Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Sad News another loss

Judi McCoy author of the Dog Walker series has passed away

Fashion Faux Paw (Dog Walker Mystery Series #6) 

Till Death Do Us Bark (Dog Walker Mystery Series #5) 

Begging for Trouble (Dog Walker Mystery Series #4) 

Hounding the Pavement (Dog Walker Mystery Series #1) 

Heir of the Dog (Dog Walker Mystery Series #2)       

Judi McCoy Loses Battle with Diabetes

Barbara Vey -- February 20th, 2012

Judi McCoy

Judi McCoy

Author Judi McCoy passed away on February 19th due to complications from diabetes.

Judi was known for her series of cozy mysteries featuring a dog-walker and her doggy side kick.  A true dog lover herself, Judi’s website boasts of three dogs who give her inspiration for her books.  Over the years she has also written paranormal and contemporary romance.  I remember reading Making Over Mr. Right and delighting in the antics of the exiled muses from Mt. Olympus.

Friend, Renee Bernard sums up her feelings on her blog by saying:  “I’m running out of tissue.  I’m weeping like a fool…except when I’m not.  Except when I’m remembering the bathtub incident at RT in New York that year when she and I roomed together.  Except when I remember that voice, like nails and glass in a metal coffee can sometimes…that accent that could cut through wire…but oh, god, she was so sincere and so funny.  She was so generous to everyone.  She could drive you crazy one minute and then make you thank every angel in heaven that you had her close at hand.  She’d argue that she was “nobody” in the industry and that no one knew/cared who she was until you wanted to throttle her.  Then she’d just laugh at you and bask in all the compliments and praise… and she deserved every word of it.”   (You can read the entire blog here.)

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Sad News another loss

dhaupt wrote:

Judi McCoy author of the Dog Walker series has passed away

Fashion Faux Paw (Dog Walker Mystery Series #6) 

Till Death Do Us Bark (Dog Walker Mystery Series #5) 

Begging for Trouble (Dog Walker Mystery Series #4) 

Hounding the Pavement (Dog Walker Mystery Series #1) 

Heir of the Dog (Dog Walker Mystery Series #2)       

Judi McCoy Loses Battle with Diabetes

Barbara Vey -- February 20th, 2012

Judi McCoy

Judi McCoy

Author Judi McCoy passed away on February 19th due to complications from diabetes.

Judi was known for her series of cozy mysteries featuring a dog-walker and her doggy side kick.  A true dog lover herself, Judi’s website boasts of three dogs who give her inspiration for her books.  Over the years she has also written paranormal and contemporary romance.  I remember reading Making Over Mr. Right and delighting in the antics of the exiled muses from Mt. Olympus.

Friend, Renee Bernard sums up her feelings on her blog by saying:  “I’m running out of tissue.  I’m weeping like a fool…except when I’m not.  Except when I’m remembering the bathtub incident at RT in New York that year when she and I roomed together.  Except when I remember that voice, like nails and glass in a metal coffee can sometimes…that accent that could cut through wire…but oh, god, she was so sincere and so funny.  She was so generous to everyone.  She could drive you crazy one minute and then make you thank every angel in heaven that you had her close at hand.  She’d argue that she was “nobody” in the industry and that no one knew/cared who she was until you wanted to throttle her.  Then she’d just laugh at you and bask in all the compliments and praise… and she deserved every word of it.”   (You can read the entire blog here.)

Nooooooo! I've met Judi before, she was the nicest person! This is terrible!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

http://www.meaningfulfunerals.net/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=1400427&fh_id=10206

Judi McCoy 
(Died February 18, 2012)

Judith Ann Karol McCoy, national bestselling author of 'The Dog Walker Mystery' series and other novels, died February 18, in Cape Charles, VA. Born and raised in Joliet, IL, Judi was the published author of 22 mystery and romance novels. Her first, "I Dream of You" won Waldenbooks 2002 award for best-selling new author.

