Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Suspense & Thriller Authors - Introduce Yourselves!

August is the Month of Suspense & Thriller's at B&N's Mystery Forum. The featured slots are all taken, but authors are always welcome here!

Use this thread to introduce yourselves - share links to your books, blogs and websites, too. If you'd like to add books, click "Reply" and look for "Add Product." You can find links to books, ebooks and audiobooks there.

Let me know if you run into any problems. Thanks for joining us!

Author
colleenc
0 Kudos

Re: Suspense & Thriller Authors - Introduce Yourselves!

What a great idea! :smileyhappy: I'm Colleen Coble and my next book out of the gate is Lonestar Angel  . I write romantic suspense. I'm currently working on a novel set in the Outer Banks. I was in St. Croix last year. There was a harbor cam there so I called my parents to tell them to log onto their computer and we'd wave at them. They did. I got to thinking about a young woman who sees her sister taken by kidnappers through a beach cam. So that's what I'm writing now. Tidewater Inn is the title. 

Eager to see what everyone is working on. 

becke_davis
0 Kudos

colleenc wrote:

What a great idea! :smileyhappy: I'm Colleen Coble and my next book out of the gate is Lonestar Angel  . I write romantic suspense. I'm currently working on a novel set in the Outer Banks. I was in St. Croix last year. There was a harbor cam there so I called my parents to tell them to log onto their computer and we'd wave at them. They did. I got to thinking about a young woman who sees her sister taken by kidnappers through a beach cam. So that's what I'm writing now. Tidewater Inn is the title. 

Eager to see what everyone is working on. 

Hi Colleen - I just noticed your book is listed incorrectly. You might want to check with your publisher, since they most likely gave B&N the information. It's coming up with Thomas Nelson as the author.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Lonestar-Angel/Thomas-Nelson/e/9781595542694

Lonestar Angel by Thomas Nelson: Book Cover

Here are link's to Colleen's other books:

The Lightkeeper's Daughter (Mercy Falls Series #1) 

The Lightkeeper's Bride (Mercy Falls Series #2) 

Lonestar Sanctuary (Lonestar Series #1) 

Lonestar Secrets (Lonestar Series #2) 

Lonestar Homecoming (Lonestar Series #3) 

Abomination (Rock Harbor Series #4) 

Cry in the Night (Rock Harbor Series #5) 

Black Sands (Aloha Reef Series #2) 

Midnight Sea (Aloha Reef Series #4) 

Dangerous Depths (Aloha Reef Series #3) 

Distant Echoes (Aloha Reef Series #1) 

Fire Dancer 

Alaska Twilight 

Anathema 

Blue Bottle Club/Without a Trace 

Blue Moon Promise 

Dangerous Depths (Aloha Reef Series #3) 

Without a Trace/ Beyond Doubt (Rock Harbor Series #1 & #2)                   

Author
MaureenMiller
0 Kudos

Becke, you are always such a lovely and gracious hostess! :smileyhappy:

I am the author of the romantic suspense novel, Endless Night  from Carina Press. I love mystery and suspense, but I always like some romance in my books, so that is pretty much the formula you can expect from me! 

Here is a little sampling from Endless Night  

A woman hiding from her identity. A man trying to find his.

After witnessing a murder, Megan Summers ran until she reached the remote coastal village of Victory Cove. She has a new name, but she knows it’ s only a matter of time before the murderer catches up with her.

Jake Grogan has come to town to unravel the mystery of his heritage. Instead of finding his grandmother at Wakefield House, he discovers an attractive stranger who will do anything to get him off her doorstep. Trapped by a storm, he’ s forced to stay the night with Megan—a woman who keeps a handgun under her bed and closes herself off from the outside world.

Jake tries to dig deeper into his past, but he’ s distracted by his fear for Megan’ s safety and his growing feelings for her. Danger is drawing near and he’ ll do anything to keep her safe. Will it be enough to help them survive the endless night?

ENDLESS NIGHT - Carina Press
www.maureenamiller.com
Author
colleenc
0 Kudos

I'll let them know. Thanks so much!

Author
colleenc
0 Kudos

That sounds REALLY good, Maureen. :smileyhappy: I'll have to read it.

Author
Richard_Mabry
0 Kudos

Thanks for this fantastic opportunity. My name is Richard Mabry, and I'm a retired physician, now writing "medical suspense with heart." My third book, Diagnosis Death, is recently out, and the fourth, Lethal Remedy, releases this fall.

I live in North Texas with my wife, Kay. When I'm not writing, I can be found hacking my way around the golf course or spoiling my grandchildren.

Author
tsmith100
0 Kudos

Hi everybody. My name is Thomas Smith and I write supernatural suspense. In my current novel, Something Stirs, the Chalmers family is pitted against a dark, chilling, ruthless force that has become part of the very fabric of their new home. And it won’t stop until it gets what it wants. Even if it costs them their faith, their sanity, and their lives.

My next novel, Stranger, is something of a departure for me. It takes place in a single location, and instead of chapters, the story is a single long narrative broken up by time indications as the action progresses.

