Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to the Mystery Book Club - Introduce Yourself!

Vermontcozy wrote:

Promise Not to Tell  Dear Trudi..As a BN Reader I welcome you to our "Mystery Board..Becke already explained all to you,I am just here to also Invite you To our "Fiction Board"For August Its also quite a "Mystery"!!

Drawing in the Dust I posted the Hardcover,but it is also in paperback..Quite a few readers have reserved their copy at Their Local Library..Have a look at the book and the "Drawing in the Dust"Thread for August.I hope you like the story.Our Moderator Debbie Haupt has written her Review(No spoilers,of course)on that thread..Hope to see you there...Best Susan Vtc...

The visiting July "Mystery"writers are amazing  I finished "Promise Not to Tell"Jennifer McMahon. and I am planning to read "Dismantled"By her as well..Very Good writer...

I have DISMANTLED but haven't read it yet. ISLAND OF LOST GIRLS is another really good one!

Dismantle

Island of Lost Girls d

Contributor
TrudiS
0 Kudos

Thank you Becke for your response and updating me. I am looking forward to this book club.

Contributor
TrudiS
0 Kudos

Thank you for the invitation. I will check it out. Looks like some interesting reads. I appreciate the help I have gotten.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Spackled and Spooked (Do-It-Yourself Series #2) 

TrudiS wrote:

Thank you for the invitation. I will check it out. Looks like some interesting reads. I appreciate the help I have gotten.

We have at least one author visiting every week most months. In August, we will have a different author joining us every DAY during our Month of Thrillers & Suspense. We still have one more week of our Month of Cozy(ish) Crime - Jennie Bentley will be joining us on Monday.

Plaster and Poison

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

TrudiS wrote:

We have at least one author visiting every week most months. In August, we will have a different author joining us every DAY during our Month of Thrillers & Suspense. We still have one more week of our Month of Cozy(ish) Crime - Jennie Bentley will be joining us on Monday.

Plaster and Poison

Oh yes, stay around here and you'll never run out of reading material.:smileywink:

Contributor
WstTxBluebonnet
0 Kudos

It's been a while since I've been in here.  I couldn't find an up to date thread in the "What are you reading"...I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong... anyway...I love forensic fiction and have read all of the Kathy Reichs, Beverly Connor, and even have read the Jane Rizzoli books.  Does anyone have any suggestions??? :smileyhappy:

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Hi Bluebonnet - welcome back! The site was acting up this a.m., so that might have been the problem. There are a LOT of pages on the What are You Reading?  thread. You might have to jump to the most recent page; it may start you at the beginning of the thread.

Author
Shiloh_walker
0 Kudos

howdy.. It's been a while since I've been in and I'm just checking to make sure my log in/tag and everything else still works.

And it appears it does... :smileyhappy:

Shiloh Walker
http://shilohwalker.com/website

Learn more about Broken and Veil of Shadows.

Discover all Shiloh Walker titles.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Shiloh_walker wrote:

howdy.. It's been a while since I've been in and I'm just checking to make sure my log in/tag and everything else still works.

Great to see you here, Shiloh - I'm looking forward to your visit during August's Month of Suspense & Thrillers!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Shiloh_walker wrote:

Great to see you here, Shiloh - I'm looking forward to your visit during August's Month of Suspense & Thrillers!

Ooh me too Shiloh, can't wait!!!

Author
WS_Gager
0 Kudos

My books aren't forensic mysteries but you might enjoy them. The second in the series is on Barnes and Noble within the past week or so. It is called a Case of Accidental Intersection. Mitch Malone is a crime beat reporter who happens on an accident and as he gathers information for his story, realizes it might not be an accident. As he investigates, bodies connected to it keep popping up. He must figure out who is behind it before his name appears in the obituaries. I also will be featured on Aug. 23 as part of the themed month. Thank you Becke!!

W.S. Gager

www.wsgager.com

dhaupt
0 Kudos

WS_Gager wrote:

My books aren't forensic mysteries but you might enjoy them. The second in the series is on Barnes and Noble within the past week or so. It is called a Case of Accidental Intersection. Mitch Malone is a crime beat reporter who happens on an accident and as he gathers information for his story, realizes it might not be an accident. As he investigates, bodies connected to it keep popping up. He must figure out who is behind it before his name appears in the obituaries. I also will be featured on Aug. 23 as part of the themed month. Thank you Becke!!

W.S. Gager

www.wsgager.com

Hi WS I checked out your web-site your mysteries look right up my alley. I will definitely check them out.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

WS_Gager wrote:

W.S. Gager

www.wsgager.com

Wendy - thanks for joining us! I'm looking forward to your visit in August! I'll get you set up with an "author" tag.
Debbie - I met Wendy at Bouchercon and we hung out a lot. I know you all will enjoy getting to know Wendy and her books!
becke_davis
0 Kudos

becke_davis
0 Kudos

july4th_9.gif image by digitalicing

HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!

Author
LoisWinston
0 Kudos

Happy 4th, Becke!

I wanted to let you know I finally have a cover for ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY GLUE GUN, the first book in my Anastasia Pollack Crafting Mystery series. You can view it here:

http://www.midnightinkbooks.com/product.php?ean=9780738723471 or at Anastasia's blog:

http://www.anastasiapollack.blogspot.com

Hopefully, my new website will be up and running within the next few weeks. #2 son, the animator, is busy with upcoming wedding plans and has little time for his techno-challenged mama lately. :smileysad: Good thing I love his bride-to-be!

Lois

Lois Winston

http://www.loiswinston.com

Lois Winston
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Here is Lois' new cover - love the cover, and the title, too!

Have a great weekend!

Assault with a Deadly Glue Gun

becke_davis
0 Kudos

LoisWinston wrote:

Happy 4th, Becke!

I wanted to let you know I finally have a cover for ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY GLUE GUN, the first book in my Anastasia Pollack Crafting Mystery series. You can view it here:

http://www.midnightinkbooks.com/product.php?ean=9780738723471 or at Anastasia's blog:

Hopefully, my new website will be up and running within the next few weeks. #2 son, the animator, is busy with upcoming wedding plans and has little time for his techno-challenged mama lately. :smileysad: Good thing I love his bride-to-be!

Lois

Lois Winston

Congratulations on the upcoming nuptials, Lois! We're in wedding mode at my house, too. Two of my nieces are getting married this year; one in just a few weeks. My daughter is flying up for the wedding -- she's a bridesmaid -- and most of the extended family will be there (including 4 dogs!). My son and his (serious) girlfriend just bought a condo in Chicago and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before wedding fever hits a little closer to home! I'm still trying to figure out how they all grew up so fast!

Inspired Wordsmith
basson_mommy12
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

TrudiS wrote:

Plaster and Poison

yikes!  We're remodeling our bathroom.  Day 8.  We have a toilet, but not much else.  I don't know if I'm up to reading a mystery about it yet.  LOL

"The Answer to the Great Question of ... Life, the Universe and Everything ... (is) 42." -- Douglas Adams' "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Ruth W.
Grand Rapids, MI
becke_davis