Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
hannah4colbert
0 Kudos

Re: Suggestions please

Oh my word yes and the book literally blew my mind! I died a few times reading it. It was fantastic! I can't wait for Elisabeths next book. It is coming out in January of 2010. I don't want to wait but it looks as though I must. I don't remember the name of the book.

I've not read The Historian in a while but I remember adoring it. There are a few key scenes that I remember. apparently it's being made into a movie as well. There is no way it could ever do the book 1/2 the justice it deserves. :smileywink: eeek!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

There have been a lot of great series mentioned here a lot of which I enjoy, here's a few that weren't mentioned that I love:

Father Andrew Greeley's Nuala Anne McGrail series

Catherine Coulter's FBI series

Suzanne Brockmann's Troubleshooters series

Ridley Pearson's Lou Bolt and Daphney Matthews series

Michael Connelley's Harry Bosch series

Kay Hooper also has an FBI series

Sarah Graves Home Repair is Murder series

Emilie Richards Ministry is Murder series

So I hope some of these you'll try and treasure like I do! 

becke_davis
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

There have been a lot of great series mentioned here a lot of which I enjoy, here's a few that weren't mentioned that I love:

Father Andrew Greeley's Nuala Anne McGrail series

Catherine Coulter's FBI series

Suzanne Brockmann's Troubleshooters series

Ridley Pearson's Lou Bolt and Daphney Matthews series

Michael Connelley's Harry Bosch series

Kay Hooper also has an FBI series

Sarah Graves Home Repair is Murder series

Emilie Richards Ministry is Murder series

So I hope some of these you'll try and treasure like I do! 

I've read all the books in some of these series, and there are only two I haven't sampled. Looks like the TBR pile is going to grow some more.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

you're a pro Becke you can handle it!! :smileyvery-happy:
New User
amdgRM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Cynthia Harrod-Eagles has a superb set of characers ranging over a number of mysteries. Bill Slider is the Detective Inspector. You can't go wrong.

(Note from Becke/Moderator: I'm editing this to add links for anyone who wants to order these books. This is only the tip of the iceberg.) 

The Cause (the Morland Dynasty Series), Vol. 23   Dear Departed (Bill Slider Mysteries Series)   Dynasty 24   The Question, Vol. 25   The Measure of Days   Foreign Field   The Burning Roses   Game Over   Orchestrated Death   The Flood-Tide, Vol. 9   The Emperor, Vol. 11   Dear Departed   Game Over   The Founding, Vol. 1   The Restless Sea, Vol. 27   Harte's Desire   The Abyss, Vol. 18  

Message Edited by becke_davis on 07-07-2009 01:56 PM
Contributor
scully60
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Twisted Desires  I have just published my first book and think you might enjoy it.  It is for sale on bn.com. Twisted Desires.  I'll also put this on your email.
Message Edited by becke_davis on 07-10-2009 11:10 AM
B&N Bookseller
DariaJane

The Spellman Files (Spellman Files Series #1) is the first in a (currently) 3 book series about a dysfunctional family of private detectives.  It is hilarious and you really get to know the characters through their exploits.  A must read for any funny, light-hearted book lover!
Inspired Correspondent
tabcat
0 Kudos

DariaJane wrote:
The Spellman Files (Spellman Files Series #1) is the first in a (currently) 3 book series about a dysfunctional family of private detectives.  It is hilarious and you really get to know the characters through their exploits.  A must read for any funny, light-hearted book lover!

Loved the Spellman Files series! Good recommendation Daria Jane.

Tcat

New User
winks2
0 Kudos

My favorite series is The Sisterhood Series written by Fern Michaels.  These characters get into your brain and you will remember them and really care what happens to them.  This is a group of women who have been wronged in their lifetime and they seek revenge on their abusers.  They reek havoc on their enemies.  Very amusing too.  Fern Michaels is a terrific author as she writes with humor which helps in tense situation.  I read all her books.  Very much worth your time.  BTW, the Sisterhood Series are large paperback books.  Enjoy these women and what they do!
New User
cybersmom
0 Kudos

Kindred Spirits  After reading Kindred Spirits, I am a big fan of Sarah Strohmeyer.....I just could not put the book down and one I am recommending to all my girlfriends.