Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reply
Author
MaureenMiller
Posts: 35
Registered: ‎11-20-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Suspense & Thriller Authors - Introduce Yourselves!

Hi maxcat,

 

TBR's are like a giant bowl of spaghetti. You don't think you can possibly eat the whole thing...but yet somehow we get it done! :smileyvery-happy:

 

Maureen

ENDLESS NIGHT - Carina Press
www.maureenamiller.com
Author
NancyNaigle
Posts: 38
Registered: ‎07-04-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Suspense & Thriller Authors - Introduce Yourselves!

Sweet Tea and Secrets   Greetings everyone!

My name is Nancy Naigle and I write love stories from the crossroad of small town and suspense.

 

My debut novel just came out a couple months ago. It's the first in the Adams Grove series titled,

SWEET TEA AND SECRETS

 

Adams Grove is mourning the loss of Pearl Clemmons, known for her award-winning Chocolate Pecan Pie and the best unsolicited advice in the county.

When Jill returns to settle her grandmother’s estate, she’s greeted by a Clydesdale-sized guardian dog who doesn't seem to be earning his stripes (although he drools on them pretty well), and Garrett Malloy, the ex-fiancé she left behind a year ago.

But this sleepy little town is wide awake and locking its doors following a string of break-ins. Jill’s past with Garrett becomes the least of her worries when she learns that she is the only thing standing between a desperate conman and a secret from Pearl’s past.

Will Pearl’s past kill any chance of Jill and Garrett’s future together?

 

 

AVAILABLE IN PRINT AND EFORMATS.

Visit www.NancyNaigle.com for more information on other books I'm working on and events I'm planning to attend.

 

~~
www.NancyNaigle.com
Sweet Tea and Secrets :: Available now
Out of Focus coming November 2011
Author
NancyNaigle
Posts: 38
Registered: ‎07-04-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Suspense & Thriller Authors - Introduce Yourselves!

inkBLOT  Just 99cents in e

inkBLOT: the novel

by
Johnson Naigle

Have you ever wondered what would happen if everything you did or said on the internet fell into the wrong hands??

 

 

 

 

Visit the website at http://www.inkBLOTtheNovel.com

Follow us on facebook and twitter, too! @inkBLOTtheNovel

 

inkBLOT is the collaboration of Phyllis C. Johnson and Nancy Naigle. We polled students in the library where Phyllis works to get their input on the cover. This was a fun story to work on and we hope you all enjoy it. Although the characters are in their late teens early twenties.....it's a story everyone can connect with.

 

We'll be at the Killer Nashville conference in August and at the SIBA Trade Show in Charleston SC in September.

Happy reading!

Nancy and Phyllis

writing as Johnson Naigle

~~
www.NancyNaigle.com
Sweet Tea and Secrets :: Available now
Out of Focus coming November 2011
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,690
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Suspense & Thriller Authors - Introduce Yourselves!


NancyNaigle wrote:

inkBLOT  Just 99cents in e

inkBLOT: the novel

by
Johnson Naigle

Have you ever wondered what would happen if everything you did or said on the internet fell into the wrong hands??

 

 

 

 

Visit the website at http://www.inkBLOTtheNovel.com

Follow us on facebook and twitter, too! @inkBLOTtheNovel

 

inkBLOT is the collaboration of Phyllis C. Johnson and Nancy Naigle. We polled students in the library where Phyllis works to get their input on the cover. This was a fun story to work on and we hope you all enjoy it. Although the characters are in their late teens early twenties.....it's a story everyone can connect with.

 

We'll be at the Killer Nashville conference in August and at the SIBA Trade Show in Charleston SC in September.

Happy reading!

Nancy and Phyllis

writing as Johnson Naigle


inkBLOT  

 

Here's the link for NookBook - still 99 cents. Very cool, Nancy!

Author
DonnaWhiteGlaser
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎07-22-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Suspense & Thriller Authors - Introduce Yourselves!

