becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to the B&N Mystery Forum - Introduce Yourself!

Fricka wrote:

Ha, ha, not if you're in Arizona, becke. Nice try, though.

Don't want to really guess at what might be another major event--might jinx myself and end up getting an earthquake or tornado here in the Southwest!!!!

Does it have to be a disaster? Maybe it could be something nice, instead. Here, Fricka, you might be interested in Jenny Crusie's blog today - she's talking about the new normal:

http://www.arghink.com/

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

Loved that article becke, especially the part where Jenny wrote about Bin Laden, "Hear he used a woman as a human shield. Classy to the end."

That pretty much puts into a nutshell what I think about the Islamic terrorists--none of them really has any respect for women. They certainly don't have a tradition of the man being protective of the weaker woman, so why would it come as a surprise that this slime bag would try to protect himself by using a woman as a screen?

But I digress. the main point Jenny was making was what we accept as the new normal. It certainly seems as though we've had more than our share of disasters in the news recently--the Tsunami and Earthquakes in Japan, the deadly tornadoes in the Southern states, interupted by the political news of the uprisings in Egypt and Libya. Wonder if it's something in the water over in that part of the world????

I personally wouldn't mind getting used to a "new normal" if it included cooler temperatures here in the Southwestern US, especially in May-June, and then in September--October. It seems,  though, that our norm is one long, hot summer, with days of 100+ temps, starting around the 2nd week of June, and occasionally lasting until December(yeah, I remember that year--I thought we would NEVER get down to the eighties again!!!) Maybe this is just the price we desert dwellers have to pay for not having earthquakes or tornadoes(although, truth be told, we DO have those on occasion--it's just that they aren't usually very big, so they get labeled as "Micro-bursts" rather than tornadoes--except for the eight that hit a new development in Flagstaff last fall--it just decimated the area. But, now, ho-hum, we're back to not getting tornadoes in Arizona again, at least, that's the impression would get from listening to the Weathermen/women on TV, or coverage given in the local newspaper. I for one still wonder why it is that there are so few homes or commercial buildings that have basements out here. But maybe that's a subject best tabled for now.)

I think that "news" is generally what we perceive to be significantly different about our lives, so that perception will differ a lot from person to person, and region to region. What's your "new normal"?????(or what would you like it to be?)

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
becke_davis
0 Kudos

My husband talk about this a lot - how we complain about our record cold winters now, as if this is something new. All I know is, I've never seen the Ohio River freeze, yet during the Civil War slaves escaped across the ice on that same river. And I've never seen the Thames freeze in London, but there are paintings from 300-400 years ago that show people ice skating on the river.

Of course, things DO change - where you live, and even the Chicago area, were part of an inland sea eons ago. And the Ohio River Valley is where the glaciers rolled to a stop, gouging out rivers and burying forests. So, in a way, the world as we know is one great big New Normal compared to what this planet used to be like.

I think a lot of our perception of the world is dramatically different now that air travel and instant phone and internet communication make it possible for news to reach us as it is happening. This makes it more immediate and frightening, but I don't know if it's really any worse than it used to be. Our ancestors just had the luxury of not knowing what was going on across the planet. 

Hmmm. Maybe this is why we like mysteries so much - they take scary situations and make sense of them!

Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

Just popping in to say hi.

Interesting perspective on the rivers/cold/changes. Maybe things have changed...and are now changing back.

As for the people par of the equation, it is true that we can learn more--very quickly because of the internet.  So are there bigger mysteries, more crime--or just that I now hear about things in Virginia way down here in Texas?  I have often wondered which is true.

Off to see what else is new in other threads!

Maria Schneider - My Nook Books
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Way back when, there was a thread here on why we like mysteries - why, even when many of us are very mild-mannered in person, we seem to enjoy murder and mayhem in our books. I'll see if I can restart that thread!

Author
AveryAames
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to the Mystery Forum - Introduce Yourself!

Hi, Becke, what a great introduction.  Love the photos and love the idea of pulling out a book, and voila, we are in the room.  Oh, to sit in a cozy armchair in a library (like the photo), perhaps the French doors are open letting in the crisp spring air. I'd drink in the words of Agatha Christie. I'd add a cup of tea, perhaps classical musical in the background, and the twitter of birds. Yep, perfect. Crack...back to reality. As it stands, I'm in a hotel room and working on a new manuscript while I promote my latest novel. LOL.  A girl can dream.

