becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to the B&N Mystery Forum - Introduce Yourself!

Author
mary_kennedy
0 Kudos

Hi Becke, wonderful intro!! Sorry to have dropped off the radar screen, I really enjoy the loop and promise to check back more frequently. Excited and happy that my good friend Duffy Brown has a new release out tomorrow, It's called Killer in Crinolines and it's book 2 in the Consignment Mysteries. I wrote a cover blurb for her first book in the series, ICED CHIFFON, so her books are dear to my heart. If anyone here loves cozies (and don't we all!) , I highly recommend it. I love the heroine, Reagan Summerside, she's clever, smart, quick-witted, everything a heroine should be! Hope all my fave authors and readers check in today. Becke, thanks for the shout-out in the intro. Happy Monday, everyone!

Author
mary_kennedy
0 Kudos

Forgot to say, I'd love to know what everyone's reading. May seems to be a big month for new releases!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

mary_kennedy wrote:

Hi Becke, wonderful intro!! Sorry to have dropped off the radar screen, I really enjoy the loop and promise to check back more frequently. Excited and happy that my good friend Duffy Brown has a new release out tomorrow, It's called Killer in Crinolines and it's book 2 in the Consignment Mysteries. I wrote a cover blurb for her first book in the series, ICED CHIFFON, so her books are dear to my heart. If anyone here loves cozies (and don't we all!) , I highly recommend it. I love the heroine, Reagan Summerside, she's clever, smart, quick-witted, everything a heroine should be! Hope all my fave authors and readers check in today. Becke, thanks for the shout-out in the intro. Happy Monday, everyone!

Hi Mary! *waves madly* Duffy is one of our featured guest this week! She's en route back to Ohio from Bethesda. I'm sad I couldn't make it to Malice this year!

Author
DuffyBrown
0 Kudos

Hi Mary and Becke.

Thanks for all the support for the Consignment Shop series. Mary was/is a huge help in getting me into cozies. Love her Talk Radio series. Terrific characters.

Consignment: Murder
Berkley Prime Crime
Ice Chiffon
Killer in Crinolines
Pearls and Poison
becke_davis
0 Kudos

DuffyBrown wrote:

Hi Mary and Becke.

Thanks for all the support for the Consignment Shop series. Mary was/is a huge help in getting me into cozies. Love her Talk Radio series. Terrific characters.

I love Mary's books, too - and I'm looking forward to reading her new series! 

Author
mary_kennedy
0 Kudos

Duffy's current series and my new series are both set in Savannah, so I think we need to kidnap you, Becke and it's time for a ROAD TRIP! Would that be fun, or what? Either that or just fly somewhere down that way in the name of (ahem) research <G> If only there weren't deadlines (sigh.) How does anyone ever escape to have fun? I haven't figured it out yet.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

mary_kennedy wrote:

Duffy's current series and my new series are both set in Savannah, so I think we need to kidnap you, Becke and it's time for a ROAD TRIP! Would that be fun, or what? Either that or just fly somewhere down that way in the name of (ahem) research <G> If only there weren't deadlines (sigh.) How does anyone ever escape to have fun? I haven't figured it out yet.

That would be a blast! I love going on road trips with Duffy. Our last trip was memorable, in part because at one point we were so engrossed in our conversation we nearly ran out of gas! We were in the middle of nowhere and literally coasted into a gas station when we finally find one. It was hilarious, looking back on it, but pretty nerve-wracking at the time!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

becke, my grand-nephew was born on May 5, Cinco de Mayo last year. We just celebrated his first-year birthday anniversary. Because of his birthdate, my parents and I call him the "Cinco de Mayo baby" and that means we should never have to worry about remembering when his birthday is! :smileywink:

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
Author
DuffyBrown
0 Kudos

A roadtrip to Savannah would be amazing esp since Mary's book is set there as well. No place else like it. And such great food!

