Reply
Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
Posts: 2,590
Registered: ‎04-21-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Just for Fun

[ Edited ]
Oooo ahhhh. I love board games. :smileyhappy: Book-opoly looks awesome hahahaha.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,675
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Just for Fun


GS2991 wrote:
Oooo ahhhh. I love board games. :smileyhappy: Book-opoly looks awesome hahahaha.

My husband and I used to play board games with friends a lot. Not so much anymore. These look fun, though, don't they?

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
Posts: 2,590
Registered: ‎04-21-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Just for Fun

Yeah lots of fun! Nobody will play me anymore though. Gave me the nick name Game Shark and gave up playing against me. Hahaha
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,675
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Just for Fun


GS2991 wrote:
Yeah lots of fun! Nobody will play me anymore though. Gave me the nick name Game Shark and gave up playing against me. Hahaha

That's my son - he always wins!

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,675
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to the B&N Mystery Forum - Introduce Yourself!

 

https://apps.facebook.com/killerinstincts/

 

There's another contest at Killer Instincts!

 

Are you exotic?  Enter to win @vosges chocolates and portrait of a spy by @danielsilvabook at Killer Instincts http://bit.ly/zLzYPb

 

The contest is live until Monday (2/20) night. 

 

Portrait of a Spy (Gabriel Allon Novel #11)  

 


Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,675
Registered: ‎10-19-2006

Re: Welcome to the B&N Mystery Forum - Introduce Yourself!

My husband sent me this image - he said it reminds him of my TBR pile!

 

 

 

Speaking of images, are any of you on Pinterest? It's a recent addiction of mine:

 

http://pinterest.com/beckedavis/

Moderator
dhaupt
Posts: 11,824
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to the B&N Mystery Forum - Introduce Yourself!

Ah I thought a little eye candy would be appropriate for this gloomy February day

 

 

well he's my eye candy anyway :smileyhappy:

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,675
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos
Inspired Wordsmith
basson_mommy12
Posts: 743
Registered: ‎05-27-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to the B&N Mystery Forum - Introduce Yourself!


becke_davis wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

Ah I thought a little eye candy would be appropriate for this gloomy February day

 

 

well he's my eye candy anyway :smileyhappy:




Show off :smileyhappy: but thanks the more eye candy the merrier


My thoughts exactly!!


How ironic! I was just looking around to see if any of the original Bond stories are available as e-books. Alas, they are not. Sad!

"The Answer to the Great Question of ... Life, the Universe and Everything ... (is) 42." -- Douglas Adams' "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Ruth W.
Grand Rapids, MI
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,675
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to the B&N Mystery Forum - Introduce Yourself!


basson_mommy12 wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

Ah I thought a little eye candy would be appropriate for this gloomy February day

 

 

well he's my eye candy anyway :smileyhappy:




Show off :smileyhappy: but thanks the more eye candy the merrier


My thoughts exactly!!


How ironic! I was just looking around to see if any of the original Bond stories are available as e-books. Alas, they are not. Sad!


Maybe you should post that as a suggestion on one of the Nook boards here!

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,675
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to the B&N Mystery Forum - Introduce Yourself!

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,675
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to the B&N Mystery Forum - Introduce Yourself!

One of my favorite mystery short stories - my son wrote it when he was about nine. ;-)

 

The Mystery of the Candy Thief

 

http://familytreethyme.blogspot.com/2009/08/mystery-of-candy-thief.html

Author
JeanHarrington
Posts: 54
Registered: ‎01-05-2012
0 Kudos

Re: Happy Valentine's Day!

Omigod, Becke!  Those cupcakes.  The mystery is how anyone can resist them, and I'm not even a sweets craver--or chocoholic, or whatever the term.  But these are irresistible. Since this was posted on the 14th, I'm comforting myself with the thought that they must--MUST--be stale by now.  Why am I not having any luck with that?  Another mystery. 

Jean Harrington
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,675
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Happy Valentine's Day!


JeanHarrington wrote:

Omigod, Becke!  Those cupcakes.  The mystery is how anyone can resist them, and I'm not even a sweets craver--or chocoholic, or whatever the term.  But these are irresistible. Since this was posted on the 14th, I'm comforting myself with the thought that they must--MUST--be stale by now.  Why am I not having any luck with that?  Another mystery. 


Ah, well, that's the thing with virtual cupcakes, Jean - they never go stale! AND, best of all, they have ZERO calories!