Best to all.  Say cheese!  ~Avery Aames

Lost and Fondue (Cheese Shop Mystery Series #2)

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to the Mystery Forum - Introduce Yourself!

AveryAames wrote:

Hi, Becke, what a great introduction.  Love the photos and love the idea of pulling out a book, and voila, we are in the room.  Oh, to sit in a cozy armchair in a library (like the photo), perhaps the French doors are open letting in the crisp spring air. I'd drink in the words of Agatha Christie. I'd add a cup of tea, perhaps classical musical in the background, and the twitter of birds. Yep, perfect. Crack...back to reality. As it stands, I'm in a hotel room and working on a new manuscript while I promote my latest novel. LOL.  A girl can dream.

Best to all.  Say cheese!  ~Avery Aames

Lost and Fondue (Cheese Shop Mystery Series #2)

Avery - hope you are someplace fun!

The one thing I forgot to add is that our special Mystery forum library (to those who are new here - see the first post in the introduction) has a few resident ghosts. Agatha Christie, who once said she plotted her books while washing the dishes, is sometimes seen in the kitchen, and Conan Doyle has been spotting in the garden, searching for fairies.

Any of you noticed other ghosts here?

Author
Peg_Herring
0 Kudos

Why We Like Mysteries

I know LOTS of mystery writers, and I can't see a single one of them (us) even swatting someone under great provocation!

In my opinion, what mystery readers & writers like is the combination of a puzzle to solve (or to concoct), a character we can admire because he/she outsmarts bad guys, and safe exploration of the violence in the world.

It doesn't hurt that we writers can also kill off people we don't like in a story and there's no trial or jail term. The person stays alive and doesn't even realize it's him. In THE DEAD DETECTIVE AGENCY, one of the bad guys is really, really close to a person I once worked with. I enjoyed "exposing" his greed and negativity, and apparently, it worked.

One other thing I like in mysteries I read and write: a satisfying ending. Life hardly ever gives explanations, but an exciting story with a clear, just summary is a great escape!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Why We Like Mysteries

Peg_Herring wrote:

I know LOTS of mystery writers, and I can't see a single one of them (us) even swatting someone under great provocation!

In my opinion, what mystery readers & writers like is the combination of a puzzle to solve (or to concoct), a character we can admire because he/she outsmarts bad guys, and safe exploration of the violence in the world.

It doesn't hurt that we writers can also kill off people we don't like in a story and there's no trial or jail term. The person stays alive and doesn't even realize it's him. In THE DEAD DETECTIVE AGENCY, one of the bad guys is really, really close to a person I once worked with. I enjoyed "exposing" his greed and negativity, and apparently, it worked.

One other thing I like in mysteries I read and write: a satisfying ending. Life hardly ever gives explanations, but an exciting story with a clear, just summary is a great escape!

The Dead Detective Agency 

I definitely agree that the puzzle-solving aspect is part of it. I like crosswords and sudokus and I'm guessing a lot of you do, too. 

I think Stephen King talked about this once - maybe in a foreword to his short story collection, NIGHT SHIFT?. Anyway, someone had asked him how he could write such freaky, terrifying stories and he said it was better to write them down than to have them in his head. I'm sure I've gotten this wrong - it's been years since I read that book - but I remember it resonated with me. 

Maybe it's easier to read, or write, about the things that scare us, because in books we can be relatively certain everything will turn out right.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Interesting blog by our friend MARY KENNEDY. I'll have to talk to the Pamela Callow, the subject of her blog, about a possible visit: 

http://www.blogher.com/pamela-callow-writes-smart-sexy-legal-thrillers

PAMELA CALLOW WRITES SMART, SEXY LEGAL THRILLERS

by Mary Kennedy

Recently, Pamela Callow took time out of her hectic schedule to talk about her sizzling legal thrillers, her love of the law and why she decided to become a novelist.

Damaged 

Q:  Your first book in the series, DAMAGED, received rave reviews from James Rollins, Linwood Barclay and Rick Mofina. Heady stuff for a debut thriller writer?

