Reader
CaraFaithDonovan
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to the B&N Mystery Forum - Introduce Yourself!

Hello All:

I'm Cara Faith Donovan a paranormal romance author from Alabama.  Really great to meet you all!

Truly,

Cara

www.carafaithdonovan.com

Discover my books on Barnes and Noble http://www.barnesandnoble.com/c/michelle-hughes
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Happy Mothers Day...to All..Cara its so good to see you!!!  Happy,Happy Mothers Day... Visit us intoduce yourself on Paranormal/UF too..Its also a nice,quirky crowd as Mystery is...Best   Susan

CaraFaithDonovan wrote:

Hello All:

I'm Cara Faith Donovan a paranormal romance author from Alabama.  Really great to meet you all!

Truly,

Cara

www.carafaithdonovan.com

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

Just got back from early church service which I attended with my mom. It's one of my traditions, that I go to my parent's church with them for Mother's Day and Father's Day. I got mom a pink orchid corsage, which matched perfectly with the blouse she wore today.

Anyway, I hope the rest of you are enjoying today, either with your mothers or with your children/family members. Welcome to all the authors who have been visiting us--Lois, Mary, Pam, Susan, and Cara Faith. I personally am always looking for new mysteries to read, even though my TBR pile seems to be getting even longer all the time.

Becke--great work on the visuals, as always. Hope you are enjoying your weekend, as well.

P.S. Did any of you get to watch the Kentucky Derby yesterday? I had to run an overdue DVD set back to the library, so got back just in time to see the winners being interviewed. Apparently the horse that won, Animal Kingdaom(isn't THAT a great name for a race horse???) was a 20-1 shot!

Wheeeee!

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

Yup, we saw the race--I'm always glad when no one gets hurt!!!

Maria Schneider - My Nook Books
Author
Marcia_Talley_Mysteries
0 Kudos

Hi!  I'm mystery author Marcia Talley and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.  Just went through the process of logging on and creating an ID, so I hope this is working!  Hi, Becke! 

becke_davis
0 Kudos

CaraFaithDonovan wrote:

Hello All:

Truly,

Cara

www.carafaithdonovan.com

Hi Cara - Thanks so much for joining us!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

Happy Mothers Day...to All..Cara its so good to see you!!!  Happy,Happy Mothers Day... Visit us intoduce yourself on Paranormal/UF too..Its also a nice,quirky crowd as Mystery is...Best   Susan

CaraFaithDonovan wrote:

Hello All:

Truly,

Cara

www.carafaithdonovan.com

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day, Susan!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Fricka wrote:

Just got back from early church service which I attended with my mom. It's one of my traditions, that I go to my parent's church with them for Mother's Day and Father's Day. I got mom a pink orchid corsage, which matched perfectly with the blouse she wore today.

Anyway, I hope the rest of you are enjoying today, either with your mothers or with your children/family members. Welcome to all the authors who have been visiting us--Lois, Mary, Pam, Susan, and Cara Faith. I personally am always looking for new mysteries to read, even though my TBR pile seems to be getting even longer all the time.

Becke--great work on the visuals, as always. Hope you are enjoying your weekend, as well.

P.S. Did any of you get to watch the Kentucky Derby yesterday? I had to run an overdue DVD set back to the library, so got back just in time to see the winners being interviewed. Apparently the horse that won, Animal Kingdaom(isn't THAT a great name for a race horse???) was a 20-1 shot!

Wheeeee!

Sounds like you had a lovely day, Fricka! Didn't get to see my kids today but my son is coming Memorial Day weekend, and my daughter is coming for a visit a few days after that. It was a nice, sunny day here for a change - planted a few flowers, read a book and then we went to see THOR in 3-D. Fun day!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

BearMountainBooks wrote:

Yup, we saw the race--I'm always glad when no one gets hurt!!!

I agree!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Marcia_Talley_Mysteries wrote:

Hi!  I'm mystery author Marcia Talley and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.  Just went through the process of logging on and creating an ID, so I hope this is working!  Hi, Becke! 