"I don't scare easily but this one had me watching the shadows in my own home. With identifiable characters, great pacing, and chills that build as the story progresses, Something Stirs will be enjoyed by anyone looking for a good read. Consider me impressed. And scared!"
  - Mike Dellosso, author of The Hunted, Scream, Darlington Woods, and Darkness Follows 

Thomas Smith
Chronicling the things that go bump in the night
www.thomassmithonline.com

becke_davis
0 Kudos

MaureenMiller wrote:

Becke, you are always such a lovely and gracious hostess! :smileyhappy:

I am the author of the romantic suspense novel, Endless Night  from Carina Press. I love mystery and suspense, but I always like some romance in my books, so that is pretty much the formula you can expect from me! 

Here is a little sampling from Endless Night  

A woman hiding from her identity. A man trying to find his.

After witnessing a murder, Megan Summers ran until she reached the remote coastal village of Victory Cove. She has a new name, but she knows it’ s only a matter of time before the murderer catches up with her.

Jake Grogan has come to town to unravel the mystery of his heritage. Instead of finding his grandmother at Wakefield House, he discovers an attractive stranger who will do anything to get him off her doorstep. Trapped by a storm, he’ s forced to stay the night with Megan—a woman who keeps a handgun under her bed and closes herself off from the outside world.

Jake tries to dig deeper into his past, but he’ s distracted by his fear for Megan’ s safety and his growing feelings for her. Danger is drawing near and he’ ll do anything to keep her safe. Will it be enough to help them survive the endless night?

Hi Maureen - Thanks so much for telling us about your new book!

Widow's Tale 

Borrowed Time 

Rogue Wave    

Are these your titles, too? There are some NookBook bargains there!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Richard_Mabry wrote:

Thanks for this fantastic opportunity. My name is Richard Mabry, and I'm a retired physician, now writing "medical suspense with heart." My third book, Diagnosis Death, is recently out, and the fourth, Lethal Remedy, releases this fall.

I live in North Texas with my wife, Kay. When I'm not writing, I can be found hacking my way around the golf course or spoiling my grandchildren.

Hi Richard - I hope you'll come back and remind us when LETHAL REMEDY comes out!

Lethal Remedy 

Code Blue 

The Tender Scar 

Medical Error     

becke_davis
0 Kudos

tsmith100 wrote:

Hi everybody. My name is Thomas Smith and I write supernatural suspense. In my current novel, Something Stirs, the Chalmers family is pitted against a dark, chilling, ruthless force that has become part of the very fabric of their new home. And it won’t stop until it gets what it wants. Even if it costs them their faith, their sanity, and their lives.

My next novel, Stranger, is something of a departure for me. It takes place in a single location, and instead of chapters, the story is a single long narrative broken up by time indications as the action progresses.

"I don't scare easily but this one had me watching the shadows in my own home. With identifiable characters, great pacing, and chills that build as the story progresses, Something Stirs will be enjoyed by anyone looking for a good read. Consider me impressed. And scared!"
  - Mike Dellosso, author of The Hunted, Scream, Darlington Woods, and Darkness Follows 

Hi Thomas - Your new novel sounds very intriguing! I couldn't find a link for it here - let us know when it becomes available!

Becke

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Hi to all the great novelists,

Colleen I LOVE romantic suspense and will definitely have to pick up one or two or you get the idea :smileyhappy:, welcome

Hi Maureen, your novel looks really good too, my tbr pile is going to scream

Hi Richard, your description of your novels intrigued me, explain a little please "medical suspense with heart".

Hi Thomas, oooh supernatural suspense is another favorite sub-genre of mine, I don't know why but I can read scary stories but not watch them on the screen.

Thank you all for visiting and introducing us to new authors

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Hi, Colleen, the Outer Banks is a wonderful place for a setting or backdrop for a book. It really is a beautiful place with all the different lighthouses to see. Good luck with your book and thanks for stopping bythe Mystery Forum.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Hi, Maureen, I haven't read your book but it does sound interesting. I'll just have to add it to my TBR pile. Thanks for visiting the Mystery Forum.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Hi, Richard, your books look to be very suspenseful. I'll have to check them out at the bookstore soon. Thanks for visiting with us here at B&N.

Correspondent
seasanddollar
0 Kudos

Richard_Mabry wrote:

Richard, I have your Code Blue  TBR on my Nook.  I find the "medical suspense with heart" approach very inviting.

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Hi, Thomas, wow, I need to buy Something Stirs. I love books like this that are page turners and keep you on the edge of your seat. Thanks for visiting today with us.

Author
MaureenMiller
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Gosh, your books could  keep me busy on a deserted island for quite some time!! I better start reading! :smileysurprised:

Maureen

www.maureenamiller.com
Author
MaureenMiller
0 Kudos

Hi Debbie,

I can hear your TBR pile screaming from here! It must keep the neighbors up at night. :smileywink:

Maureen

www.maureenamiller.com