PC: I was terrified sending my manuscript – as I am such a fan of each of those authors. To learn that they had enjoyed DAMAGED and were willing to give an endorsement was a literal thrill.

Q:   I noticed there are two more books planned for the series, with release dates in 2012. Can you give us some hint about what you have in store for Kate Lange?

PC: In TATTOOED (June 2012), the third book, Kate Lange will encounter her alter ego, a tattoo artist whom she knew in high school. I’m very excited about this story, as I’ve been fascinated by the mainstreaming of the tattoo culture. The fourth book is still in development and we’ll have to see where Kate’s head is at the end of TATTOOED. Her romantic life is in a bit of a tangle and she’s still figuring out what makes her happy.

Q:   A recent study reveals that thirty percent of women lawyers abandon the law to work in other fields. What keeps Kate Lange involved with her legal career? She seems to be passionately interested in it.

PC: Kate is a survivor. Her father was convicted of fraud when she was twelve. At the age of sixteen, her sister died in a car accident – with Kate at the wheel. She worked at minimum wage jobs to put herself through university, and is a “late bloomer” in terms of her legal career. Because none of it came easy for her, she is very passionate about her legal career -- although her goals have evolved over the books.

At the opening of DAMAGED, her initial goal with her legal career was to be on a fast-track to a corner office, with a judicial appointment down the road. She believed success = respect, and that she could overcome her past this way -- and thus, would finally be happy. By the end of the book, she realizes that her profession can change people’s lives – for better or for worse. She has to dig deep and face her fears.

In INDEFENSIBLE, she agrees to represent Randall Barrett, the managing partner of her firm, on charges of murdering his ex-wife. But she is terrified. She’s never done criminal defense work.  She learns the criminal justice ropes from a recovering alcoholic defense lawyer, who teaches her about perception versus reality and the presumption of innocence.

At the end of the day, Kate is compelled to fight for what is right. And realizes that the legal profession can help her do that.

Q:   You were a strategy consultant for an international firm and you're currently a member of the Nova Scotia bar. You've had a high-powered, high-profile  corporate career. What drew you to the law? And what draws you to writing?

PC: I’ve always been fascinated by criminal justice – maybe because I’ve always played by the rules. When I started law school, I was twenty-one, and one of the youngest students. I know this will date me, but my experience could be easily summed up by the opening lines of the TV legal drama Paper Chase, where actor John Houseman declares, “I train your minds. You come in here with a skull full of mush, and if you survive, you’ll leaving thinking like a lawyer.”  One of the greatest skills I learned at law school was analysis, and how to build an argument.

Law school was also defining for me on a personal level. Just before I began my first year of law school, my mother was diagnosed with end-stage colon cancer. She died near the end of my first year. I’d never seen someone suffer like that – especially someone I loved so deeply – and it had a huge impact on my psyche. I learned how to dig deep.

Studying law drew me to social policy, and the impact of our laws on the ordinary person. After I was admitted to the bar, I completed a Master’s degree in Public Administration. I then joined the Strategic Services practice at Andersen Consulting.

While I was working as a strategy consultant, I attended a shower of one of my oldest friends. Her mother asked me about my job. Explaining my job was not always easy – it could seem very abstract and was full of “consulting-speak.” Finally, she just looked at me and said, “Pam, I always thought you’d be a writer.”

I literally had a pain in my heart when she said that. I realized that I’d strayed very far from the path of my younger self– and that fear had held me back.

After I had my first child, my local office closed. It was then that I took the first step of this journey and enrolled in an Adult Education writing class.

My children were young, so I only wrote a little every week, but eventually I knew I wanted to try to make a career of it. Once they started school, I began writing from the minute I dropped them off until I had to pick them up again, five days a week. Four years later, I sold my series.

Q:   How do you manage your time? I always think of lawyers jotting down what they do all day long, in 15 minute increments. It sounds a bit grueling and tedious?  Is it a constant juggling act?

PC: I’m used to billing my time – as a lawyer, it was every 6 minutes. As a consultant, my firm charged per diems. Knowing that you need to provide value and be productive has carried over into my writing habits. I consider my publisher to be my client, so I try to be disciplined and prioritize my work. It is challenging, though. Being an author means you are running a small company as well as creating the product. With two books released in the space of six months, and two more in the works, it has become quite a juggling act. And sometimes the balls fall.

