Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

Re: Ransom Notes - Jedidiah's "Best of..." Lists

becke, I checked out all three of Jedidiah's sites. This just confirms what I usually feel after reading one of Jed's posts--namely, that we must live in parallel universes. Between 90--99% of the authors/or books he mentions are unfamiliar to me, and I consider myself fairly well-read. 

I think I did recognize those very last three names, and one or two others in the regular post(i.e, Gillian Flynn, James M. Cain).

Perhaps it's the effect of the viral infection and cough medicines I'm taking, but I must make a rather snarky observation that there doesn't seem to be room in Jedidiah's world for cozy mysteries. Not  one current female cozy author is listed in those posts. Bah, humbug!

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Ransom Notes - Jedidiah's "Best of..." Lists

Fricka wrote:

becke, I checked out all three of Jedidiah's sites. This just confirms what I usually feel after reading one of Jed's posts--namely, that we must live in parallel universes. Between 90--99% of the authors/or books he mentions are unfamiliar to me, and I consider myself fairly well-read. 

I think I did recognize those very last three names, and one or two others in the regular post(i.e, Gillian Flynn, James M. Cain).

Perhaps it's the effect of the viral infection and cough medicines I'm taking, but I must make a rather snarky observation that there doesn't seem to be room in Jedidiah's world for cozy mysteries. Not  one current female cozy author is listed in those posts. Bah, humbug!

I think Jedidiah prefers darker mysteries, but I was very interested in his lists. I had only read a few of those books, so now I plan to check out his top recommendations. I'm not a huge fan of noir, but I always like good mysteries - whether they are dark or cozy.