Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reply
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: What are you reading right now?

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
Posts: 2,237
Registered: ‎05-04-2010
0 Kudos

Re: What are you reading right now?

 



 

Accessory to Murder by Elaine Viets

 

I'm still waiting for the last two books in the Aurora Teagarden set of mysteries by Charlaine Harris to come in at the library, and finished with Heat Wave by Richard Castle, so I started reading this. I've only gotten through the first few chapters thus far, but it's a fun read. I 'm looking forward to reading more of Elaine's mysteries.

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
Moderator
dhaupt
Posts: 11,865
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: What are you reading right now?


becke_davis wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

I just finished

Only Mine (Fool's Gold Series #4)  

 

loved it

 

http://thereadingfrenzy.blogspot.com/2011/07/review-of-only-mine-by-susan-mallery.html


It's in my TBR pile - honestly, what isn't???


You're too funny, I actually had this read a couple weeks ago but Susan's Publicist Little Bird Publicity asked me to hold off until release date. Gotta have a light romance sometimes.

Distinguished Scribe
kathylcsw
Posts: 536
Registered: ‎12-28-2010
0 Kudos

Re: What are you reading right now?

On the last book in my other favorite series

U Is for Undertow (Kinsey Millhone Series #21)  

Moderator
dhaupt
Posts: 11,865
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: What are you reading right now?

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: What are you reading right now?

I read this one last week - forgot to list it:

 

Final Approach  

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
Posts: 1,925
Registered: ‎01-27-2007
0 Kudos

Re: What are you reading right now?

Yesterday, I read:

 

The Glass Castle  

 

It was in my TBR pile for so long and my daughter wanted to read it, so I thought I would read it and then I won't have to worry about getting it back from her.

 

I really enjoyed it a lot! I think because there was a lot of things I could relate to. I just realized while reading it that my family was pretty disfunctional too! It's not so bad, if it is true and you don't realize it until you read it in someone else's memoirs. LOL!

 

Today, I am reading:

 

Before I Go to Sleep  

 

I hope to finish soon, as it's hard to stop reading this one!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: What are you reading right now?


eadieburke wrote:

Yesterday, I read:

 

The Glass Castle  

 

It was in my TBR pile for so long and my daughter wanted to read it, so I thought I would read it and then I won't have to worry about getting it back from her.

 

I really enjoyed it a lot! I think because there was a lot of things I could relate to. I just realized while reading it that my family was pretty disfunctional too! It's not so bad, if it is true and you don't realize it until you read it in someone else's memoirs. LOL!

 

Today, I am reading:

 

Before I Go to Sleep  

 

I hope to finish soon, as it's hard to stop reading this one!


I really liked BEFORE I GO TO SLEEP. 

 

I've had THE GLASS CASTLE in my TBR pile for waaaaay too long. My daughter LOVED it and I promised her I'd read it. I will...I just haven't yet.

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: What are you reading right now?

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
Posts: 1,925
Registered: ‎01-27-2007
0 Kudos

Re: What are you reading right now?


becke_davis wrote:

eadieburke wrote:

Yesterday, I read:

 

The Glass Castle  

 

It was in my TBR pile for so long and my daughter wanted to read it, so I thought I would read it and then I won't have to worry about getting it back from her.

 

I really enjoyed it a lot! I think because there was a lot of things I could relate to. I just realized while reading it that my family was pretty disfunctional too! It's not so bad, if it is true and you don't realize it until you read it in someone else's memoirs. LOL!

 

Today, I am reading:

 

Before I Go to Sleep  

 

I hope to finish soon, as it's hard to stop reading this one!


I really liked BEFORE I GO TO SLEEP. 

 

I've had THE GLASS CASTLE in my TBR pile for waaaaay too long. My daughter LOVED it and I promised her I'd read it. I will...I just haven't yet.


Some books just never make it to the top but when they do, you wonder why you waited so long! I think one week soon, I'll start from the bottom of the pile and see what treasures finally surface!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: What are you reading right now?


eadieburke wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

eadieburke wrote:

Yesterday, I read:

 

The Glass Castle  

 

It was in my TBR pile for so long and my daughter wanted to read it, so I thought I would read it and then I won't have to worry about getting it back from her.

 

I really enjoyed it a lot! I think because there was a lot of things I could relate to. I just realized while reading it that my family was pretty disfunctional too! It's not so bad, if it is true and you don't realize it until you read it in someone else's memoirs. LOL!

 

Today, I am reading:

 

Before I Go to Sleep  

 

I hope to finish soon, as it's hard to stop reading this one!


I really liked BEFORE I GO TO SLEEP. 