Q:  You're reading from Indefensible at the Canadian Bar Association's Law Day. How have your books been received by the legal community?

Publishing a book is like inviting someone into your soul. It is terrifying and exhilarating at the same time. I’ve been overwhelmed by the support from the legal community. Some of the best reviews have been from fellow lawyers, which is so gratifying – and a huge relief! Out of all my readers, I was most nervous about my peers. But they’ve been incredibly supportive. In fact, not only did the Canadian Bar Association’s Law Day committee invite me to read from INDEFENSIBLE – coincidentally, at the Provincial Courthouse where scenes from the book were set – but they are enacting a mock arraignment of main character Randall Barrett on charges of murder! I’m so excited.

I had actually attended Law Day as a member of the public two years ago to gather information for the jail scenes for INDEFENSIBLE. To think that one of those scenes will be enacted in the same courtroom is quite a thrill. I’m also a guest speaker at the Legal Information Society of Nova Scotia’s Annual Lunch. As well, the Nova Scotia Bar Society Record and my law school alumni magazine did a feature about my series last month. As you can see, the support has been wonderful.

Indefensible 

Readers can contact Pamela Callow at www.pamelacallow.com.

Dr. Mary Kennedy is a licensed psychologist in private practice in the northeast, and a mystery novelist. Visit her at www.marykennedy.net

Author
mary_kennedy
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for printing my piece in BlogHer, Becke. Pam is such a talented author, I first "met" her when I was assigned to write an author profile of her for ITW. I read both DAMAGED and INDEFENSIBLE and was just blown away, she is fabulous. She writes the kind of books I would love to write! I know you will have a great discussion with her.  

becke_davis
0 Kudos

mary_kennedy wrote:

Thank you so much for printing my piece in BlogHer, Becke. Pam is such a talented author, I first "met" her when I was assigned to write an author profile of her for ITW. I read both DAMAGED and INDEFENSIBLE and was just blown away, she is fabulous. She writes the kind of books I would love to write! I know you will have a great discussion with her.  

I'm embarrassed to admit both books are still in my TBR pile, but I'll definitely move them to the top!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

I see that Avery Aames popped back in here for a quick hello!

I can now reveal that she was in town in my neck of the woods, for a "Cupcake Cozy Event" at the Poisoned Pen Bookstore in Scottsdale, Arizona.

I got to see Avery again, along with Kate Carlisle, Beth Kendrick, and the host of the evening, Jenn McKinlay. And yes, there were cupcakes, along with some killer "Irish Cheddar" cheese(courtesy of Avery, I believe), and what's more there, was even some Cupcake-labeled wine to go with the cheese.( Also some mineral water and snapple. I had a small glass of the cupcake wine)  So yes, I was a bad girl and went off my diet--but am going back on again today.

I got Kate Carlisle's new book, Murder Under Cover, and Jenn's book, ButterCream Bump Off.

As I'm getting ready for work, I don't have time to go into as much detail as I'd like, so  I will add more details about the above booksigning later after I get off work.

Just want to note that this is one big, event-filled weekend coming up.

Today is Cinco de Mayo, which for this Gringa is essentially an excuse for eating Mexican food and drinking tequila. Many restaurants offer reduced prices on their Margaritas, to which I say a heartfelt, "Gracias!" Tomorrow evening, there's another event at the Poisoned Pen, which I am planning to attend, with a double-billing of Jane Cleland and Barbara Harris.

I just got notice from Barnes and Noble that the Michael Orenduff book, The Pot Thief Who Studied Escoffier, has come in and is ready for pick-up. Man, I am rolling in hog-heaven! (Snort!)

Anyway, besides my book-filled weekend, it's going to be busy for others as well, as it's both Mother's Day AND the Kentucky Derby this weekend!!! I'm wondering if Janet Rudolph will be posting a list of mysteries set Mother's Day(or the Kentucky Derby). I'll post later on the Holiday-linked thread in this forum if she does.