 

Hi! My name is Donna White Glaser and I'm the author of THE ENEMY WE KNOW. Like my main character, I'm a psychotherapist and live northwestern Wisconsin. My husband and I own a residential construction company where it’s my job to deal with any overly emotional, what-do-you-mean-you-can’t-put-roof-trusses-up-in-a-thunderstorm? clients. Strangely enough, I often come up with ideas for creative murders and hiding bodies during business hours. I mention this for no reason at all.

 

Here is a description of my suspense, The Enemy We Know:

Psychotherapist Letty Whittaker, a professional secret keeper, has a secret of her own. When one of her clients slips free from an abusive boyfriend, Letty becomes the target of his violent rage. Wayneinvades Letty's life, slithering his way past the barriers erected between her personal and professional lives, leaving gifts of dead rats, mutilated dolls, and freaky Shakespearian sonnets. Worst of all, Wayneuncovers Letty's deepest shame, infiltrating her AA group and threatening to expose her to the state licensing board.

And then--good news--Wayne is murdered. The bad news? The police suspect Letty. Worse yet, the sonnets and bloody souvenirs keep coming. Someone else has been watching Letty. Someone eager to drop bodies at her feet like a cat offering dead mole trophies to his mistress.

Someone willing to kill again.

 

I would love to hear from you via my website at www.donnawhiteglaser.com or on Twitter: @readdonnaglaser.

Donna White Glaser
author
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,690
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Suspense & Thriller Authors - Introduce Yourselves!


DonnaWhiteGlaser wrote:

 

Hi! My name is Donna White Glaser and I'm the author of THE ENEMY WE KNOW. Like my main character, I'm a psychotherapist and live northwestern Wisconsin. My husband and I own a residential construction company where it’s my job to deal with any overly emotional, what-do-you-mean-you-can’t-put-roof-trusses-up-in-a-thunderstorm? clients. Strangely enough, I often come up with ideas for creative murders and hiding bodies during business hours. I mention this for no reason at all.

 

Here is a description of my suspense, The Enemy We Know:

Psychotherapist Letty Whittaker, a professional secret keeper, has a secret of her own. When one of her clients slips free from an abusive boyfriend, Letty becomes the target of his violent rage. Wayneinvades Letty's life, slithering his way past the barriers erected between her personal and professional lives, leaving gifts of dead rats, mutilated dolls, and freaky Shakespearian sonnets. Worst of all, Wayneuncovers Letty's deepest shame, infiltrating her AA group and threatening to expose her to the state licensing board.

And then--good news--Wayne is murdered. The bad news? The police suspect Letty. Worse yet, the sonnets and bloody souvenirs keep coming. Someone else has been watching Letty. Someone eager to drop bodies at her feet like a cat offering dead mole trophies to his mistress.

Someone willing to kill again.

 

I would love to hear from you via my website at www.donnawhiteglaser.com or on Twitter: @readdonnaglaser.


The Enemy We Know  

 

Thanks for joining us, Donna!

Author ROH
Author
ROH
Posts: 31
Registered: ‎01-31-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Suspense & Thriller Authors - Introduce Yourselves!

Under Fire  

Hi I'm Rita Henuber and I write books about extraordinary women and the men they love


 

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,690
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Suspense & Thriller Authors - Introduce Yourselves!


ROH wrote:

Under Fire  

Hi I'm Rita Henuber and I write books about extraordinary women and the men they love


 


Yay! Happy to see you here, Rita! 

Author ROH
Author
ROH
Posts: 31
Registered: ‎01-31-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Suspense & Thriller Authors - Introduce Yourselves!

Thanks don't know how I managed to post twice.  

Author
Grace_Greene
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎08-06-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Suspense & Thriller Authors - Grace Greene and Beach Rental

Beach Rental  Hi, I'm Grace Greene and my debut release, Beach Rental, came out in July. It's officially released as Women's Fiction, but it's a love story with lots of suspense. (Sweet heat level, inspirational elements)

 

Beach Rental takes place in Emerald Isle, Morehead City and Beaufort, North Carolina.