Her most recent series, the popular Dog Walker Mysteries, debuted in 2009 with "Hounding the Pavement", all royalties from which Judi donated to the Best Friends Animal Society. Her 2010 novel "Death in Show" Dogwalker mystery won Romantic Times Most Humorous Mystery award. Her latest novel, "Fashion Faux-Paw," will be published in March 2012.

In addition to writing novels, Judi was a cornerstone of Crescent Moon Press, led many writing workshops for aspiring writers at national conferences and mentored numerous new authors. Judi judged women's gymnastics for over 25 years in New Jersey, Texas, and Virginia, including five as the New Jersey State Judging Director. She spent many hours mentoring judges, gymnasts and coaches.

Judi is survived by her husband of 44 years, Dennis McCoy; her beloved dogs Buckley, Belle, Sasha, and Polly; daughter Sara Hisel-McCoy of Takoma Park, MD and her husband, Elza, and their children Spencer and Parker; daughter Carey Santiago of Concord, NC and her husband, Nelson; sister Nancy Karol Doherty of Hillsborough, NJ; niece Claire Doherty Morgan and her husband, Jason of Vancouver, WA; and nephew John Doherty of Succasunna, NJ.

A memorial service will be held Wednesday, February 22, 2012 at 11:00 AM at the Wilkins-Doughty Funeral Home in Cape Charles. The family asks that in lieu of flowers, donations be made in Judi's name to Tidewater Bichon Frise Rescue, P.O. Box 8084, Suffolk, VA 23438.

Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.doughtyfuneralhome.com

judi mccoy.jpg
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Becke, thanks for that link to the funeral home for email condolences.

I actually knew that Judi was ill, as you know I feature an author on Tuesday to celebrate a new release and I had wanted Judi for when her upcoming novel Fashion Faux Paw (Dog Walker Mystery Series #6)  came out, I hadn't heard from her and I happen to know her publicist at Penguin so I emailed her and learned of her illness. I'm so sorry to hear of her passing.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Becke, thanks for that link to the funeral home for email condolences.

I actually knew that Judi was ill, as you know I feature an author on Tuesday to celebrate a new release and I had wanted Judi for when her upcoming novel Fashion Faux Paw (Dog Walker Mystery Series #6)  came out, I hadn't heard from her and I happen to know her publicist at Penguin so I emailed her and learned of her illness. I'm so sorry to hear of her passing.

I heard she's been in a diabetic coma for months. How awful.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

deb and becke,

Thanks for posting the news of Judi McCoy's death here.  Deb, that must have been a shock when you found out why she hadn't responded to your queries about an interview for her latest book. I am glad you got to meet her, becke. I wish I had been able to meet her and get a signed copy of one of her books.

Well, as Emily Dickinson once wrote,
Because I could not stop for death, he kindly stopped for me."

I'm sure Judi is frisking with her doggies who preceded her in death now, over the Rainbow Bridge.

I loved the fact that in her obituary, right after her husband's name, her four doggies' names were listed, even before her human children! That's the sign of a real dog lover! ( We know our dogs are pretty much our wooly children!)

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Fricka wrote:

deb and becke,

Thanks for posting the news of Judi McCoy's death here.  Deb, that must have been a shock when you found out why she hadn't responded to your queries about an interview for her latest book. I am glad you got to meet her, becke. I wish I had been able to meet her and get a signed copy of one of her books.

I'm sure Judi is frisking with her doggies who preceded her in death now, over the Rainbow Bridge.

I loved the fact that in her obituary, right after her husband's name, her four doggies' names were listed, even before her human children! That's the sign of a real dog lover! ( We know our dogs are pretty much our wooly children!)

I liked that, too!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Fricka wrote:

deb and becke,

I liked that, too!

Me three ,thanks Fricka

dhaupt
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Fricka wrote:

deb and becke,

I liked that, too!

Me three ,thanks Fricka