Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Please welcome author LIBBY FISCHER HELLMANN

Back again. I think this is a site problem, because I can't get the image to upload at all now. I'll keep working on it.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Can you all see the cover now? Thanks for the smaller image, Libby!

Author
LibbyfhLH
0 Kudos

Yay! It's there!  Thanks, Becke.

So, everyone, what do you think? You are the first to see it, btw. It will be out December 1.

Again, Becke... thanks so much for a fascinating and fun-filled week! Hope to run into you all again soon.

Libby

becke_davis
0 Kudos

LibbyfhLH wrote:

So, everyone, what do you think? You are the first to see it, btw. It will be out December 1.

Again, Becke... thanks so much for a fascinating and fun-filled week! Hope to run into you all again soon.

Libby

I love it, Libby! I can hardly wait to see it in close-up. The photograph at the bottom of the cover looks like it was taken in Grant Park during the Democratic Convention - or around that time period, anyway. I'm excited to read this!

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

LibbyfhLH wrote:

Libby

I love it, Libby! I can hardly wait to see it in close-up. The photograph at the bottom of the cover looks like it was taken in Grant Park during the Democratic Convention - or around that time period, anyway. I'm excited to read this!

Yay! I can finally see it!

Looks like a pop art concert poster ala early 90tys to me. Cool.

becke_davis

It's been fun visiting with you, Libby! Come back as often as you like!

Orkut Myspace Thank You Scraps, graphics and comments

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

Nice and colorful! Very eye-catching!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Author
LibbyfhLH
0 Kudos

The Outfit, my blog, featured in the NY Times!

Hi, everyone. Becke said to post if anything new came up after my visit with you, and, wouldn't you know, it did!

The Outfit, the blog I started 4 years ago and now include 11 Chicago crime fiction authors, was featured in Friday's New York Times.

Here's the link:

Enjoy. We did!

PS Jamie Freveletti, who visited with you a couple of months ago is also one of our members.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: The Outfit, my blog, featured in the NY Times!

LibbyfhLH wrote:

Hi, everyone. Becke said to post if anything new came up after my visit with you, and, wouldn't you know, it did!

The Outfit, the blog I started 4 years ago and now include 11 Chicago crime fiction authors, was featured in Friday's New York Times.

Here's the link:

Enjoy. We did!

PS Jamie Freveletti, who visited with you a couple of months ago is also one of our members.

Libby - this is so cool! Thanks so much for sharing this with us!

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Re: The Outfit, my blog, featured in the NY Times!

becke_davis wrote:

LibbyfhLH wrote:

Here's the link:

Enjoy. We did!

Libby - this is so cool! Thanks so much for sharing this with us!

Very Cool! (nodding)

Author
LibbyfhLH
0 Kudos

Hi, all. I've just released (well a month ago) an ebook only prequel to my Georgia Davis series. It's called TOXICITY, and it's a police procedural thriller set when Georgia was still a cop. Here's more about it:

Here’s a very highly rated bargain  book  by Libby Fischer Hellmann has an outstanding 4.8 star rating and is only 99 cents! If you haven’t read any of Libby Hellmann’s books yet, make sure to check this one out – her books are always popular among ENT readers.

“I wasn’t sure what to expect, but was blown away once I began reading. The author’s style is fast paced and exciting. I literally couldn’t put the book down.” F.M. –  Reviewer

Libby Fischer Hellmann
Rating: 4.8 Stars
Genre: Thriller
Price: $0.99

Libby Fischer Hellmann’s thriller TOXICITY is as gritty as it is spellbinding. Populated with fully-realized characters, TOXICITY introduces us to Hellmann’s signature heroine, Georgia Davis. But we meet Georgia ten years earlier, when she is a young and determined rookie on a Chicago police force. In Georgia’s debut, we see her tenacity and strength, but also her vulnerability: the seeds sown for the woman she will become. TOXICITY works on all levels, drawing the reader inexorably into a web of deceit, heart-crushing loss, and righteous fury. This wicked brew explodes in a stunning and satisfying conclusion that answers every question. Hellmann pulls no punches.
—J. Carson Black, best-selling author of THE SHOP and DARKNESS ON THE EDGE OF TOWN

Ten years before EASY INNOCENCE, PI Georgia Davis was a police officer on the force in a Chicago suburb. And while homicides are rare on the North Shore, three bodies turn up in quick succession—all of them dumped in waste disposal dumpsters or landfills. The investigations into the murders test the mettle and professionalism of a combined police task force. Along the way, they also test the strength of Georgia’s relationship with one of the detectives working the case. While Georgia, her detective boyfriend Matt, and his sometime partner John Stone pit their skills against those of an inventive killer, the daughter of a real estate mogul– who just happens to have her eye on Matt — complicates matters. A dark police procedural and thriller, TOXICITY is a prequel to the Georgia Davis PI series (EASY INNOCENCE and DOUBLEBACK).

And here's the Nook link

Hope you'll check it out!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update, Libby!