I've always wanted to attend just ONE Kentucky Derby, but as a teacher, it comes at the wrong time of the year. Maybe someday when I retire...

Anyway, just wondering if any of you on the forum here have ever gotten to go to the Derby. That's one place in America where women can get their fancy hats on, and it's on a par with what we saw last week at the royal wedding, I think. Only WE have OUR event every year!!!!

Well, everyone have a great weekend! Got to dash!

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
Author
LoisWinston
0 Kudos

I feel like the prodigal author; it's been so long since I popped in! So long that Becke emailed me privately a couple of weeks ago to make sure I was still alive. I am. Just overwhelmed with too many commitments and deadlines and something had to give. My sanity wasn't an option, so I stepped back from some of my lists and groups. However, I saw the posts about why we love mysteries and figured what better time to drop by for a quick visit?

I just returned from a whirlwind week, first at Malice Domestic in Bethesda, MD, then at the Festival of Mystery in Oakmont, PA (just outside of Pittsburgh). Both were unbelievable events. If you love mysteries, you need to put both on your to-do list. I've got pictures and a few details up on my blog today:

http://anastasiapollack.blogspot.com/2011/05/malice-domestic-festival-of-mystery.html

So stop by for a vicarious good time, and start saving to be at one event or the other (or maybe both?) in person next year.

Lois Winston
http://www.loiswinston.com
http://www.anastasiapollack.blogspot.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Fricka wrote:

I can now reveal that she was in town in my neck of the woods, for a "Cupcake Cozy Event" at the Poisoned Pen Bookstore in Scottsdale, Arizona.

I got to see Avery again, along with Kate Carlisle, Beth Kendrick, and the host of the evening, Jenn McKinlay. And yes, there were cupcakes, along with some killer "Irish Cheddar" cheese(courtesy of Avery, I believe), and what's more there, was even some Cupcake-labeled wine to go with the cheese.( Also some mineral water and snapple. I had a small glass of the cupcake wine)  So yes, I was a bad girl and went off my diet--but am going back on again today.

I got Kate Carlisle's new book, Murder Under Cover, and Jenn's book, ButterCream Bump Off.

As I'm getting ready for work, I don't have time to go into as much detail as I'd like, so  I will add more details about the above booksigning later after I get off work.

Today is Cinco de Mayo, which for this Gringa is essentially an excuse for eating Mexican food and drinking tequila. Many restaurants offer reduced prices on their Margaritas, to which I say a heartfelt, "Gracias!" Tomorrow evening, there's another event at the Poisoned Pen, which I am planning to attend, with a double-billing of Jane Cleland and Barbara Harris.

I just got notice from Barnes and Noble that the Michael Orenduff book, The Pot Thief Who Studied Escoffier, has come in and is ready for pick-up. Man, I am rolling in hog-heaven! (Snort!)

Anyway, besides my book-filled weekend, it's going to be busy for others as well, as it's both Mother's Day AND the Kentucky Derby this weekend!!! I'm wondering if Janet Rudolph will be posting a list of mysteries set Mother's Day(or the Kentucky Derby). I'll post later on the Holiday-linked thread in this forum if she does.

I've always wanted to attend just ONE Kentucky Derby, but as a teacher, it comes at the wrong time of the year. Maybe someday when I retire...

Anyway, just wondering if any of you on the forum here have ever gotten to go to the Derby. That's one place in America where women can get their fancy hats on, and it's on a par with what we saw last week at the royal wedding, I think. Only WE have OUR event every year!!!!

Fricka - Avery has a new release, and she'll be guest blogging here very soon! Avery was one of the first people I met when I attended my very first Bouchercon. I saw her at Left Coast Crime in March, too. Fricka, you seem to be well-placed for book signings - I'm a little jealous! Of course, I'm REALLY jealous of your weather - it's sunny here right now, but we've got rain forecast every day for the next week. Ugh!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Reel Murder 
mary_kennedy wrote:

Mary - I forgot to thank you for stopping by - it's always wonderful to see you here!

