Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: What are you reading right now?

becke_davis wrote:

Blood Game (Eve Duncan Series #8)

It was sooo good Becke

Frequent Contributor
Leighton-Gage
0 Kudos

If you're reading Yrsa Sigurdardottir, Michael Stanley, Cara Black, Stuart Neville or myself (Leighton Gage) you might be interested in joining us for a live webcast tomorrow, Saturday, the 24th of October at 12:30 PM (That's half past noon) Eastern time. People can call in or text in with questions. If you join blogtalkradio.com ahead of time you can use their chat feature. This is a unique opportunity to get to know some of the top authors in international crime fiction. If you miss the live show, the matereial will remain archived for a month and you can listen to it at your leisure, but you won't be able to contribute to the discussion. Please join us at:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Leighton-Gage

Leighton Gage
Crime Novels set in Brazil
becke_davis
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

Blood Game (Eve Duncan Series #8)

It was sooo good Becke

Debbie - I've been following this series for years. I can't wait for the paperbacks anymore -- have to bite the bullet and buy the hardcover versions.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Blood of the Wicked  Dying Gasp  The Second Death of Goodluck Tinubu (Detective Kubu Series) 
Leighton-Gage wrote:

If you're reading

Yrsa Sigurdardottir , Michael Stanley, Cara Black, Stuart Neville or myself (Leighton Gage) you might be interested in joining us for a live webcast tomorrow, Saturday, the 24th of October at 12:30 PM (That's half past noon) Eastern time. People can call in or text in with questions. If you join blogtalkradio.com ahead of time you can use their chat feature. This is a unique opportunity to get to know some of the top authors in international crime fiction. If you miss the live show, the matereial will remain archived for a month and you can listen to it at your leisure, but you won't be able to contribute to the discussion. Please join us at:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Leighton-Gage

Murder in the Marais (Aimee Leduc Series #1)  The Ghosts of Belfast 

Buried Strangers 

A Carrion Death

Frequent Contributor
tree_lover
0 Kudos

Hi Becke,

I will have to look up this book and pick it up and put it on my TBR pile as well.  Thank you so much.  I am really liking this author.

liz

http://nygirltrustnoone.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

becke_davis
0 Kudos

How do you like the Shakespeare series? I've been following that series for years -- very dark back story, but I really like Lily Bard.

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Debbie, I just got the new Patricia Cornwell from my library.

The Scarpetta Factor (Kay Scarpetta Series #17) 

It really looks good. I just love her books.

I am rereading Post Mortem for the book club I am in. It is cool to go back see how everything and everyone has changed.

I am working on The Eleventh Victim by Nancy Grace and one by Terry Goodkind called the Law of Nines. This Law of Nines is very intriguing. I am really enjoying it.

I also got the new Danielle Steel to read. Southern Lights.

I am also anxious to read the new J.D. Robb- Kindred in Death which comes out Nov. 2 or 3.

ReadingPatti

Frequent Contributor
Leighton-Gage
0 Kudos

Again, if you're reading Yrsa Sigurdardóttir, Michael Stanley, Cara Black, Stuart Neville or myself, Leighton Gage, perhaps you'd be interested in hearing the webcast we just completed in which we talk about mysteries set outside the U<.

The recording is now available for download here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Leighton-Gage
And the operative word really is "download". The first three minutes and fifteen seconds are rife with feedback and technical glitches. So hit the download button, bring it into your computer and start listening to it with Itunes or any other program that plays MP3. That way you can move ahead 3:15, skip all the garbage and listen to a relatively clean recording. It's worth doing, if only to hear Yrsa's remarks about the elves of Iceland.

Enjoy

Leighton Gage
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:
How do you like the Shakespeare series? I've been following that series for years -- very dark back story, but I really like Lily Bard.

Bit of a cross between her

Grave Sight (Harper Connelly Series #1)  and her 

A Bone to Pick (Aurora Teagarden Series #2)

Lily's got Harper's darkness mixed with Aurora's mindset.

I like it. Take a forthright cosy character and give her a messy nasty backstory. Bitersweet.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I admire her strength, and the way she is determined to sort of remake herself. I think the mysteries are all really interesting and well-written, too.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Sins of the Fathers (Chief Inspector Wexford Series #2) 
ReadingPatti wrote:

Debbie, I just got the new Patricia Cornwell from my library.

It really looks good. I just love her books.

I am rereading Post Mortem for the book club I am in. It is cool to go back see how everything and everyone has changed.

I am working on The Eleventh Victim by Nancy Grace and one by Terry Goodkind called the Law of Nines. This Law of Nines is very intriguing. I am really enjoying it.

I also got the new Danielle Steel to read. Southern Lights.

I am also anxious to read the new J.D. Robb- Kindred in Death which comes out Nov. 2 or 3.

ReadingPatti

From Doon with Death (Chief Inspector Wexford Series #1) 

Frequent Contributor
tree_lover
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti,

Wow...you are busy with all your reading.  Right now all I can do is read one at a time because of school and work.  I will have to look into some that you are reading.

Happy reading...

liz

Frequent Contributor
tree_lover
0 Kudos

Hi Becke,

I like and have read a couple of the Cara Black books.  I like the Leduc series.  My husband reads Leighton-Gage.  He loves them.  I have them on my TBR pile.  I can't wait for the time when I will be able to enjoy reading and not trying to squeeze it in between homework.  ^_^

becke_davis
0 Kudos

If Leighton is still following this thread, maybe we can set him up for an "official" visit in 2010. I'm putting together a schedule now -- it's going to be very different than this year, but you'll meet a LOT more authors!

Frequent Contributor
Leighton-Gage
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, Dear Moderator, I am, indeed, following this thread - and I would be delighted to make an "official" visit in 2010.

If you want to contact me off-list, you can do so through the the button on my website or by writing directly to leighton@leightongage.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Leighton Gage
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

I just finished Dying for Mercy and I really liked it but I was wondering if the other books are as good.

Dying for Mercy 

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

tree_lover, I know. I am always reading more than one book. One of my friends says she does not know how I do it. I tell her that I usually go the the end of a chapter. Then go to another book.

THere are so many books out there that I usually have more than one going. With working part-time and cross stitching, I try to find time to read everyday. I read when I am eating lunch at work.
I love the little book club I am in.

I just got the following book:

I just love these books and this looks like another winner.

I am rereading her first one.

Patricia Cornwell CD Audio Treasury Volume Two 

I am reading the books in paperback. It is the book I need to finish by the Nov. 9 for the book club. I like going back to see how the characters have developed.

I also got some Christmas story books out. I love these quick reads.

I also got the following from my library. My turn came up.

I Can See You 

This looks really good. I have not read anything by her yet. This will be my first.

I have seen other people have read her books and like them. I am looking forward to this.

Let me know what you are reading.

Happy reading.

:smileyhappy:

ReadingPatti

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Kill for Me

Scream for Me 

I love Karen Rose but be prepared for a scary ride! I have that one in my TBR pile.

I really liked this series, if "liked" is the right word for a series that scared the . . . pants off me. I recommend reading this together, so the plot of the previous book is clear in your mind. That's the way I read them, and I had no problem following the story. I've heard people who read the books with big time intervals in between lost some of the plot threads, and that can be avoided if you read them close together.

Die for Me comes first, then Scream for Me, then Kill for Me.

Die for Me