smileywink:

Not cruel, but clever enough? That's another story!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Thank you both so much for visiting with us this week. Come back and update us whenever you have new releases, new book cover images, Barnes & Noble book signings, etc. Have a great weekend!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Happy Easter and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BRETT!