Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

Re: Happy Spring!

GS2991 wrote:
Morrning! Happy Thursday!

Humph! Thanks, harbinger of Cheer! Backatcha! I am repeating my Sam Goldwyn mantra:

" It floats off my back like a duck." Heee Heee!

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

Re: Suzanne Brockmann Release Day!

mary_kennedy wrote:

Debbie did such a nice interview with Suzanne, I just left a comment. Thanks for alerting us to this, Becke!

Ditto. Just finished reading Deb's interview and though I did not leave a comment there, I think Deb did a great job interviewing Suzanne.

Jack, have to say I agree with your comment that Mondays can be daunting. Wouldn't it be great if sometime all the people who like to read books just took a Monday off, at the same time? Anyway, I also like the idea of just staying home and curling up with a good book--add a nice cuppa tea to that, and I am super content.

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Fricka wrote:

mary_kennedy wrote:

Debbie did such a nice interview with Suzanne, I just left a comment. Thanks for alerting us to this, Becke!

Ditto. Just finished reading Deb's interview and though I did not leave a comment there, I think Deb did a great job interviewing Suzanne.

Jack, have to say I agree with your comment that Mondays can be daunting. Wouldn't it be great if sometime all the people who like to read books just took a Monday off, at the same time? Anyway, I also like the idea of just staying home and curling up with a good book--add a nice cuppa tea to that, and I am super content.

Thanks Fricka :smileyhappy:

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Morning! Happy Friday!!!! :smileywink:
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
becke_davis
0 Kudos

GS2991 wrote:
Morning! Happy Friday!!!! :smileywink:

How can it be Friday already?

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Hmmm voodoo? So how many of you are gona party all weekend? Come on I won't tell...
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

GS2991 wrote:
Hmmm voodoo? So how many of you are gona party all weekend? Come on I won't tell...

I'm going to a baby shower on Sunday. That's the extent of the excitement for my weekend!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

GS2991 wrote:

I'm going to a baby shower on Sunday. That's the extent of the excitement for my weekend!

What a coincidence, becke! So am I! My niece is expecting a baby boy in May, and one of her close friends is giving a baby shower for her this Sunday. This will be the second Great-grand-child for my parents, and both babies will have 2012 birthdates. My Great-grand- niece ( Nephew's baby)was just born in January, so I bet she and her cousin will be really close as they grow up.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Well you two have a great weekend.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

GS2991 wrote:
Well you two have a great weekend.

Thanks, Holly. What about YOU? Got any great plans for the weekend? Are you going to see "The Hunger Games?" Anyone else on the forum planning to see the film this weekend? I know a bunch of us have read the books!

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Me? Well The Hunger Games I want to see really really really really bad!! I read the first two books. Little to mushy the second one. But I did enjoy them. But I'll probably be stuck here doing chores all weekend like every other weekend. And hope I get some writing and reading in.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Fricka wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

GS2991 wrote:

What a coincidence, becke! So am I! My niece is expecting a baby boy in May, and one of her close friends is giving a baby shower for her this Sunday. This will be the second Great-grand-child for my parents, and both babies will have 2012 birthdates. My Great-grand- niece ( Nephew's baby)was just born in January, so I bet she and her cousin will be really close as they grow up.

My great niece turns one next month - I can't believe it's been a whole year! Another niece is expecting - she's having a boy around the end of August.

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Went to a wine dinner Friday night - staying overnight at the Inn and having a Country Breakfast in the morning. Then we are going to New York to see Mary Poppins and dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant, Marchi's, on the east side at 2nd Ave and 31st St.
Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Good Mornin! Happa Saturday! And have a great weekend!
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

eadieburke wrote:
Went to a wine dinner Friday night - staying overnight at the Inn and having a Country Breakfast in the morning. Then we are going to New York to see Mary Poppins and dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant, Marchi's, on the east side at 2nd Ave and 31st St.

That sounds wonderful, eadie. Now, that would be Mary Poppins, the broadway production, right? I'd be interested in hearing what you think of it after you see it. Of course, the film had areas that would be hard to replicate, like the mixed animation and live actors, but there's still room for a lot of great singing and dance numbers, like Chim-Chininey-Cheroo, which led into that great rooftop piece with all the chimney-sweeps. I do wonder how they would manage the "Feed the birds" scene. Hard to think about them getting that many live pigeons on stage! Anyway, enjoy the show and your Italian food!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

eadieburke wrote:

My husband and daughter saw Mary Poppins in London - they loved it!

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Hunger Games

[ Edited ]

Seen THE HUNGER GAMES on IMAX today!!!!! Wow. Awesome. Close to the book to I'm impressed. Now I would be happy to see that AGAIN!

Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Hunger Games

[ Edited ]

GS2991 wrote:
Seen THE HUNGER GAMES on IMAX today!!!!! Wow. Awesome. Close to the book to I'm impressed. Now I would be happy to see that AGAIN!

I think my daughter's going to see it today. My husband read the book yesterday - never thought he'd read it, since he rarely reads fiction.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Re: Hunger Games

There was a few things I would have liked to see added. But I do think they did a great job packing so much into a movie. It was fast and full of action. Awesome! I enjoyed it. Also seen some adds which look really cool.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Contributor
charlie75
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to the B&N Mystery Forum - Introduce Yourself!

My name is Mary Firming and I am the author of Deadly Pleasures a mystery/thriller.  I just read your passage about the Reading Room and I wanted to cry!  To me that is my version of Heaven.  I was born in England and while I did not live in a manor house, my school had a room that was similar to yours. It was a place of dreaming.  Also, in Ireland, I became friends with an Irish Squire who had a house matching your description.  And you can imagine my delight when I found actual suits of armor all about the place. I have been a lover of mysteries since I was a child, and that is also a long time back for me Becke. I would be honored to be a member of your group so just let me know what I have to do. I am also a member of the James Mason Book Club which I find very interesting and eclectic.  I am now living in the California Desert not far from Palm Springs in Rancho Mirage, so I am a long way from the manor house and need your guidance to keep it fresh in my mind.  I am now working on a book called Deadly Secrets, part of a Deadly Trilogy.  You can check out my book at www.maryfirmin.com or http://maryfirmin.blogspot.com.

Please let me know the next step.  Mary Firmin