Berkley Prime Crime
Ice Chiffon
Killer in Crinolines
Pearls and Poison
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Fricka wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

becke, my grand-nephew was born on May 5, Cinco de Mayo last year. We just celebrated his first-year birthday anniversary. Because of his birthdate, my parents and I call him the "Cinco de Mayo baby" and that means we should never have to worry about remembering when his birthday is! :smileywink:

What fun! My niece's daughter just turned two, and my other niece's little boy turns one in August. And Adaline turns one on August 3rd. I can't believe how fast this year has flown!

Author
DuffyBrown
0 Kudos

A roadtrip with a group of gals would be so much fun. We can do drinks at Jens and Friends...they have all kinds of martinis like Snicker martinis, strawberry shortcake etc. Too much fun!

Berkley Prime Crime
Ice Chiffon
Killer in Crinolines
Pearls and Poison
Author
mary_kennedy
0 Kudos

A road trip sounds good! I love Savannah and haven't been back there in years.

Author
mary_kennedy
0 Kudos

Fricka, congrats on the first birthday of your grand-nephew! I bet he is adorable, that is such a cute age! They're delighted by everything.

Author
mary_kennedy
0 Kudos

Strawberry martinins, Duffy? I love it! We can pretend they're healthy!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

mary_kennedy wrote:

Hello Strawberries are healthy :smileyhappy:

Hi Mary and Duffy and Becke and all my mystery friends :smileyhappy:

becke_davis
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

mary_kennedy wrote:

Sounds like we need to have a big Mystery get-together in Savannah. I wonder if Bouchercon has been there? Hmmmm...

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

mary_kennedy wrote:

Sounds like we need to have a big Mystery get-together in Savannah. I wonder if Bouchercon has been there? Hmmmm...

Hey, I've always wanted to visit Savannah, so I would love to be included in a Mystery get-together there. Plus, there are several new mystery books set there. We could bring our fave books set in Savannah to discuss. The authors could get details they could include for future books, too. I couldn't have a Strawberry Martini(the seeds wreak havoc on my IBS) but a Peach or Mango Margarita would be an acceptable substitute. becke, do I sense that you are thinking of setting wheels in motion for Bouchercon(or maybe a similar Mystery Convention) to be located in Savannah? That would be AWESOME!

When my nephew and his wife were located in Jacksonville, Florida, I had the fond hope that I would be able to one day combine a visit there with a short road trip to Savannah. Alas, that did not happen, and my nephew and his family now live in a Phoenix suburb.( Not complaining as I get to see my grand-niece more often, but my plans for visiting Savannah have yet to become realistic.)

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

mary_kennedy wrote:

Fricka, congrats on the first birthday of your grand-nephew! I bet he is adorable, that is such a cute age! They're delighted by everything.

Thanks, Mary. Yes, it was fun. We all were in stages of giggle fits when my niece put her son, the birthday boy, in a high chair to enjoy his birthday cupcake, and he just sat there looking at it wondering what to do. Then he started fingering it, obviously wondering what the heck this thing was. It wasn't until my niece -in-law, holding her 14-month old daughter, his cousin, held out a cupcake to her, and the little girl knowlingly took a large lick off the frosting, that grand-nephew figured out cupcake was FOOD! Soooo funny! Besides a large green ballon ball that fascinated my nephew (AND his cousin!) the thing he enjoyed the most was the wrapping paper!!!! Ahhh, babies!!!!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Fricka wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

mary_kennedy wrote:

Hey, I've always wanted to visit Savannah, so I would love to be included in a Mystery get-together there. Plus, there are several new mystery books set there. We could bring our fave books set in Savannah to discuss. The authors could get details they could include for future books, too. I couldn't have a Strawberry Martini(the seeds wreak havoc on my IBS) but a Peach or Mango Margarita would be an acceptable substitute. becke, do I sense that you are thinking of setting wheels in motion for Bouchercon(or maybe a similar Mystery Convention) to be located in Savannah? That would be AWESOME!

When my nephew and his wife were located in Jacksonville, Florida, I had the fond hope that I would be able to one day combine a visit there with a short road trip to Savannah. Alas, that did not happen, and my nephew and his family now live in a Phoenix suburb.( Not complaining as I get to see my grand-niece more often, but my plans for visiting Savannah have yet to become realistic.)

I can't do it this year but maybe next year. Wouldn't that be a blast???