Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
basson_mommy12
0 Kudos

Re: What are you reading right now?

Ack, they took the Book Clubs link off the BN.com website!

Anywho, I'm STILL reading a

A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire #4)  and plan to be doing so for quite some time.

I also started

Birds of a Feather (Maisie Dobbs Series #2)  which I am enjoying more than the first in the series. It may be that I'm reading it audio-style. The performance by Kim Hicks is wonderful!

"The Answer to the Great Question of ... Life, the Universe and Everything ... (is) 42." -- Douglas Adams' "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Ruth W.
Grand Rapids, MI
dhaupt
0 Kudos

I just finished 

KEEP NO SECRETS  

and 

Lover at Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series #11)  

check my blog posts for author interviews

becke_davis
0 Kudos

basson_mommy12 wrote:

A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire #4)  and plan to be doing so for quite some time.

I also started

Birds of a Feather (Maisie Dobbs Series #2)  which I am enjoying more than the first in the series. It may be that I'm reading it audio-style. The performance by Kim Hicks is wonderful!

I have the link bookmarked but if any of you have trouble finding the Mystery Forum, search "Barnes & Noble Mystery Forum" or "Barnes & Noble" and the name of a recently featured author (or "American Mystery Classics" and you should be able to find a link that will take you here.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

I just finished 

KEEP NO SECRETS  

and 

Lover at Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series #11)  

check my blog posts for author interviews

I have J.R. Ward's book in my TBR pile. I'm waaaay backed up in my reading! Latest:

Wedding Night  

Longing for Love  

Inspired Wordsmith
basson_mommy12
0 Kudos

Living so close to family and grandbabies cuts into your reading time, but in a good way! :smileyhappy:

"The Answer to the Great Question of ... Life, the Universe and Everything ... (is) 42." -- Douglas Adams' "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Ruth W.
Grand Rapids, MI
becke_davis
0 Kudos

basson_mommy12 wrote:

Living so close to family and grandbabies cuts into your reading time, but in a good way! :smileyhappy:

So true!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

basson_mommy12 wrote:

So true!

I'm working my way through a mystery TBR pile and a romance TBR pile. Neither is going down very quickly!

The Autumn Bride  

Fatal Consequences (Fatal Series #3)  

Distinguished Bibliophile
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

I love the Maisie Dobbs books, I've read 5 (the first two, and the last three before the latest one came out)  I just picked the third book in the series up today.

basson_mommy12 wrote:

I also started

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

Still reading as many of Catriona McPherson's early Dandy Gilver books as possible. Looking forward to her newest book in the series, too!

The Burry Man's Day  

After the Armistice Ball  

Dandy Gilver and a Bothersome Number of Corpses  

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Fricka wrote:

Still reading as many of Catriona McPherson's early Dandy Gilver books as possible. Looking forward to her newest book in the series, too!

The Burry Man's Day  

After the Armistice Ball  

I'll see if she can visit with us. Don't you love her book covers, too?

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

James McClure's The Steam Pig, the first of the Kramer & Zondi Mysteries that take place in apartheid South Africa (written in '71).  I've read it before, back in '91, but I'm suffering from CRS because I don't remember anything that happened after about page 50. I'm enjoying it though, again.

The Steam Pig  

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I just finished Gideon's Ride (a Got Books selection).  I liked it, but I think that will be its last read, because it was published in 1960, and was falling apart as I read it.  I'm honored to be its last reader!  RIP!

I have to say, I don't see any connection between that cover and the plot (which was about various crimes connected with the transport system plus a serial killer), but I like it!

Now I'm reading Easy to Kill (aka Murder is Easy), by Christie.  Fun!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
becke_davis
0 Kudos

dulcinea3 wrote:

I just finished Gideon's Ride (a Got Books selection).  I liked it, but I think that will be its last read, because it was published in 1960, and was falling apart as I read it.  I'm honored to be its last reader!  RIP!

I have to say, I don't see any connection between that cover and the plot (which was about various crimes connected with the transport system plus a serial killer), but I like it!

Now I'm reading Easy to Kill (aka Murder is Easy), by Christie.  Fun!

EASY TO KILL is a favorite of mine. It was filmed long ago, with Bill Bixby in one of the leading roles.

I'm reading this right now:

A Tap on the Window  

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Fricka wrote:

The Burry Man's Day  

After the Armistice Ball  

I'll see if she can visit with us. Don't you love her book covers, too?

Oh, becke, that would be great if you could get Catriona on here! And, yes, I do love her book covers. The early ones I like because they have sort of the flapper look for the woman, but the real star of those covers is the Dalmation, representing Bunty, Dandy's true canine friend. Have to say though that the latest covers are really spectacular.

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

While I'm waiting to get my hands on another Dandy Gilver book, I'm reading a book by another of my favorite authors. Loved her earlier three books and am now into the second book in her Max Tudor series. I'm talking of couse about GM Malliet.

A Fatal Winter (Max Tudor Series #2)  Almost finished with this. Very atmospheric!

Death of a Cozy Writer (St. Just Mystery Series #1)  

Death at the Alma Mater (St. Just Mystery Series #3)  

Death and the Lit Chick (St. Just Mystery Series #2)  

Wicked Autumn (Max Tudor Series #1)  

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Fricka wrote:

While I'm waiting to get my hands on another Dandy Gilver book, I'm reading a book by another of my favorite authors. Loved her earlier three books and am now into the second book in her Max Tudor series. I'm talking of couse about GM Malliet.

A Fatal Winter (Max Tudor Series #2)  Almost finished with this. Very atmospheric!

Death of a Cozy Writer (St. Just Mystery Series #1)  

Death at the Alma Mater (St. Just Mystery Series #3)  

Death and the Lit Chick (St. Just Mystery Series #2)  

Wicked Autumn (Max Tudor Series #1)  

G.M. hasn't visited in awhile - I'll make a note to invite her back soon!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Started this yesterday:

A Dark and Broken Heart  

Listening to this in the car:

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
becke_davis
0 Kudos

eadieburke wrote:

Started this yesterday:

A Dark and Broken Heart  

Listening to this in the car:

I've read Snowblind - I think I've read that whole series now. I'm still working my way through R.J. Ellory's books, though!

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

Read these last week:

The Proper Care and Maintenance of Friendship  

One Good Friend Deserves Another  

Getting ready to read this for Debbie's May Author Visit

Friendship Makes the Heart Grow Fonder  

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt