Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
Jimcolombo
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to the Mystery Book Club - Introduce Yourself!

good morning to all,

and congrats to you Amanda on the release of your new book. Best of luck with it!

Jim Colombo

The Keys to the Vault

Inspired Wordsmith
basson_mommy12
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Hi Cheryl - you've discovered the problem with the Mystery Book Club. It makes you want to buy/read more books!

Of course!  That's the master plan! 
"The Answer to the Great Question of ... Life, the Universe and Everything ... (is) 42." -- Douglas Adams' "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Ruth W.
Grand Rapids, MI
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

AMayFlower wrote:

Hi Becke,

You have a great site here to learn about new and old mysteries.  I’ve been a mystery fan since I was child and have always dreamed of being a mystery author.  Now, I am!  My debut cozy mystery, Maid of Murder  , was released from Five Star, Gale/Cengage on June 16, 2010.  The novel is available through Barnes and Noble.  

Thanks for creating this book club.  I enjoyed stopping by!

- Amanda Flower

In Maid of Murder, India Hayes, a college librarian and reluctant bridesmaid, is thrown into the role of amateur sleuth as she hunts down the person who murdered her childhood friend and framed her brother for the crime.

When bride-to-be Olivia turns up dead in the Martin College fountain and the evidence points to India’s brother Mark, India must unmask the real culprit while juggling a furious Mother of the Bride, an annoying Maid of Honor, a set of hippie-generation parents, a police detective who is showing a marked liking for her, and a provost itching to fire someone, anyone—maybe even a smart-mouthed librarian.

“The first bud in a new series that fans of Donna Andrews's lighthearted Meg Langslow mysteries will be eager to see bloom.”-Kirkus Reviews

Amanda,

I will look for your bookd when it comes out. Be sure to stop by and tell us how the release goes.

Luanne

dhaupt
0 Kudos

AMayFlower wrote:

Hi Becke,

You have a great site here to learn about new and old mysteries.  I’ve been a mystery fan since I was child and have always dreamed of being a mystery author.  Now, I am!  My debut cozy mystery, Maid of Murder  , was released from Five Star, Gale/Cengage on June 16, 2010.  The novel is available through Barnes and Noble.  

Thanks for creating this book club.  I enjoyed stopping by!

- Amanda Flower

In Maid of Murder, India Hayes, a college librarian and reluctant bridesmaid, is thrown into the role of amateur sleuth as she hunts down the person who murdered her childhood friend and framed her brother for the crime.

When bride-to-be Olivia turns up dead in the Martin College fountain and the evidence points to India’s brother Mark, India must unmask the real culprit while juggling a furious Mother of the Bride, an annoying Maid of Honor, a set of hippie-generation parents, a police detective who is showing a marked liking for her, and a provost itching to fire someone, anyone—maybe even a smart-mouthed librarian.

“The first bud in a new series that fans of Donna Andrews's lighthearted Meg Langslow mysteries will be eager to see bloom.”-Kirkus Reviews

Amanda, Hi. Your book looks great. Thanks for stopping by. Isn't Becke great.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Thanks, Debbie! *blushes madly*

Frequent Contributor
Clea_Simon
0 Kudos

Probable Claws Hi everyone!

I'm the author of two cozy mystery series - the Theda Krakow books with Poisoned Pen Press and the Dulcie Schwartz series with Severn House  - and I'm about to start a third: the Pru Marlowe Pet Noir series (with Poisoned Pen). What's "pet noir"? Well, imagine a bad-girl animal psychic with an attitude - but not as much attitude as her grouchy old tabby, Wallis, and you get the idea. My pet noir debuts next spring with "Dogs Don't Lie" (yup, I'm not "species-ist" and in this one, Pru helps an innocent dog out of a jam. Wallis, her cat, is ambivalent about the whole matter!)

Grey Matters

"Probable Claws," April '09
"Shades of Grey," Sept. '09
http://www.cleasimon.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Clea - great to see you! Thanks for joining our cozy(ish) party!

Author
Jimcolombo
0 Kudos

Hi Clea and welcome. Best of luck with your new series. 

Jim Colombo

The Keys to the Vault

becke_davis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Author
LoisWinston
0 Kudos

Becke, I LOVE the graphics you post! :smileyhappy:

Lois

Lois Winston

http://www.loiswinston.com

http://www.anastasiapollack.blogspot.com

Lois Winston
http://www.loiswinston.com
http://www.anastasiapollack.blogspot.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Glad you like the graphics, Lois! I spend way too much time searching for the "perfect" images, but it's fun!

