becke_davis

Re: Welcome to the B&N Mystery Forum - Introduce Yourself!

writerfire wrote:
Secretly?
Ask anybody I'm the bad influence!
hahahahaha

Wordsmith
writerfire

Hahahaha hi Becke!
Well after a lot of headaches and fustration.
I fiiiiiiiiiinally get a set date to get me teeth out! August 3! All 4 at once and I get knocked out soooooo wooo hoo!
The best surprize is one left untold.
Scribe
optic_i
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Holly that's the way to go ! :smileyhappy:

All at once , and before school starts !   

Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

writerfire wrote:
Hahahaha hi Becke!
I fiiiiiiiiiinally get a set date to get me teeth out! August 3! All 4 at once and I get knocked out soooooo wooo hoo!

Hmm.  Hmm.  This does not sound like a good time to me.  Newp.

Just FYI--if anyone is interested in Dragons of Wendal and is on Goodreads, I have a giveaway of 3 paperback copies going on:

http://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/show/28861-dragons-of-wendal

If you're interested, enter!  And add me to your TBR shelf! 

I have an ebook giveaway going on at LibraryThing:

http://www.librarything.com/er/list

You must scroll down quite a ways to find Dragons of Wendal on that one.

It's a cozy fantasy and of course there is a mystery to be solved!!!

Hope to see some of you enter and win!

Maria

Maria Schneider - My Nook Books
Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

BearMountainBooks wrote:

writerfire wrote:
Hahahaha hi Becke!

Hmm.  Hmm.  This does not sound like a good time to me.  Newp.

Just FYI--if anyone is interested in Dragons of Wendal and is on Goodreads, I have a giveaway of 3 paperback copies going on:

http://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/show/28861-dragons-of-wendal

If you're interested, enter!  And add me to your TBR shelf! 

I have an ebook giveaway going on at LibraryThing:

http://www.librarything.com/er/list

You must scroll down quite a ways to find Dragons of Wendal on that one.

It's a cozy fantasy and of course there is a mystery to be solved!!!

Hope to see some of you enter and win!

Maria

Sorry, Holly, I agree with Maria. That does not sound like a good idea to me. I am concerned about your receiving anasthesia and getting those four teeth removed while you are still recovering from your injury to your tongue and chin, especially since you haven't had any medical feedback on those injuries to date.

Maria,  thanks for the link and I would've joined in the contest, but it's hooked up to Facebook, and I don't "do" Facebook or Twitter. I do hope someone else from this forum enters and wins one of those books, though. :cattongue:

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

BTW, I went with my Dad to take my Mom to her appointment with her PCP yesterday. She finished taking the oral doses of Cipro, so hopefully she is out of the woods as far as the e-Coli infection is concerned. Her Dr. does want her to get some visits in the home from a physical therapist, just to make sure her balance is back on track. We had a person in the hospital indicate that she would be calling on us and making a visit to make sure we are set up so Mom  can get around the house all right. We've already done a lot of the things the therapist discussed, but I guess she could give some additional insight on how to keep Mom moving around a bit more. Anyway, her regular Dr. wants the same thing, so she told us that if the hospital does not follow up by next week to let her know, and she will see to it that we do get a therapist to visit Mom.(The reason behind the therapy is because Mom spent so much time in bed while she was in the hospital, her balance may be a bit lacking, so they want to make sure she is OK). The Dr. also told her no heavy lifting, and I asked about bending over, because Mom frequently will see something she thinks is out of place on the floor, and instead of getting Dad or me to take care of it, starts bending over to get it. So after I asked about bending over, the Dr. told her "No bending over, either." HAH! At least I contributed something to the Dr. visit!

Anwway, I'm still having to try to come to grips with cooking low-salt and low fat meals. Dad has taken to going for lunch at the local Sr. Center, and that means I don't have to prepare very large meals for lunch.

Also very sorry to hear about the shooting at the theater in Colorado. Scary!

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
Wordsmith
writerfire
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi guys!
Fricka hope your mom gets better.
I like the idea of getting all me teeth out in one trip. No more dr. visits! uhhhh! I rather just get it done and over with.
Anyway have a great weekend everyone!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Fricka wrote:

BTW, I went with my Dad to take my Mom to her appointment with her PCP yesterday. She finished taking the oral doses of Cipro, so hopefully she is out of the woods as far as the e-Coli infection is concerned. Her Dr. does want her to get some visits in the home from a physical therapist, just to make sure her balance is back on track. We had a person in the hospital indicate that she would be calling on us and making a visit to make sure we are set up so Mom  can get around the house all right. We've already done a lot of the things the therapist discussed, but I guess she could give some additional insight on how to keep Mom moving around a bit more. Anyway, her regular Dr. wants the same thing, so she told us that if the hospital does not follow up by next week to let her know, and she will see to it that we do get a therapist to visit Mom.(The reason behind the therapy is because Mom spent so much time in bed while she was in the hospital, her balance may be a bit lacking, so they want to make sure she is OK). The Dr. also told her no heavy lifting, and I asked about bending over, because Mom frequently will see something she thinks is out of place on the floor, and instead of getting Dad or me to take care of it, starts bending over to get it. So after I asked about bending over, the Dr. told her "No bending over, either." HAH! At least I contributed something to the Dr. visit!

Anwway, I'm still having to try to come to grips with cooking low-salt and low fat meals. Dad has taken to going for lunch at the local Sr. Center, and that means I don't have to prepare very large meals for lunch.

Also very sorry to hear about the shooting at the theater in Colorado. Scary!

Sounds like you're whole family is practically living at the hospital/dr.'s office these days! I'm glad things are improving for your mom.