Yay - I'm glad you were able to sign in okay. I'll get you set up with an author tag. 

Marcia is our featured author this week - I'm just about to post her introduction.

All Things Undying 

Without a Grave 

A Quiet Death 

Chesapeake Crimes 

Chesapeake Crimes 3 

Occasion Of Revenge 

Unbreathed Memories 

Through the Darkness 

This Enemy Town (Hannah Ives Mystery Series #5) 

Sing It to Her Bones 

Dead Man Dancing 

I'd Kill for That 

In Death's Shadow (Hannah Ives Mystery Series) 

Naked Came the Phoenix               

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Thanks Becke..I know its hard when the kids are far away..But you will see them soon..We stuffed ourselved at Brunch...lol..Thank you  and Fricka  for welcoming Cara Faith..And The Derby was so amazing.!!!!...Best Susan...

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
becke_davis
0 Kudos

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

Thanks Becke..I know its hard when the kids are far away..But you will see them soon..We stuffed ourselved at Brunch...lol..Thank you  and Fricka  for welcoming Cara Faith..And The Derby was so amazing.!!!!...Best Susan...

I've never been to the Derby - maybe one day!

Author
ToniD16
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone,

I'm new here--I came to comment on Marcia Talley's thread and decided to stick around.

Hope to get know some fellow mystery aficionados!

Thanks,

ToniD

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ToniD16 wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'm new here--I came to comment on Marcia Talley's thread and decided to stick around.

Hope to get know some fellow mystery aficionados!

Thanks,

ToniD

Toni - I tried to post a book link, but then I remember your ebook hasn't been released yet! Be sure to share the link with us when it's available.

Author
ToniD16
0 Kudos

Thanks Becke.  I sure will.  Hope to have it out within a week or two.

Author
RJMcDonnell
0 Kudos

Hello, my name is RJ McDonnell. I'm the author of the Rock & Roll Mystery Series, which is detective fiction with a bit of humor. I'm also an avid mystery reader. My father was a police detective who handled high profile homicides by day, and critiqued televised police dramas for his family by night. I learned that the devil was in the details, and the details were not on television, they were in mystery novels.

Rock & Roll Homicide  

Lawrence Sanders was the first novelist to captivate my imagination with his Deadly Sins and Ten Commandments Series. I'm looking forward to sharing some other favorites with you and learning which novels compel you to stay up past your bedtime.

Rock & Roll Rip-Off

Feel free to send me a friend request on Facebook, a follow on Twitter (I'll follow back), or a note here on the B&N Mystery forum.

RJ

RJ McDonnell
Rock & Roll Mystery Series
www.rjmcdonnell.com
@RJMcDonnell7
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

RJMcDonnell wrote:

Hello, my name is RJ McDonnell. I'm the author of the Rock & Roll Mystery Series, which is detective fiction with a bit of humor. I'm also an avid mystery reader. My father was a police detective who handled high profile homicides by day, and critiqued televised police dramas for his family by night. I learned that the devil was in the details, and the details were not on television, they were in mystery novels.

Rock & Roll Homicide  

Welcome, RJ. I enjoy reading mysteries that have a bit of humor to them, so I'll certainly look into reading one of your books now. Also, I loved that line that you wrote about your dad, about how he "handled high profile homicides by day and critiqued televised police dramas for his family at night." I bet you learned a lot from his comments--have you used, or are thinking of using, any of the cases he worked on, in your plot lines in your books?
ToniD16, welcome to our forum as well. I'd like to know if your books are in print format as well as electronic.

becke, maybe one day, you and I(and maybe Susan, too, or whoever else is interested)can get to the Kentucky Derby, and glory in wearing beautiful, outlandish hats! Any Kentucky residents out there who'd be willing to put us up for a weekend?????

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
becke_davis
0 Kudos

LOL - that would be fun! I only live 8 miles from Kentucky, but it's a bit further to the Derby!