becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to the B&N Mystery Forum - Introduce Yourself!

Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

:catsurprised::catfrustrated::cathappy::catvery-happy::catlol:

I wish I could teach my cats to do that!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
becke_davis
0 Kudos

dulcinea3 wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

:catsurprised::catfrustrated::cathappy::catvery-happy::catlol:

I wish I could teach my cats to do that!!!

My cat's old - he pretty much just eats and sleeps now.

Author
lovesreading1
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone--Glad to be back here in the Introductions!  I'm a crime novelist and love Barnes & Noble bookclubs...so here we go with my latest announcement:

You Are Next  Ebook is 99 cents for a limited time!

USA Today and International bestselling author "Katia Lief skillfully weaves a complex tale of an emotionally scarred central character, nail-biting suspense, and a diabolical killer that will grip you until the very last page. I can't wait for the next Detective Karin Schaeffer thriller." -Richard Montanari, Sunday Times bestselling author

The first novel (ebook) in the Karin Schaeffer series, You Are Next , was just put on sale for 99 cents:
Former detective Karin Schaeffer lost her husband and child to a serial killer, and now fights to overcome despair and save her remaining loved ones as the clock ticks on all their lives.

Book 2, Next Time You See Me, is on sale for $2.99:
Just when their new life together has settled in, Mac vanishes, unearthing secrets and dangers that force Karin into a face-off with a deadly Mexican queenpin whose son has an agenda of his own.

Book 3, Vanishing Girls  , is coming on June 26...and it's on pre-sale for $3.99:
Girls are vanishing off the streets of New York City, and young women are being murdered. When the violence descends on Karin Schaeffer and Mac MacLeary's comfortable Brooklyn neighborhood, and their best friend becomes the lead investigator, they are drawn into the bewildering series of crimes.

IF YOU LOVE THE KARIN SCHAEFFER SERIES, OR THINK YOU WOULD, THIS IS A GREAT TIME TO GET YOUR E-BOOKS.

You Are Next  

Next Time You See Me  

Vanishing Girls  

"Mesmerizing." -Lisa Gardner, NYT bestselling author

“I can always count on Katia Lief for gripping, twist-filled psychological suspense.” -Wendy Corsi Staub, NYT bestselling author

"Suspense at a high level." -Midwest Book Review

"Taut, clean storytelling." -Publishers Weekly

"An exhilarating thriller." -Harriet Klausner, The Mystery Gazette

"Lief pens a diabolically brilliant story and takes us on an amazing, wild ride." -Terri Ann Armstrong, Suspense Magazine

Author
mary_kennedy
0 Kudos

These look wonderful! I love thrillers and will get them today!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Morning! Happy Tuesday! :smileyhappy:
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Contributor
Jack_Sussek
0 Kudos

Hi! My name is Jack Sussek and I'm an author of a new mystery-thriller titled, 'Manhattan Affair'. It's a tale of New York City nostalgia mixed with murder and sex, a world of secrets and lies which entwine the lives of three former New England college classmates: Jared “Jed” Chase, Steve Cahill, and Morris Bergman.

Kirkus Reviews says, "A smart, thrilling medley of twisted relationships, unrequited love and closely guarded secrets. A wickedly suspenseful thriller." 

I currently live in New York City and love exploring the city sharing pictures from the city on my Facebook page. You can find me on various social media and book club sites under my name.

Looking forward to sharing this book with you all - Hope we did this right!

Twitter: www.twitter.com/JackSussek

Facebook: www.facebook.com/ManhattanAffair

Shelfari: www.shelfari.com/JackSussek

Goodreads: goodreads.com/jacksussek

Author of the latest fiction mystery-thriller: "Manhattan Affair"
becke_davis

Jack_Sussek wrote:

Hi! My name is Jack Sussek and I'm an author of a new mystery-thriller titled, 'Manhattan Affair'. It's a tale of New York City nostalgia mixed with murder and sex, a world of secrets and lies which entwine the lives of three former New England college classmates: Jared “Jed” Chase, Steve Cahill, and Morris Bergman.

Kirkus Reviews says, "A smart, thrilling medley of twisted relationships, unrequited love and closely guarded secrets. A wickedly suspenseful thriller." 