The shooting last night was simply horrific. I feel so bad for the families who lost someone, and for all those people who were wounded!

Wordsmith
writerfire
0 Kudos

Yeah terrible shooting. Not good news.

Well have a great weekend all!
Contributor
REDonald
0 Kudos

Slow Curve on the Coquihalla  

I've had some great news since I last posted.  The second novel in my Hunter Rayne highway mystery series, ICE ON THE GRAPEVINE, has been selected by the judges as a finalist for the 2012 Global Ebook Award in the mystery category.  I plan to go to the awards presentations in Santa Barbara, California and am sure I will enjoy the experience, whether or not my novel wins.

The first novel in the series, SLOW CURVE ON THE COQUIHALLA, is out in paperback as well as in the ebook edition, and my second one will be out in paperback soon.  I'll be sure to let you know!  I've had a few readers tell me they keep checking to see if my third novel is out, but I'm afraid it will be several months yet before it comes out.

R.E. Donald, author of the Hunter Rayne highway mystery series
Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

Just FYI--the contest is not hooked to facebook!  You should be able to uncheck that box.  I enter all the time and am not hooked up to facebook.  A lot of people do join GR and use their facebook as their login.  That tends to make everything go through facebook.  If you are GR as just a regular (I am) then I think there's an option to tweet or facebook  but it isn't mandatory.  You set those options in your profile.  I know I had to turn the facebook thing off because my relatives got tired of seeing all my book comments!  I had no idea they were going on facebook!  I am on several book discussion groups and do you know that my SIL did not necessarily want to know my every book comment?  Unbelieveable, isn't it?  :smileyembarrassed:)

Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

Congrats on the good news!!

Fricka--hope things are still going well with your mom.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

REDonald wrote:

I've had some great news since I last posted.  The second novel in my Hunter Rayne highway mystery series, ICE ON THE GRAPEVINE, has been selected by the judges as a finalist for the 2012 Global Ebook Award in the mystery category.  I plan to go to the awards presentations in Santa Barbara, California and am sure I will enjoy the experience, whether or not my novel wins.

The first novel in the series, SLOW CURVE ON THE COQUIHALLA, is out in paperback as well as in the ebook edition, and my second one will be out in paperback soon.  I'll be sure to let you know!  I've had a few readers tell me they keep checking to see if my third novel is out, but I'm afraid it will be several months yet before it comes out.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

BearMountainBooks wrote:

Just FYI--the contest is not hooked to facebook!  You should be able to uncheck that box.  I enter all the time and am not hooked up to facebook.  A lot of people do join GR and use their facebook as their login.  That tends to make everything go through facebook.  If you are GR as just a regular (I am) then I think there's an option to tweet or facebook  but it isn't mandatory.  You set those options in your profile.  I know I had to turn the facebook thing off because my relatives got tired of seeing all my book comments!  I had no idea they were going on facebook!  I am on several book discussion groups and do you know that my SIL did not necessarily want to know my every book comment?  Unbelieveable, isn't it?  :smileyembarrassed:)

Thanks for the clarification, Maria. I just saw that huge Facebook Icon at the top, and thought that meant I had to join Facebook to get entered in the contest. I think I am now entered, and I put your name down on my add friends list.(Look at the last name when the request comes to you, and you'll know that's me, hah!) Sorry to admit my ignorance here, but what is SIL? I'm sure I must have seen that explained somewhere else, but it's not coming to me now. But gee whiz, if you're on a book discussion group, why wouldn't they not want to know your book comments? :catsurprised:

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

REDonald wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Ditto. That IS  great news, RED.  Good luck at the awards ceremony!

I'll be looking for that paperback version of Slow Curve now!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

I mean, why wouldn't they want to know? My editing went a bit awry, sorry.
Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

Hi Fricka, yes, I got the friend add!  Thanks!   I don't blame you one bit for not bothering with Facebook.  I really like GR.  It's a great place to keep track of books and notes, etc.  Love it. Just don't send your SIL your every update...

SIL - Sister in Law.  

I shouldn't use those because when I first saw them, I was terribly lost and confused.  Shoot, I'm still confused about some of them.  On another group I'm on, it took me months to figure out GD.   I had no idea who the woman was talking about.  Then I figured out it was Grand Daughter.  DD was dear daughter.  Another lady kept using SS.  I finally had to ask because no amount of reading the posts was cluing me in.  "Stepson!" 

Argh.

So, don't feel bad about asking at all.  It's my bad, not yours.

Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

Fricka wrote:

BearMountainBooks wrote:

Thanks for the clarification, Maria. I just saw that huge Facebook Icon at the top, and thought that meant I had to join Facebook to get entered in the contest. I think I am now entered, and I put your name down on my add friends list.(Look at the last name when the request comes to you, and you'll know that's me, hah!) Sorry to admit my ignorance here, but what is SIL? I'm sure I must have seen that explained somewhere else, but it's not coming to me now. But gee whiz, if you're on a book discussion group, why wouldn't they not want to know your book comments? :catsurprised:

Just to further clarify -- those who choose to be hooked to facebook through GR--every time I entered a comment on a GR book discussion, it would show up on my facebook page!!!  So people who are friends with me on Facebook (SIL) would see this post:  Maria just said she liked Frank Tuttle's book... or Maria just told the cozy group what she had for lunch...

There I was blasting my silliness all over the place and didn't even know it! 

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

BearMountainBooks wrote:

Maria:

I signed up for your book giveaway too! SIL - what can I say - family will do you in before you know it! LOL

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

Cool, I hope you win!!!