Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Irish books

LOL! Monday's are a little daunting, aren't they?

Fricka - I've read a lot of the Bartholomew Gill books and I like them a lot. I think the Irish Sea Lord one was the first I ever read.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

What? :smileyhappy: I don't like Mondays but I figure I'd say it anyway. Happy Monday! Hee hee hee. I seen this thing once online. It was a picture of Micky showing off the #1 finger and there was a song somthing aling the lines of "Monday sucks" hee hee I remember that almost every Monday.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Contributor
Jack_Sussek
0 Kudos

Monday's can be very daunting. Sometimes would just like to saty home and read a book.....

Author of the latest fiction mystery-thriller: "Manhattan Affair"
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Jack_Sussek wrote:

Monday's can be very daunting. Sometimes would just like to saty home and read a book.....

A tempting idea...

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Oh great idea! Read all day. Hmmm need some snacks...
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

GS2991 wrote:
What? :smileyhappy: I don't like Mondays but I figure I'd say it anyway. Happy Monday! Hee hee hee. I seen this thing once online. It was a picture of Micky showing off the #1 finger and there was a song somthing aling the lines of "Monday sucks" hee hee I remember that almost every Monday.

Verrry funny GS2991! Just remember the saying, " No good deed goes unpunished."

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Hey I've been sick I gota make up for not pestering anybody. Hee hee. Yeah I heard more than once today from my mom "I wish you were still sick" hee hee. I'm sure a couple of my friends on here liked the quiet too. I try not pick too bad but I can't help it. Sorta like a nerve thing. You should see how bad I pester Kat on a different board hee hee hee. I hold back and we have the same humor but I get her so flustered hee hee hee I get gigglin so hard. Hee hee hee. Hmmm well have books to read and a story to write so I guess I'll go do somthin worth doin..........
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to the B&N Mystery Forum - Introduce Yourself!

Good morning! :smileyhappy: Happy Tuesday!
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to the B&N Mystery Forum - Introduce Yourself!

Have you gone to Google today? Marimekko designed their "1st Day of Spring" graphic:

First Day of Spring. Design by Marimekko.

Author
mary_kennedy
0 Kudos

Becke, you and Jack read my mind!! It's Tuesday...and I was just thinking how wonderful it would be to curl up with a good book.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Suzanne Brockmann Release Day!

[ Edited ]

mary_kennedy wrote:

Becke, you and Jack read my mind!! It's Tuesday...and I was just thinking how wonderful it would be to curl up with a good book.

I finally finished the garden writing assignment that has kept me from reading much in the past weeks. *rubs hands together with glee* Now the big decision - what to read, what to read? Normally, I'd be standing by my mailbox waiting for Suze Brockmann's new book to arrive, but I got to read an advance copy of that one.

Born to Darkness  

If you're looking for suspense, heat, romance, mystery and paranormal all in one bundle, this is the book for you! And, of course, on top of that you have the Brockmann trademark: unique, unforgettable characters!

Debbie Haupt - my good friend and the moderator of B&N's General Fiction board - did a Q&A with Suzanne. Stop in and comment: 

http://thereadingfrenzy.blogspot.com/2012/03/new-release-feature-born-to-darkness.html

Since I've read BORN TO DARKNESS already, I think I'm going to read an upcoming release by my friend Shiloh Walker:

Hunter's Rise (Hunters Series)  

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: Suzanne Brockmann Release Day!

becke_davis wrote:

mary_kennedy wrote:

I finally finished the garden writing assignment that has kept me from reading much in the past weeks. *rubs hands together with glee* Now the big decision - what to read, what to read? Normally, I'd be standing by my mailbox waiting for Suze Brockmann's new book to arrive, but I got to read an advance copy of that one.

Born to Darkness  

If you're looking for suspense, heat, romance, mystery and paranormal all in one bundle, this is the book for you! And, of course, on top of that you have the Brockmann trademark: unique, unforgettable characters!

Debbie Haupt - my good friend and the moderator of B&N's General Fiction board - did a Q&A with Suzanne. Stop in and comment: 

http://thereadingfrenzy.blogspot.com/2012/03/new-release-feature-born-to-darkness.html

Since I've read BORN TO DARKNESS already, I think I'm going to read an upcoming release by my friend Shiloh Walker:

Hunter's Rise (Hunters Series)  

Thanks Becke, don't forget it's here on the boards too

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Fiction-General-Discussion/New-Release-feature-3-20-Born-To-D...

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Morning! :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Happy Spring!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

Re: Happy Spring!

becke_davis wrote:

What a great graphic, becke! I noticed the sun first, and then realized there's a blue moon in the illustration, too! Very cool. A good way to get Wednesday morning off to a good start--thanks!

Oh, and Holly--:cattongue:

Heee Heee! backatya! Or in the words of my favorite language mangler, Sam Goldwyn, " It floats off my back like a duck!" Heee Heeee!

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Fricka wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

What a great graphic, becke! I noticed the sun first, and then realized there's a blue moon in the illustration, too! Very cool. A good way to get Wednesday morning off to a good start--thanks!

Oh, and Holly--:cattongue:

Heee Heee! backatya! Or in the words of my favorite language mangler, Sam Goldwyn, " It floats off my back like a duck!" Heee Heeee!

Glad you like it! :-)

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Morrning! Happy Thursday!
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Author
mary_kennedy
0 Kudos

BORN to DARKNESS and HUNTER'S RISE both look fantastic! Becke, I know you are glad you're finishing up that gardening project. You have a LOT on your plate...luckily, you juggle everything very well. I was lucky enough to have breakfast with Suzanne at a conference in NJ  where I gave a YA workshop. Well, I should say, I had breakfast..All of us at the speakers'  table were scarfing down a delicious breakfast and poor Suze was up there at the podium, giving a keynote address! I thought (after the fact!) that we should have asked the staff to put aside a plate for her.  She was charming, gracious and a great speaker. And she did it all without caffeine, which makes her a super-hero in my book! 

Author
mary_kennedy
0 Kudos

Debbie did such a nice interview with Suzanne, I just left a comment. Thanks for alerting us to this, Becke!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

mary_kennedy wrote:

Debbie did such a nice interview with Suzanne, I just left a comment. Thanks for alerting us to this, Becke!

Thank You Mary, she was indeed very gracious with her time, I don't know where she finds the time to do all that she does and Mary thanks for sharing that story with us about Suze too.