Author
Dianne_Emley
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to the Mystery Book Club - Introduce Yourself!

L.C., some police departments have very active volunteer programs like Pasadena does. Just depends. It's certainly been interesting. 

Thanks for commenting.

Dianne

Author
Dianne_Emley
0 Kudos

Your police volunteer aunt is awesome, Becke! Volunteers are a police resource as they free up officers to be on the streets and get bad guys.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Dianne_Emley wrote:

Your police volunteer aunt is awesome, Becke! Volunteers are a police resource as they free up officers to be on the streets and get bad guys.

She's almost 88 now so she doesn't do it anymore, but I know she really enjoyed it!

Author
LCEvans
0 Kudos

I would love to volunteer with my local PD, but sadly family commitments do not permit. But who's to say? That could change at some time in the future. And I think that's great about your aunt. She sounds like an interesting woman who's open to trying new things.

L.C. Evans

Jobless Recovery 

We Interrupt This Date 

Night Camp 

becke_davis
0 Kudos

LCEvans wrote:

I would love to volunteer with my local PD, but sadly family commitments do not permit. But who's to say? That could change at some time in the future. And I think that's great about your aunt. She sounds like an interesting woman who's open to trying new things.

L.C. Evans

Jobless Recovery 

We Interrupt This Date 

Night Camp 

My aunt is an amazing woman! She was in the WAVES, stationed in the South Pacific in WWII. I want to be like her when I grow up! ;-)

becke_davis

This is off-topic, but I have some news: I've just joined the team at Romance University, a blog for writers. Here's the link: http://romanceuniversity.org/2011/01/11/romance-university-in-2011-2/

Reader 4
scribe78
0 Kudos

Re: Hello from Joshua Graham (Welcome to the Mystery Book Club - Introduce Yourself!)

Hello everyone!

I was asked to introduce myself and my books to you all and I'm grateful for the opportunity.  My name is Joshua Graham and I'm the author of the bestselling legal thriller BEYOND JUSTICE, described as a book in the vein of John Grisham, with a twist of Stephen King.

It was a semifinalist in the first annual Amazon Breakout Novels Awards in 2008.  PUBLISHERS WEEKLY described BEYOND JUSTICE as:

“…A riveting legal thriller…. breaking new ground with a vengeance… demonically entertaining and surprisingly inspiring.”

Suspense Magazine listed it on its BEST OF 2010 along with bestselling titles by Scott Turrow, Ted Dekker, Steven James, and Brad Thor.

In November, it held the #1 spot in bestselling legal thrillers, and bestselling Christian Thrillers for B&N nookbooks.  Currently 4 of my ebooks hold the #1,#3,#5, and #7 position in bestselling Christian Thriller nookbooks, despite the fact that they are not marketed exclusively as "Christian Fiction."

My books tend to explore areas of faith and belief, but not the way a CBD book might.  They are written for the general public, so a reader need not be a religious person to enjoy them.  Based on copious feedback from my fans, the latter seems to be true.

I love interacting with my readers and have a pretty wide presence on the official Nook fan page on facebook.

Thanks for giving me the chance to introduce myself and my books to you.  I hope to interact with everyone in the near future.

Joshua Graham

www.joshua-graham.com

BEYOND JUSTICE: $2.99 for nook.

Trade Paperback (Autographed by the author) : $16.99

Connect on facebook, twitter: @J0shuaGraham

Official Facebook fan page for BEYOND JUSTICE

BEYOND JUSTICE by Joshua Graham

Joshua Graham's B&N Titles: bit.ly/f3wWa1
BEYOND JUSTICE
Nook: http://bit.ly/eIGE7I
Trade Paperback: http://bit.ly/gflFkm
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Hello from Joshua Graham (Welcome to the Mystery Book Club - Introduce Yourself!)

scribe78 wrote:

Hello everyone!

I was asked to introduce myself and my books to you all and I'm grateful for the opportunity.  My name is Joshua Graham and I'm the author of the bestselling legal thriller BEYOND JUSTICE, described as a book in the vein of John Grisham, with a twist of Stephen King.

It was a semifinalist in the first annual Amazon Breakout Novels Awards in 2008.  PUBLISHERS WEEKLY described BEYOND JUSTICE as:

“…A riveting legal thriller…. breaking new ground with a vengeance… demonically entertaining and surprisingly inspiring.”

Suspense Magazine listed it on its BEST OF 2010 along with bestselling titles by Scott Turrow, Ted Dekker, Steven James, and Brad Thor.

In November, it held the #1 spot in bestselling legal thrillers, and bestselling Christian Thrillers for B&N nookbooks.  Currently 4 of my ebooks hold the #1,#3,#5, and #7 position in bestselling Christian Thriller nookbooks, despite the fact that they are not marketed exclusively as "Christian Fiction."

My books tend to explore areas of faith and belief, but not the way a CBD book might.  They are written for the general public, so a reader need not be a religious person to enjoy them.  Based on copious feedback from my fans, the latter seems to be true.

I love interacting with my readers and have a pretty wide presence on the official Nook fan page on facebook.

Thanks for giving me the chance to introduce myself and my books to you.  I hope to interact with everyone in the near future.