 

I've had THE GLASS CASTLE in my TBR pile for waaaaay too long. My daughter LOVED it and I promised her I'd read it. I will...I just haven't yet.


Some books just never make it to the top but when they do, you wonder why you waited so long! I think one week soon, I'll start from the bottom of the pile and see what treasures finally surface!


It was like that with THE HELP. I had it in my TBR pile for AGES, finally read it a couple weeks ago. Very powerful book.

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
Posts: 1,925
Registered: ‎01-27-2007
0 Kudos

Re: What are you reading right now?


becke_davis wrote:

eadieburke wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

eadieburke wrote:

Yesterday, I read:

 

The Glass Castle  

 

It was in my TBR pile for so long and my daughter wanted to read it, so I thought I would read it and then I won't have to worry about getting it back from her.

 

I really enjoyed it a lot! I think because there was a lot of things I could relate to. I just realized while reading it that my family was pretty disfunctional too! It's not so bad, if it is true and you don't realize it until you read it in someone else's memoirs. LOL!

 

Today, I am reading:

 

Before I Go to Sleep  

 

I hope to finish soon, as it's hard to stop reading this one!


I really liked BEFORE I GO TO SLEEP. 

 

I've had THE GLASS CASTLE in my TBR pile for waaaaay too long. My daughter LOVED it and I promised her I'd read it. I will...I just haven't yet.


Some books just never make it to the top but when they do, you wonder why you waited so long! I think one week soon, I'll start from the bottom of the pile and see what treasures finally surface!


It was like that with THE HELP. I had it in my TBR pile for AGES, finally read it a couple weeks ago. Very powerful book.


I really liked THE HELP and can't wait for the movie!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: What are you reading right now?

Just finished this one - REALLY good! Andrew is visiting next week as part of our Month of Suspense & Thrillers.

 

Eyes Wide Open  

Inspired Wordsmith
kimba88
Posts: 790
Registered: ‎01-05-2011
0 Kudos

Re: What are you reading right now?

I am currently reading

Vanished (Greywalker Series #4)  

This is a great PI mystery series, with a twist of  paranormal. The protagonist is a spunky PI, who dies for two minutes and comes back with a second sight. This is one of the best series I have read.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I also picked up

 

Before I Go to Sleep  

Distinguished Bibliophile
Ryan_G
Posts: 3,295
Registered: ‎10-24-2008
0 Kudos

Re: What are you reading right now?

I'm starting on another Mary Roberts Rinehart book.....I'm super duper excited.

 



"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Moderator
dhaupt
Posts: 11,865
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: What are you reading right now?


becke_davis wrote:

Just finished this one - REALLY good! Andrew is visiting next week as part of our Month of Suspense & Thrillers.

 

Eyes Wide Open  



Love all of Andy's books Becke, I've been reading him for a long time ever since he went solo from Patterson. Can't wait to chat with him

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: What are you reading right now?


Ryan_G wrote:

I'm starting on another Mary Roberts Rinehart book.....I'm super duper excited.

 




I love those old covers! Great title, too.

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: What are you reading right now?


dhaupt wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

Just finished this one - REALLY good! Andrew is visiting next week as part of our Month of Suspense & Thrillers.

 

Eyes Wide Open  



Love all of Andy's books Becke, I've been reading him for a long time ever since he went solo from Patterson. Can't wait to chat with him


Yes, his books are suspenseful with a capital "S!"

Inspired Wordsmith
harleyhoney
Posts: 312
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: What are you reading right now?

I have just finished The Uninvited by Dorothy Macardle and Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury.

Just a few more chapters and I’ll be finished with the first book in the Meg Langslow mystery series by Donna Andrews, Murder, with Peacocks.  I’m really going to enjoy this series, lots of kooky, funny characters.

Next up is Prime Time by Hank Ryan and Graveminder (audiobook) by Melissa Marr.  These are both going to be good.

 

Nancy

"Somebody said they saw me swinging the world by the tail, bouncing over a white cloud, killing the blues."
Killing the Blues by Rowland Salley
Performed by Robert Plant and Alison Kraus on RAISING SAND
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: What are you reading right now?


harleyhoney wrote:

I have just finished The Uninvited by Dorothy Macardle and Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury.

Just a few more chapters and I’ll be finished with the first book in the Meg Langslow mystery series by Donna Andrews, Murder, with Peacocks.  I’m really going to enjoy this series, lots of kooky, funny characters.

Next up is Prime Time by Hank Ryan and Graveminder (audiobook) by Melissa Marr.  These are both going to be good.

 

Nancy


Oooh, lots of good ones there!