becke_davis
0 Kudos

Tomorrow: Saturday Fun with an 18 Author Visit!!

Be sure to stop by tomorrow: Saturday, January, 2011. Author Rosemary Harris is joining us along with 17 other authors!!

T Jefferson Parker

Joanne Fluke

Sue Anne Jaffarian

Harley Jane Kozak

Hank Phillippi Ryan

Jeri Westerson

Naomi Hirahara

Tim Hallinan

Kelli Stanley

Sophie Littlefield

Vickie Doudera

Ken Kuhlken

Gary Phillips

Kate Carlisle

Dianne Emley

Rosemary Harris

(If you scroll down through the posts here, you'll see several of these authors have already stopped in to introduce themselves. The authors highlighted in bold have been featured here before.)

Author
RosemaryH
0 Kudos

Re: Tomorrow: Saturday Fun with an 18 Author Visit!!

Hi all,

Just arrived in San Diego and getting ready for our big Mystery Day at ALA. The weather is gorgeous here - beats the snow that's falling in the northeast! Meeting the delightful Hank Phillippi Ryan for lunch and later Kelli Stanley, Sophie Littlefield, Naomi Hirahara and others for a SoCal Mystery Writers of America event.

BTW, just read Naomi's Summer of the Big Bachi. Her untraditional hero is a 60 something yr. old Japanese-American gardener and I dare you not to be drawn into his world. Excellent book. Now looking forward to reading her Gasa-Gasa Girl, in the same series.

More to come...

Rosemary

rosemary

Learn more about Pushing Up Daisies.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

RosemaryH wrote:

Hi all,

Just arrived in San Diego and getting ready for our big Mystery Day at ALA. The weather is gorgeous here - beats the snow that's falling in the northeast! Meeting the delightful Hank Phillippi Ryan for lunch and later Kelli Stanley, Sophie Littlefield, Naomi Hirahara and others for a SoCal Mystery Writers of America event.

BTW, just read Naomi's Summer of the Big Bachi. Her untraditional hero is a 60 something yr. old Japanese-American gardener and I dare you not to be drawn into his world. Excellent book. Now looking forward to reading her Gasa-Gasa Girl, in the same series.

More to come...

Rosemary

Hi Rosemary! Naomi already stopped by and introduced herself on the "Welcome" thread here. I'm intrigued by her books - I'll definitely check out Summer of the Big Bachi!

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Hi, Rosemary, your book sounds intriguing and will definitely check it out at the bookstore. Welcome to the Mystery board.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Author
JacquelineSeewald
0 Kudos

Becke,

This does sound like great fun! Hope to read lots more about the authors and the event.

Best,

Jacqueline Seewald

THE INFERNO COLLECTION

THE DROWNING POOL

coming in May 2011: THE TRUTH SLEUTH

Author
RosemaryH
0 Kudos

This is Harley Jane Kozak and I'm here with Rosemary, watching Hank Phillippi Ryan interview T. Jefferson Parker. Heaven! It's so good I'm taking notes. Jeff Parker looks like a cowboy, wearing a great pair of boots. Hank is in a pair of dusty rose suede (I think) heels. I could just stare at their footwear and listen to them yak to each other all day. Two journalists-turned-novelists asking each other really unusual questions. Fantastic conversation.

On a personal note, a man named Bob just came up to me to introduce himself as the man who produced my audiobooks. "Small world!" I think, and then remember, "oh, yeah. It's the ALA Convention."

And may I say too that nobody has a better collection of chocolate, not even romance writers. What a great convention.

rosemary

Learn more about Pushing Up Daisies.
Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Paula, Babe and Lucy are great characters and I can't wait to see what they are up to in SLUGFEST!

Thanks for stopping by and visiting with us!

Pushing Up Daisies (Dirty Business Series #1)

Dead Head (Dirty Business Series #3)

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Author
jofluke
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Here at ALA San Diego with my moderator ( the fabulous RoseMary Harris). Ready to be interviewed.... Ooops here we go!!!!

Author
VickiDoudera
0 Kudos

Re: TODAY Saturday Fun with an 18 Author Visit!!

Hello all!  Vicki Doudera here, author of A HOUSE TO DIE FOR, saying I'm enjoying the ALA midwinter meeting with lots of great librarians and some of my favorite fellow mystery authors. I will be participating in two panels this afternoon and am looking forward to it.

I feel fortunate to have the chance to meet and greet readers and those who work in our country's great libraries. Thanks to Rosemary Harris for setting up a wonderful day.

VickiD
Inspired Contributor
leisure_reader
0 Kudos

Hello all,

So many books and authors-and so little time....

First, I am making a note to visit my local library/bookstore and see what you all are about.  Many of you are new to me so I will need to sample a little from everyone. 

So-what made you all want to be authors?  I like to read, but, my daughter is the author in waiting.

leisure_reader

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Whew, I was away from my computer for awhile - no place to plug it in after the battery died. Thank goodness for the three hour time difference! I just got back from my RWA chapter meeting and a writing workshop. We ended up going out to lunch to celebrate two birthdays and a Golden Pen winner who just signed with an agent this morning!!!

I'm so excited to see you all here - send that California weather back this way! It's too darn cold in Cincinnati.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I'm interested in all these interviews - will they be on YouTube? If they are, I'll post them here!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Author
Dianne_Emley
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone! About to leave the ALA conference. My two panels went just great. Kudos to our moderators Hank Phillippi Ryan and Sue Ann Jaffarian for doing such a great job and coming up with fabulous discussion topic. My fellow panelist were articulate, funny, and wise! I also enjoyed the other panels. All in all, a great day.

Special thanks to Rosemary Harris for pulling Mystery Day together! OMG what a great and heroic job she did. Hat's off to you.

Finally, thanks Becke for hosting our group today and introducing me to this group.

Heading home now with a bag o' books and a bunch of fun memories.

TTFN

Author
Dianne_Emley
0 Kudos

What a great day...everyone has had such a different path to publication and each of us writers such different books. I just need more time to read them all!!! Looking forward to reading newcomer Vicki Doudera's books and treasuring my ARC of A Bad Day for Scandal by Sophie Littlefield.

Thanks so much for letting us check in and swap stories!

Rosemary

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Dianne_Emley wrote:

What a great day...everyone has had such a different path to publication and each of us writers such different books. I just need more time to read them all!!! Looking forward to reading newcomer Vicki Doudera's books and treasuring my ARC of A Bad Day for Scandal by Sophie Littlefield.

Thanks so much for letting us check in and swap stories!

Rosemary

Keep your stories coming - this is fun!!

becke_davis
0 Kudos
becke_davis
0 Kudos