Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: What are you reading right now?

eadieburke wrote:

Just finished:

Now You See Me 

Really enjoyed the Jack The Ripper theme! The book had many twists and turns and a surprise ending! A real page-turner! Loved it!

Now I am reading:

The Night Circus   

Oh Eadie, let us know how you like The Night Circus, my friend at work has been pushing me to read this.

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

eadieburke wrote:

Just finished:

Now You See Me 

Really enjoyed the Jack The Ripper theme! The book had many twists and turns and a surprise ending! A real page-turner! Loved it!

Now I am reading:

The Night Circus   

Oh Eadie, let us know how you like The Night Circus, my friend at work has been pushing me to read this.

It really is quite a different type of a love story with magic involved!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
becke_davis
0 Kudos

eadieburke wrote:

Just finished:

Now You See Me 

Now I am reading:

The Night Circus   

I really liked NOW YOU SEE ME, too - it inspired me to start a new thread here. I called it HOMAGE TO THE RIPPER. Add any other Ripper-related books there -  I know I missed some.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

becke_davis wrote:

eadieburke wrote:

Just finished:

Now You See Me 

Now I am reading:

The Night Circus   

I really liked NOW YOU SEE ME, too - it inspired me to start a new thread here. I called it HOMAGE TO THE RIPPER. Add any other Ripper-related books there -  I know I missed some.

I do feel a need to read more about The Ripper. I went to London in the 70's and did The Ripper tour. Very fascinating! Also, the fact that The Ripper may have been someone related to the royal family!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
becke_davis
0 Kudos

eadieburke wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

eadieburke wrote:

Just finished:

Now You See Me 

Now I am reading:

The Night Circus   

I do feel a need to read more about The Ripper. I went to London in the 70's and did The Ripper tour. Very fascinating! Also, the fact that The Ripper may have been someone related to the royal family!

I've been to Whitechapel but never did the tour. You should definitely watch this show - it's in three parts. Marty and I watched them one right after the other - it's REALLY good!

Whitechapel: The Ripper Returns  

dhaupt

All you fans of the former FirstLook, be sure to check back Tuesday at General Fiction where for my new release feature I'm hosting a Q&A with Katherine Howe, those of us who were firstlookers when her debut novel came out The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane  will remember what a treat she was to all of us who were tearing into her baby.

Her brand new second novel comes out Tuesday, see what she's been up to and a bit about the new novel.

The House of Velvet and Glass   

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Eadie, you will love the Night Circus. I thought it was a very good book with an unusual theme. It kept me glued to the pages wanting to read more and I was sad to see the book end. It could have gone further.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

becke_davis wrote:

eadieburke wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

eadieburke wrote:

Just finished:

Now You See Me 

Now I am reading:

The Night Circus   

I've been to Whitechapel but never did the tour. You should definitely watch this show - it's in three parts. Marty and I watched them one right after the other - it's REALLY good!

Whitechapel: The Ripper Returns  

Looks good - I'll check it out!
Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

Eadie, you will love the Night Circus. I thought it was a very good book with an unusual theme. It kept me glued to the pages wanting to read more and I was sad to see the book end. It could have gone further.

I do find myself drawn to the book. It feels rather Victorian to me!
becke_davis
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

All you fans of the former FirstLook, be sure to check back Tuesday at General Fiction where for my new release feature I'm hosting a Q&A with Katherine Howe, those of us who were firstlookers when her debut novel came out The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane  will remember what a treat she was to all of us who were tearing into her baby.

Her brand new second novel comes out Tuesday, see what she's been up to and a bit about the new novel.

Oooh - thanks for the heads up, Debbie!

Inspired Wordsmith
basson_mommy12
0 Kudos

eadieburke wrote:

maxcat wrote:

Not to put too much pressure on you to like a book, but I'm joining in on the Night Circus love. It was dream-like for me. My head was bouyant when I put it down.

"The Answer to the Great Question of ... Life, the Universe and Everything ... (is) 42." -- Douglas Adams' "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Ruth W.
Grand Rapids, MI
Inspired Wordsmith
basson_mommy12
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

I didn't discover this book until after the First Look, but it was great fun! Here's yet ANOTHER book to read... :smileyfrustrated:

"The Answer to the Great Question of ... Life, the Universe and Everything ... (is) 42." -- Douglas Adams' "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Ruth W.
Grand Rapids, MI
becke_davis
0 Kudos

basson_mommy12 wrote:

eadieburke wrote:

maxcat wrote:

Not to put too much pressure on you to like a book, but I'm joining in on the Night Circus love. It was dream-like for me. My head was bouyant when I put it down.

My daughter liked that one, too.

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

becke_davis wrote:

basson_mommy12 wrote:

eadieburke wrote:

maxcat wrote:

I am really liking it alot! It is very magical and dream-like, I would have to agree! The pages are flying by as I read!
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Ditto on The Night Circus!!!

Poison in the Blood: The Memoirs of Lucretzia Borgia by M.G.Scarsbrook is what I'm reading now. Very, very interesting as the story picks up when her father became Pope.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

eadieburke wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

basson_mommy12 wrote:

eadieburke wrote:

maxcat wrote:

I am really liking it alot! It is very magical and dream-like, I would have to agree! The pages are flying by as I read!
Debbie: Finished The Night Circus and I feel like Maxcat - sad that it is over! Erin Morganstein is a beautiful writer - I love the way she decribes everything! I would definitely read this book if I were you!
Distinguished Bibliophile
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

I just wanted to stop in and say Happy Easter to everyone.  I'm not even going to try and get caught up.

I did just read The Greene Murder Case by S.S. Van Dine and I must say I think I prefer the movie versions of the Philo Vance books.

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

Ryan_G wrote:

I just wanted to stop in and say Happy Easter to everyone.  I'm not even going to try and get caught up.

I did just read The Greene Murder Case by S.S. Van Dine and I must say I think I prefer the movie versions of the Philo Vance books.

Ryan: Happy Easter to you too! Missing seeing your posts. What have you been up to?
Distinguished Bibliophile
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Thank you.  I've missed being around here.  I've just been working a lot.  Any free time I have had has been going towards the blog, but I was just noticing today that my posting on it has gone way down as well.

eadieburke wrote:

Ryan_G wrote:

Ryan: Happy Easter to you too! Missing seeing your posts. What have you been up to?

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com