B&N went to a lot of trouble to design an elegant, neutral site. I, however, am all about glitter and bling and color, so I do what I can to brighten this place up. 

Author
lovesreading1
0 Kudos

Hi Becke,

I really want to curl up in that cozy library right now with a great novel and a cup of hot tea.

I'm new here and just wanted to say hi.  I just registered to prepare for this week's "Meet the Publisher" forum, which I'm excited to participate in as a new HarperCollins author.

It's a blistering hot day out in Brooklyn, and my kids are quietly doing homework in the air conditioning while I nurse a sore throat and get my logins set for checking in to the forum tomorrow.  I can be as bad with figuring out computer stuff as following driving directions...I've learned that getting a head start can be a good idea :smileyhappy:

See you tomorrow in the other forum, and I look forward to checking in with the mystery forum more often!

Katia Lief

www.katialief.com

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Hi Katia - thanks for joining us! I'll put your name in for an "author" tag. It should show up in a day or so.

Next Time You See Me 

Coming October 26, 2010!

Next Time You See Me

Author
Jimcolombo
0 Kudos

Hi Katia,

I'm pleased to meet you. Congrats on your new book release! Best of luck with it.

Jim Colombo

The Keys to the Vault

pen21
0 Kudos

Clea_Simon wrote:

Probable Claws Hi everyone!

I'm the author of two cozy mystery series - the Theda Krakow books with Poisoned Pen Press and the Dulcie Schwartz series with Severn House  - and I'm about to start a third: the Pru Marlowe Pet Noir series (with Poisoned Pen). What's "pet noir"? Well, imagine a bad-girl animal psychic with an attitude - but not as much attitude as her grouchy old tabby, Wallis, and you get the idea. My pet noir debuts next spring with "Dogs Don't Lie" (yup, I'm not "species-ist" and in this one, Pru helps an innocent dog out of a jam. Wallis, her cat, is ambivalent about the whole matter!)

Grey Matters

Clea,

I love mysteries with pets in them. I think it adds so much to the books. I will check yours out. Thanks for stopping by. Luanne

pen21
0 Kudos

KatiaLief wrote:

Hi Becke,

I really want to curl up in that cozy library right now with a great novel and a cup of hot tea.

I'm new here and just wanted to say hi.  I just registered to prepare for this week's "Meet the Publisher" forum, which I'm excited to participate in as a new HarperCollins author.

It's a blistering hot day out in Brooklyn, and my kids are quietly doing homework in the air conditioning while I nurse a sore throat and get my logins set for checking in to the forum tomorrow.  I can be as bad with figuring out computer stuff as following driving directions...I've learned that getting a head start can be a good idea :smileyhappy:

See you tomorrow in the other forum, and I look forward to checking in with the mystery forum more often!

Katia Lief

www.katialief.com

Welcome Katia,

I understand, every sign in is different. I will be watching for more information on your books. It should be a fun week. Luanne

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Glad you like the graphics, Lois! I spend way too much time searching for the "perfect" images, but it's fun!

B&N went to a lot of trouble to design an elegant, neutral site. I, however, am all about glitter and bling and color, so I do what I can to brighten this place up. 

I've been trying to figure out how you post the graphics. Any hint for you would be great!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Welcome Katia:

Your book looks awesome - can't wait to read it when it comes out in October!

Thanks for visiting with us!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
becke_davis
0 Kudos

As to the graphics, I search for them on Google Images. Add the word "glitter" to whatever topic you are searching for, and you'll find sites that have lots of images to choose from.

You can insert an image on of two ways:

1) Right click on the image and paste it in here

(This only works for images on the web - not from your home computer. Contact me if you want to upload one of your own pictures - I'll have to do it for you.)

2) You can use an embed code for an image or video by copying the code, clicking "HTML" (above left) and then pasting it in.

After you post the image, double-check that it really worked. Sometimes images are "deleted" - you can see them online, but when you try to copy and paste them all that shows up is a weird little box. If that happens, pick another image and try again.

You can go back and change your post by going into the Option box on the right and selecting "Edit Post."

dhaupt
0 Kudos

yeah Becke unfortunately all my images have the weird little box even though on the preview they show up ok. I think it might be a MAC issue.

Oh well no glitter for me ;-(