I currently live in New York City and love exploring the city sharing pictures from the city on my Facebook page. You can find me on various social media and book club sites under my name.

Looking forward to sharing this book with you all - Hope we did this right!

Twitter: www.twitter.com/JackSussek

Facebook: www.facebook.com/ManhattanAffair

Shelfari: www.shelfari.com/JackSussek

Goodreads: goodreads.com/jacksussek

Manhattan Affair  

Hi Jack - Thanks for joining us! Here's a link to Jack's book on Nook.

Author
mary_kennedy

Manhattan Affair

Congratulations on MANHATTAN AFFAIR (and on the fabulous Kirkus review.) Loved the photos on your website, they're amazing. Hope everyone takes a moment to check them out. Makes me feel nostalgic...

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Hi everyone - since this is often the first thread visitors to this page check out, I've moved a lot of our more personal discussions to a new thread.

I don't want to stop the conversation, just move it to a better place. You'll find it here:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Mystery/Get-Well-Wishes-and-More/m-p/1308535/message-uid/1308...

Contributor
Jack_Sussek
0 Kudos

Re: Manhattan Affair

Thank you Mary!!!

Author
mary_kennedy
0 Kudos

Did you always know Manhattan would be the setting for your mystery? It's perfect.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

mary_kennedy wrote:

Did you always know Manhattan would be the setting for your mystery? It's perfect.

Wasn't that old TV show The Naked City set in Manhattan? I still remember the line, "There are a million stories in The Naked City..." So true! You can't go wrong with any part of NYC.

Author
mary_kennedy
0 Kudos

Yes, The Naked City--and you're righ,t that is a great line. There's something magical about Manhattan. I remember a critic writing a review of one of Woody Allen's movies said, "it makes you feel nostalgic for New York, even if you've never lived there."

becke_davis
0 Kudos

mary_kennedy wrote:

Yes, The Naked City--and you're righ,t that is a great line. There's something magical about Manhattan. I remember a critic writing a review of one of Woody Allen's movies said, "it makes you feel nostalgic for New York, even if you've never lived there."

There's a thread on Library Thing about Mysteries Set in New York. Fun idea! Here's the link:

http://www.librarything.com/topic/12205

Contributor
Jack_Sussek
0 Kudos

Thanks Becke, this looks my kind of community!

Contributor
Jack_Sussek
0 Kudos

Thanks Mary. There are some good photo's on the facebook page as well.  www.facebook.com/manhattanaffair  If you like them please like the page!!

Contributor
Jack_Sussek
0 Kudos

Actually, the line was "There are 8 million stories in the naked city." 

I guess I always knew Manhattan would be the setting; the way the story started  was from an idea I had while I was sitting at the bar in the old LION"S HEAD in Greenwich Village almost 20 years ago. I was watching a very pretty young woman while I waited for a friend to show up, he was late, and as I watched this woman, who obviously was waiting for someone as well, I suddenly saw a young man come and walk over to her and sit down. They ordered martini's and that was it. I began to imagine what they were talking about, the body language was somewhat sensual so I started imaging what their relationship was; they certainly were not married and perhaps not even 'seeing' each other, but I was intrigued with the whole scene. Then they left but I kept thinking about them. As for the rest of it; the story takes place in the 1990's which to me was a very different kind of New York than the New York after 2001 and so the story is partly about that too.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Jack_Sussek wrote:

Actually, the line was "There are 8 million stories in the naked city." 

I guess I always knew Manhattan would be the setting; the way the story started  was from an idea I had while I was sitting at the bar in the old LION"S HEAD in Greenwich Village almost 20 years ago. I was watching a very pretty young woman while I waited for a friend to show up, he was late, and as I watched this woman, who obviously was waiting for someone as well, I suddenly saw a young man come and walk over to her and sit down. They ordered martini's and that was it. I began to imagine what they were talking about, the body language was somewhat sensual so I started imaging what their relationship was; they certainly were not married and perhaps not even 'seeing' each other, but I was intrigued with the whole scene. Then they left but I kept thinking about them. As for the rest of it; the story takes place in the 1990's which to me was a very different kind of New York than the New York after 2001 and so the story is partly about that too.

Thanks for the follow-up, Jack!