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,675
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Happy Valentine's Day!

The winners of the Tainted Love contest have been posted: 

http://romanceuniversity.org/2012/02/19/tainted-love-contest-winners/

 

Thanks to Eadie and Fricka for entering! (You'll both be getting a little consolation prize from me later this week.)

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
Posts: 2,230
Registered: ‎05-04-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Happy Valentine's Day!

Some sad news to share from Janet Rudolph's Mystery Fanfare site:

 

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

 

Judi McCoy: R.I.P.

 

Judith Ann Karol McCoy, national bestselling author of 'The Dog Walker Mystery' series and other novels, died February 18, in Cape Charles, VA.  Judi McCoy was the published author of 22 mystery and romance novels. Her first, "I Dream of You" won Waldenbooks 2002 award for best-selling new author. Her most recent series, the popular Dog Walker Mysteries, debuted in 2009 with "Hounding the Pavement", all royalties from which Judi donated to the Best Friends Animal Society. Her 2010 novel "Death in Show" Dogwalker mystery won Romantic Times Most Humorous Mystery award. Her latest novel, "Fashion Faux-Paw," will be published in March 2012.

In addition to writing novels, Judi was a cornerstone of Crescent Moon Press, led many writing workshops for aspiring writers at national conferences and mentored numerous new authors.

Judi is survived by her husband of 44 years, Dennis McCoy; her beloved dogs Buckley, Belle, Sasha, and Polly; her daughters and grandchilden.

A memorial service will be held Wednesday, February 22, 2012 at 11:00 AM at the Wilkins-Doughty Funeral Home in Cape Charles, VA. The family asks that in lieu of flowers, donations be made in Judi's name to Tidewater Bichon Frise Rescue, P.O. Box 8084, Suffolk, VA 23438.

 

***********************

 

I had only recently discovered Judi's Dog-Walker mysteries, and loved reading them. There was a woman after my own heart, with a love for the Bichon Frise breed. I'm sure Judi is now over the Rainbow Bridge, with her dogs that went on before her.My condolences to her family, and I'm planning to remember her with a donation to the Tidewater Bichon Frise Rescue.

 

For any of you on the forum who may not have read any of Judi's books yet, I highly recommend them.

 

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,675
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Happy Valentine's Day!


Fricka wrote:

Some sad news to share from Janet Rudolph's Mystery Fanfare site:

 

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

 

Judi McCoy: R.I.P.

 

Judith Ann Karol McCoy, national bestselling author of 'The Dog Walker Mystery' series and other novels, died February 18, in Cape Charles, VA.  Judi McCoy was the published author of 22 mystery and romance novels. Her first, "I Dream of You" won Waldenbooks 2002 award for best-selling new author. Her most recent series, the popular Dog Walker Mysteries, debuted in 2009 with "Hounding the Pavement", all royalties from which Judi donated to the Best Friends Animal Society. Her 2010 novel "Death in Show" Dogwalker mystery won Romantic Times Most Humorous Mystery award. Her latest novel, "Fashion Faux-Paw," will be published in March 2012.

In addition to writing novels, Judi was a cornerstone of Crescent Moon Press, led many writing workshops for aspiring writers at national conferences and mentored numerous new authors.

Judi is survived by her husband of 44 years, Dennis McCoy; her beloved dogs Buckley, Belle, Sasha, and Polly; her daughters and grandchilden.

A memorial service will be held Wednesday, February 22, 2012 at 11:00 AM at the Wilkins-Doughty Funeral Home in Cape Charles, VA. The family asks that in lieu of flowers, donations be made in Judi's name to Tidewater Bichon Frise Rescue, P.O. Box 8084, Suffolk, VA 23438.

 

***********************

 

I had only recently discovered Judi's Dog-Walker mysteries, and loved reading them. There was a woman after my own heart, with a love for the Bichon Frise breed. I'm sure Judi is now over the Rainbow Bridge, with her dogs that went on before her.My condolences to her family, and I'm planning to remember her with a donation to the Tidewater Bichon Frise Rescue.

 

For any of you on the forum who may not have read any of Judi's books yet, I highly recommend them.

 


Thanks, Fricka! There's a new thread here with more details - apparently she's been in a diabetic coma for several months. I met her once, and she was really nice. So sad!

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,675
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to the B&N Mystery Forum - Introduce Yourself!