 

www.GraceGreeneAuthor.com

 

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,690
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Suspense & Thriller Authors - Grace Greene and Beach Rental


Grace_Greene wrote:

Beach Rental  Hi, I'm Grace Greene and my debut release, Beach Rental, came out in July. It's officially released as Women's Fiction, but it's a love story with lots of suspense. (Sweet heat level, inspirational elements)

 

Beach Rental takes place in Emerald Isle, Morehead City and Beaufort, North Carolina.

 

www.GraceGreeneAuthor.com

 


Hi Grace - It's nice to meet you!

Author
QuirkyQuill
Posts: 18
Registered: ‎07-21-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Suspense & Thriller Authors - Introduce Yourselves!

Hi, Becke!  I'm Malla Duncan. Still trying to garner interest in my books on B&N. I have 3 mystery suspense thrillers for women up for grabs at $1.99 and $2.99 - so still hoping someone will take a peek. My books are set in England and are more thriller I think, than romance. I would tentatively liken my books' style to that of Nicci French - at least that's what an English agent told me - so I value the opinion. Wondering if this thread gets as many readers as authors? Also wondering how to get the links in here!

I'll get back again when I've figured all that out!

My books are: CATCHEE MONKEY;  DARK SANCTUARY;  DEEP AS BONE.

The latter has a strong South African connection that may interest SA readers (who seem more spread around the globe than in SA). 

Thanks for all your strenuous efforts to assist authors to showcase their work.

Malla.

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,690
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Suspense & Thriller Authors - Introduce Yourselves!


QuirkyQuill wrote:

Hi, Becke!  I'm Malla Duncan. Still trying to garner interest in my books on B&N. I have 3 mystery suspense thrillers for women up for grabs at $1.99 and $2.99 - so still hoping someone will take a peek. My books are set in England and are more thriller I think, than romance. I would tentatively liken my books' style to that of Nicci French - at least that's what an English agent told me - so I value the opinion. Wondering if this thread gets as many readers as authors? Also wondering how to get the links in here!

I'll get back again when I've figured all that out!

My books are: CATCHEE MONKEY;  DARK SANCTUARY;  DEEP AS BONE.

The latter has a strong South African connection that may interest SA readers (who seem more spread around the globe than in SA). 

Thanks for all your strenuous efforts to assist authors to showcase their work.

Malla.


Hi Malla - Thanks so much for stopping in! If you go to the main page for Mystery and scroll down, you'll find a thread about Book Bargains. You might want to add links to your ebooks there. (Go to post a comment and click "Add Product" in the upper right.)

 

Miki and the Cricket Bat 

Miki and the Boxing Gloves 

Deep As Bone 

The Vampire Castle 

Catchee Monkey 

Dark Sanctuary       

Moderator
dhaupt
Posts: 11,843
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Suspense & Thriller Authors - Introduce Yourselves!

Hello and welcome to all of you

Donna and Rita and Grace and Malia you novels all look wonderful and I think I may increase my TBR pile

 

 

Author
Lever1
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎08-08-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Suspense & Thriller Authors - Introduce Yourselves!

The Lonely Mile  

 

Hi Becke, and thanks so much for the opportunity! I released my second thriller, THE LONELY MILE (2.99 from StoneHouse Ink) in July, and have received a very encouraging response from readers and reviewers. Here's a brief synopsis:

 

When struggling hardware store owner Bill Ferguson stumbles upon a kidnapping in progress, he does what we all like to believe we would do - he steps in and breaks up the crime, saving a young girl from a horrific fate.

 

The perpetrator, a serial kidnapper/murderer known as the I-90 Killer, escapes and vows revenge, focusing his twisted obsession on Ferguson's family. When Bill's daughter disappears soon after, the frantic father forms an uneasy alliance with a beautiful FBI investigator leading the search for the I-90 Killer.

 

But there are forces at play which go much deeper than Ferguson realizes, and the danger may go far beyond one kidnapped girl. Bill Ferguson knows he must risk everything to save his child - the question is, will he be too late?

