Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Nat-the-Cat
0 Kudos

Re: Rhys joins Royal Spyness discussion

I finished her royal spyness not too long ago and enjoyed it so much I picked up the Molly Murphy series. I just finished Murphy's Law about 5 minutes ago and it was fantastic!  I can't wait to get my hands on the rest of both series.

Both Georgie and Molly are so spunky and fun to read about. 

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Nat-the-Cat wrote:

I finished her royal spyness not too long ago and enjoyed it so much I picked up the Molly Murphy series. I just finished Murphy's Law about 5 minutes ago and it was fantastic!  I can't wait to get my hands on the rest of both series.

Both Georgie and Molly are so spunky and fun to read about. 

I've got my parents reading these, too. I discovered the Evan books years ago, when they were new, and my mom and I have both been hooked on them. I love Wales so much, that's still probably my favorite series, but I think the others probably are bigger sellers.

Frequent Contributor
Nat-the-Cat
0 Kudos

So far I've only read 1  book in the Royal series and the Molly Murphy series but I have to admit I think I'm going to be addicted to the Molly Murphy series. It is exactly what I love in a book. A spunky heroine who gets herself into scrapes and a little romance thrown in.  

I haven't looked at the Evan series yet. I'll have to check them out. I

Author
Hank_Phillippi_Ryan
0 Kudos

Oh, Honeysuckle Weeks would be perfect! What a great idea, Becke.

And Rhys, do you do a lot of historical research?  Do you rely on it--or does it get in the way? Are you worried about anachronisms--or are you so much in that world it doesn't happen?

(Rhys, shall we mention Jungle Red? )

xo

Hank

http://www.HankPhillippiRyan.com

Hank
http://www.HankPhillippiRyan.com
watch for THE OTHER WOMAN coming in 2012
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Hank -- this is one of two threads I started when Rhys joined us. I did post links to Jungle Red on the other thread, but let's do it again, since you post there, too:

http://www.jungleredwriters.com/ 

Contributor
RhysBowen_writer
0 Kudos

I often picture Honeysuckle Weeks when I'm writing Georgie, but alas, she is too old now. Georgie is only 22 and in the last Foyles War Honeysuckle was looking her age. (Wouldn't you have hated your parents if they'd called you Honeysuckle? I may have to put that name in a future Georgie book!)

And yes, Hank, I'll give a full plug to our fabulous group blog. We are Jungle Red Writers,( www.jungleredwriters.com) and six of us discuss life, the universe and our writing with wit and wisdom (oh, and we're also modest).

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Honeysuckle has a younger sister, Perdita, who was born in 1985 -- if the online stats are correct. Maybe her? She was in The Tudors, but I had trouble finding a good picture.