Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!

I had coleslaw for lunch...I don't think I like rye bread, but I've been thinking about locating a sour dough starter and giving sour dough a try.  In my spare time.  If I had any...

I don't know who started cozies or noir, but I'm really glad there are cozies and inbetween.  I'm not much of a noir reader although the oddball thriller can be noir and I'll enjoy it.  Ken Bruen writes some pretty intense noir (Ireland, is his home, I believe.)

Carol O'Connell writes some great American noir (no idea where she lives).  It's not *too* dark for me, and there's definitely some thriller to it.

I'm doing a giveaway on my blog over the next two weeks.  No noir books, but there are some cozies!!!

Becke, I can tell you're enjoying the heck out of your grandda.  What fun for you.  There's so much love in that room, I bet the walls buldge!!!

Maria Schneider - My Nook Books
becke_davis
0 Kudos

BearMountainBooks wrote:

I had coleslaw for lunch...I don't think I like rye bread, but I've been thinking about locating a sour dough starter and giving sour dough a try.  In my spare time.  If I had any...

I don't know who started cozies or noir, but I'm really glad there are cozies and inbetween.  I'm not much of a noir reader although the oddball thriller can be noir and I'll enjoy it.  Ken Bruen writes some pretty intense noir (Ireland, is his home, I believe.)

Carol O'Connell writes some great American noir (no idea where she lives).  It's not *too* dark for me, and there's definitely some thriller to it.

I'm doing a giveaway on my blog over the next two weeks.  No noir books, but there are some cozies!!!

Becke, I can tell you're enjoying the heck out of your grandda.  What fun for you.  There's so much love in that room, I bet the walls buldge!!!

I LOVE rye bread! I also really enjoy Carol O'Connell's books:

The Chalk Girl (Kathleen Mallory Series #10)  

Find Me (Kathleen Mallory Series #9)  

Winter House (Kathleen Mallory Series #8)  

Dead Famous (Kathleen Mallory Series #7)  

Crime School (Kathleen Mallory Series #6)  

Shell Game (Kathleen Mallory Series #5)  

Stone Angel (Kathleen Mallory Series #4)  

Killing Critics (Kathleen Mallory Series #3)  

The Man Who Cast Two Shadows (Kathleen Mallory Series #2)  

Mallory's Oracle (Kathleen Mallory Series #1)  

Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

I love rye bread, too, especially with seeds.  I also like oat bread and white bread.  I've never liked wheat bread, though.  I'm glad that they finally came out with whole grain white bread!  Now I don't feel so guilty eating it.  Surprisingly, most rye breads are not whole grain, but Pepperidge Farm does make one, so I get that once in a while.  For some reason, I especially like it with peanut butter.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Happy Thanksgiving to my friends at mystery!!

images.jpeg

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving to my friends at mystery!!

images.jpeg

Thank you, becke. I also wish all my friends here in the Mystery Forum a Happy Thanksgiving Day tomorrow.

I'm working today, then tomorrow I'll be going with my Mom and Dad out to my brother's home for the Thanksgiving meal. We have a lot to be thankful for this year, especially the addition to our family of the two babies, now 10 1/2 months and six months, respectively. We should have a fun day celebrating with our family!

Hope everyone else will also have a joyous day spent with family and friends.

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka

Ooops, make that Deb instead of becke. I guess I'm so used to becke posting greetings first, I didn't really pay attention to the avatar. Sorry about that, Deb!

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Fricka wrote:

Ooops, make that Deb instead of becke. I guess I'm so used to becke posting greetings first, I didn't really pay attention to the avatar. Sorry about that, Deb!

Quite alright Fricka. 

Enjoy your holiday :smileyhappy:

becke_davis
0 Kudos

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  I knee deep in preparations and looking for my head!  I seemed to have misplaced it!!!

Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
becke_davis
0 Kudos

dulcinea3 wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!!

Oooh, pretty!!

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

Maxine's Thanksgiving.jpg

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

turkeyveggieplatter.jpg

Turkey veggie platter is such a cute way to make sure there is one healthy appetizer!

For recipe visit:

http://positivemed.com/2012/11/20/turkey-veggie-platter/

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

pilgrimsexytalk.jpg

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

Don't know about the rest of you, but I ate too much!!!

Luckily it's nice out so I can do yardwork and work it off.  :smileyembarrassed:

Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

Okay, other than watering, I'm not getting much yardwork done.  Ptth.  Too tired from cooking? Or too lazy...

I'm giving away the short story:  Snitched, Snatched from my blog (I have an online store there--just go to the blog, click the online store tab, go to the bottom and add Snitched, Snatched to your cart.  Enter the coupon code!!!  and check out.)  

This is my "black Friday" special.  Snitched, Snatched is normally available via the B&N website for 99 cents.  Since it is nearly impossible to get things listed on sale/special or even free in any kind of reasonable coordinated effort at all retailers, I do it from my blog.  

The download is a zipped file of ePUB and .mobi.  Unzip and load to your e-reader and you're set.  Feel free to pass the word about the file and send people to the blog.

www.BearMountainBooks.com/store

It will be free from now until Christmas!

Maria

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving. Kim (Adaline's mama) did all the cooking - I just made a salad, set the table and did clean-up. We had ten people, including my parents - who decided to spend the night. That's why I've been off the computer for nearly two days!