 

Allan Leverone is a three-time Derringer Award finalist and a 2011 Pushcart Prize nominee for his short fiction. He has been hailed by bestselling Author Vincent Zandri (THE INNOCENT, THE REMAINS) as "the successor to Michael Crichton," and bestselling author Scott Nicholson (LIQUID FEAR, DISINTEGRATION) says "Allan Leverone delivers a taut crime drama full of twists and conspiracy."

 

For more information, as well as info on my other work, please visit my website, www.allanleverone.com

 

Thanks again, and I'd love it if you check out my work!

 

 

 

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,690
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Suspense & Thriller Authors - Introduce Yourselves!


Lever1 wrote:

The Lonely Mile  

 

Hi Becke, and thanks so much for the opportunity! I released my second thriller, THE LONELY MILE (2.99 from StoneHouse Ink) in July, and have received a very encouraging response from readers and reviewers. Here's a brief synopsis:

 

When struggling hardware store owner Bill Ferguson stumbles upon a kidnapping in progress, he does what we all like to believe we would do - he steps in and breaks up the crime, saving a young girl from a horrific fate.

 

The perpetrator, a serial kidnapper/murderer known as the I-90 Killer, escapes and vows revenge, focusing his twisted obsession on Ferguson's family. When Bill's daughter disappears soon after, the frantic father forms an uneasy alliance with a beautiful FBI investigator leading the search for the I-90 Killer.

 

But there are forces at play which go much deeper than Ferguson realizes, and the danger may go far beyond one kidnapped girl. Bill Ferguson knows he must risk everything to save his child - the question is, will he be too late?

 

Allan Leverone is a three-time Derringer Award finalist and a 2011 Pushcart Prize nominee for his short fiction. He has been hailed by bestselling Author Vincent Zandri (THE INNOCENT, THE REMAINS) as "the successor to Michael Crichton," and bestselling author Scott Nicholson (LIQUID FEAR, DISINTEGRATION) says "Allan Leverone delivers a taut crime drama full of twists and conspiracy."

 

For more information, as well as info on my other work, please visit my website, www.allanleverone.com

 

Thanks again, and I'd love it if you check out my work!

 

 

 


Thanks, Allan - I'm intrigued!

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,690
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Suspense & Thriller Authors - Introduce Yourselves!

Author
Joshua_Graham
Posts: 19
Registered: ‎08-08-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Suspense & Thriller Authors - Introduce Yourselves!

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

 



BEYOND JUSTICE 

My name is Joshua Graham and I'm the author of BEYOND JUSTICE, winner of the 2011 International Book Awards, Listed on Suspense Magazine's Best of 2010, and #1 bestselling nookbook on BN in Legal Thrillers, Christian Thrillers and Christian Fiction.

 

Here are just some of the reviews for BEYOND JUSTICE:

 

"...A riveting legal thriller.... breaking new ground with a vengeance... demonically entertaining and surprisingly inspiring."
~PUBLISHERS WEEKLY



"faith, understanding, joy and mercy in their purest forms."
"twists, turns and surprises"
"so much in the way of emotion."
"Take the time to read this book. You will not be disappointed."

~SUSPENSE MAGAZINE

...A MASTERFUL LEGAL THRILLER
...A book worthy of a feature length Hollywood movie...
...the best mystery novel that I have ever read.
...a plot worthy of Hollywood!
...a fitting climax in true John Grisham form.

~EAST COUNTY MAGAZINE

Look for my next Suspense Thriller DARKROOM (Simon & Schuster/Howard Books) coming May 2012!

 

http://Joshua-Graham.com

http://facebook.com/J0shuaGraham

Twitter: @J0shuaGraham



 

The Accidental Hero (A Digital Short) 

ONCE WE WERE KINGS 

The Accidental Existentialist 

THE ACCIDENTAL EXORCIST 

THE ACCIDENTAL REBEL       

 

 

 

Author
GailBarrett
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎08-08-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Suspense & Thriller Authors - Introduce Yourselves!

Sorry for the messy format!!!  I tried to edit it after I'd loaded up the links and couldn't do it.  Ugghh.