Stay Tuned for Murder

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Fricka wrote:

Fricka - you mentioned the Kentucky Derby. My good friend Tina Wolfer is a major horse-lover, and she just had her first-ever story published in a Kentucky Derby romance anthology called ALL BETS ARE ON! It's an ebook - I'll post the link:

All Bets Are On!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Love, Lies, and a Double Shot of Deception 
LoisWinston wrote:

I feel like the prodigal author; it's been so long since I popped in! So long that Becke emailed me privately a couple of weeks ago to make sure I was still alive. I am. Just overwhelmed with too many commitments and deadlines and something had to give. My sanity wasn't an option, so I stepped back from some of my lists and groups. However, I saw the posts about why we love mysteries and figured what better time to drop by for a quick visit?

I just returned from a whirlwind week, first at Malice Domestic in Bethesda, MD, then at the Festival of Mystery in Oakmont, PA (just outside of Pittsburgh). Both were unbelievable events. If you love mysteries, you need to put both on your to-do list. I've got pictures and a few details up on my blog today:

http://anastasiapollack.blogspot.com/2011/05/malice-domestic-festival-of-mystery.html

So stop by for a vicarious good time, and start saving to be at one event or the other (or maybe both?) in person next year.

Hi Lois - Welcome back! Hope it didn't seem like I was nagging - I was just a little worried about you! I really wanted to go to Malice Domestic, but the timing was bad for me. My buddy Duffy Brown went - her first time - and she said it was fantastic! I'm hoping to go next year.

Looking for your next book - do you have a release date yet?

Assault with a Deadly Glue Gun

Author
PamelaCallow
0 Kudos

Hi Becke,

Thank you for sharing the interview I did with the uber-talented Mary Kennedy. I loved Mary from the first moment we connected online - her series is set in Florida (one of my favorite places), features a talk radio psychologist (what's not to love about that?) and has a pug. Well, since I have a pug, I knew our friendship had gotten off to a great start.

It's great to be amongst like-minded readers, and in one of my favorite reading spaces - a library in an English manor. I studied 19th century English literature at university, and became a dedicated Austenite. Pride and Prejudice was, and always will be, my most favorite romance. And Bridget Jones' Diary is one of my favorite movies. And Darcy is one of my favorite names (in fact, the forensic anthropologist in my third book is named Darcie). I think you are getting the picture!

Like many of you, I started reading mysteries as a child. The first series I read was Encyclopedia Brown (anyone remember those?) and I was an avid Enid Blyton fan (loved the Famous Five and the Secret Seven with their picnics of ginger beer).

As I grew older, I loved Victoria Holt, Elizabeth Peters (both the Vicki Bliss and Amelia Peabody series), Elizabeth George, and Susan Hill. (Interestingly, my thrillers are not in the vein of British mysteries, but I have created a "village" of characters who come in and out of Kate Lange's life.) 

Thank you for the warm welcome, Becke!

Cheers,

Pam

Join me at my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/PamelaCallowAuthor?ref=sgm
www.pamelacallow.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

PamelaCallow wrote:

Hi Becke,

Thank you for sharing the interview I did with the uber-talented Mary Kennedy. I loved Mary from the first moment we connected online - her series is set in Florida (one of my favorite places), features a talk radio psychologist (what's not to love about that?) and has a pug. Well, since I have a pug, I knew our friendship had gotten off to a great start.

It's great to be amongst like-minded readers, and in one of my favorite reading spaces - a library in an English manor. I studied 19th century English literature at university, and became a dedicated Austenite. Pride and Prejudice was, and always will be, my most favorite romance. And Bridget Jones' Diary is one of my favorite movies. And Darcy is one of my favorite names (in fact, the forensic anthropologist in my third book is named Darcie). I think you are getting the picture!

Like many of you, I started reading mysteries as a child. The first series I read was Encyclopedia Brown (anyone remember those?) and I was an avid Enid Blyton fan (loved the Famous Five and the Secret Seven with their picnics of ginger beer).

As I grew older, I loved Victoria Holt, Elizabeth Peters (both the Vicki Bliss and Amelia Peabody series), Elizabeth George, and Susan Hill. (Interestingly, my thrillers are not in the vein of British mysteries, but I have created a "village" of characters who come in and out of Kate Lange's life.) 

Thank you for the warm welcome, Becke!

Cheers,

Pam

Pam - Thanks so much for joining us! I just posted your wonderful guest blog - boy, can I ever relate!