Joshua Graham

www.joshua-graham.com

Hi Joshua - welcome to B&N's Mystery Book Club! Despite the name, it's more of a forum or chat room for mystery lovers. We have lots of readers and authors here - thanks so much for joining us! Will this book be part of a series or is it a stand-alone?

dhaupt
0 Kudos

scribe78 wrote:

Hello everyone!

Joshua Graham

www.joshua-graham.com

Hi Joshua, that's quite a comparison and sounds like something right up my alley.

Welcome

Reader 4
scribe78
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Hi Joshua - welcome to B&N's Mystery Book Club! Despite the name, it's more of a forum or chat room for mystery lovers. We have lots of readers and authors here - thanks so much for joining us! Will this book be part of a series or is it a stand-alone?

Thanks!  It was written as a standalone book, but there are always possibilities.  I had conceived a few possible sequels, but other projects came up.  Of course, to editorial demand, I will always consider writing a series.  Great to be here!

BEYOND JUSTICE
Reader 4
scribe78
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Hi Joshua, that's quite a comparison and sounds like something right up my alley.

Welcome

Thanks Debbie,

It is a bold comparision and quoted not out of hubris but to give an idea of the unique blending of genres.  Glad it's something you'd enjoy.  I do provide review copies to review sites that are interested and welcome a private message for those interested.

Thanks again for the warm welcome!  :smileyhappy:

BEYOND JUSTICE
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Author
DuffyBrown
0 Kudos

Hi, Becky!

I found you and the Mystery Book Club.

January in Cincinnati with all the snow and cold is a great time to get a good mystery and read by the fire. I'm a cozy mystery fan but once in a while the edgier stuff is okay too.

I love the Stephanie Plum books and Mary Kennedy's books. Dead Air is a fun read.

I love to watch Castle on TV and the new Sherlock Holmes series where he and Watson are in modern day London. Nice fresh twist.

I look forward to chatting it up with all the mystery readers and writers here. I have two cats, Spooky and Dr. Watson. I'm a mystery gal all the way.

Hugs, Duffy Brown

Consignment: Murder
Berkley Prime Crime
Ice Chiffon
Killer in Crinolines
Pearls and Poison
becke_davis
0 Kudos

DuffyBrown wrote:

Hi, Becky!

I found you and the Mystery Book Club.

January in Cincinnati with all the snow and cold is a great time to get a good mystery and read by the fire. I'm a cozy mystery fan but once in a while the edgier stuff is okay too.

I love the Stephanie Plum books and Mary Kennedy's books. Dead Air is a fun read.

I love to watch Castle on TV and the new Sherlock Holmes series where he and Watson are in modern day London. Nice fresh twist.

I look forward to chatting it up with all the mystery readers and writers here. I have two cats, Spooky and Dr. Watson. I'm a mystery gal all the way.

Hugs, Duffy Brown

Duffy - hurray! Thanks so much for stopping by!

A lot of our regulars will recognize your name, since you gave me those cool compasses and cards with information about your new book. Duffy will be featured in a few months when her book, ICED CHIFFON, comes out. I've had a sneak peek - you're going to love it!

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

Welcome Duffy:

Can't wait to read your new book, ICED CHIFFON. Sounds wonderful! Thanks for stopping by and visiting with us. Looking forward to chatting with you in the future!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Inspired Wordsmith
kimba88
0 Kudos

DuffyBrown wrote: I love to watch Castle on TV and the new Sherlock Holmes series where he and Watson are in modern day London. Nice fresh twist.

Hi Duffy,

Welcome to the Mystery Book Club. I love Castle and have read the books as well. I too watch the new Sherlock Holmes. Its a part of Masterpiece Mystery.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

Welcome, Joshua and Duffy. Your books sound very interesting, so I will be adding the titles listed here to my TBR pile. *sigh* (Like I don't already have a pile to go through--that just got a bit bigger!)

becke, that is sad news indeed about the Mystery Bookshop closing. While I don't live in the part of the country where that is located, I feel troubled about any bookstore having to close. They have been an important part of our American culture, and I hope they are not going to go the way of the Buffalo! In the past decade, I have seen several  bookstores in my area closed down. Bookstar, Waldenbooks, and B.Dalton were all places I enjoyed visiting and buying books and magazines. Now I read that Borders is on the verge of bankruptcy and may end up merging with Barnes and Noble. Nothing against B&N; in fact, I love browsing and buying books both on the online and in-store locations. However, competition is more healthy than a monopoly. What is going to happen if B/N is the last major group to have actual stores that customers can browse through and look through books? Will it then gradually phase out the stores and offer customers only the online option? Barney the lone buffalo seems a lot sadder to me than when he is the king of his herd!

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I think we all feel that the loss of ANY book store hurts us all!

Contributor
Ktee
0 Kudos

Hi.  I'm KTee and I love books by Coben, Child, Crais, and Parker.  I love the Spenser series and the Elvis Cole series.  Do those fit in with 'mystery', or 'thriller' ?  Does anyone know any similar authors?  I don't like overdone 'blood and gore' and don't really like entering the mind of a deranged psyco serial killer.  Tho...there are times when I find James Rollins and Preston/Childs books very entertaining.  Perhaps those are a bit too fantastical to bother me much.

I am a retired teacher and am loving my nook.  It is a great companion on these cold, snowy days of January.

Author
WS_Gager
0 Kudos

Hello Duffy. Are you going to Love is Murder? Maybe we can connect.

Wendy

W.S. Gager