Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Re: What are you reading right now?

Romanza  

Postcards of the Hanging: Grateful Dead Perform the Songs of Bob Dylan    Now for a  little morning music..Even if you are not a GD fan,this one is really good....Vtc

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Author
RosemaryH
0 Kudos

Wow...that is a big cover. Um..thanks! I have to say I don't really mind. The artist did a terrific job with the cover. There is a touch of The Grateful Dead in that image, you're not mistaken. One of the characters in the series is a former backup singer who now owns a diner in a small New England town where a lot of the action takes place. And the expression dead head has at least three meanings involving truckers, gardening and of course The Dead. I hope Becke will have me back to chat about it when the book comes out in April. Briefly it's about a nice suburban woman who's discovered to be a fugitive from the law.

Cheers,

Rosemary

rosemary

Learn more about Pushing Up Daisies.
Author
RosemaryH

...I'm enjoying people's quotes. Thumbs up to the Singer and Adams. I met Douglas Adams a few times (my husband was his publisher) and he was a charming man.

Anyway, on two minutes notice this is my quote..(until I change it.)

"You must do the thing you think you cannot do." 

Eleanor Roosevelt

rosemary

Learn more about Pushing Up Daisies.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Rosemary - I was thinking of asking you for an interview at Garden Variety when this one comes out. I've mentioned your books there, but I think an interview would be fun.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Just started Susan Kandel's latest book, after staying up until dawn finishing Anne Stuart's SILVER FALLS. I'm a zombie today.

Dial H for Hitchcock (Cece Caruso Series #5) 

Silver Falls

Inspired Wordsmith
basson_mommy12
0 Kudos

I love the artwork on this enormous image.  :smileyhappy:  Looks fun.

becke_davis wrote:

Hi Rosemary - it's great to see you here! Rosemary's books have been featured here before, and she has another book coming up soon:

Dead Head

Coming April 13, 2010
from Minotaur Books!

The Big Dirt Nap (Dirty Business Series #2)

Pushing up Daisies (Dirty Business Mystery Series #1)

"The Answer to the Great Question of ... Life, the Universe and Everything ... (is) 42." -- Douglas Adams' "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Ruth W.
Grand Rapids, MI
Inspired Wordsmith
basson_mommy12
0 Kudos

Well, last night, I started reading

The Girl in Blue , but the copy has been on the shelf so long, it has that really bad, musty smell that library books will get... it's no longer in print, sadly, so I'm not sure if I'll continue with it or not.  All that dust is making my cold miserable.  I may try a more recently published

Carry on, Jeeves to save my allegeries.

"The Answer to the Great Question of ... Life, the Universe and Everything ... (is) 42." -- Douglas Adams' "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Ruth W.
Grand Rapids, MI
becke_davis
0 Kudos
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

The Poacher's Son  Which I am reading for the FirstLook Club,and throughly enjoying this Mystery..Very exciting book and works well for all mystery lovers..Also cannot stop reading..Excellent FL Choice...Maine,wilderness,beautiful....lots of twists and turns..Author Paul Doiron

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Hi everyone and Happy Monday.

I've been a busy bee this weekend, decided I need a new Fridge and finding out that the one I want won't fit. Ugh. Plus of course I've been reading

LIke Susie before me I'm reading:

The Poacher's Son 

For First Look and really enjoying it. Trying to read on schedule and it was hard stopping after chapter 7.

I read for the Romance club:

Too Wicked to Kiss

A great Gothic mystery and romance all in one. Yay. It was super.

I started reading:

Fairest of Them All

for the Romance club and it's really good. Set in the Middle Ages in Wales and Brittan features a very tortured hero who's family is cursed.

And for my own reading pleasure, I read:

Jordan

the third book in her Pendragon Trilogy. It was the best of them all and talk about steamy. Needed to turn on the fan.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms (Inheritance Trilogy Series)  

Poacher's Son

I am reading The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms for the sci-fi board and the Poacher's son for the First Look Mystery. Both are very good but are being read a section at a time this month.

False Mermaid  

Whiteout

So in the meantime I am reading False Mermaid at home and Whiteout at work. Both are mysteries and are very good books.

I haven't spread myself between this many books in a while. So I will see how it works.

Luanne

dhaupt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Ah Pen, I miss you already. Our vacation was too short, wasn't it?

I read about:

On the Sci-Fi Fantasy room and I want to read it, so I guess I'll buy it.

What do you think of it?

And I've been waiting for:

False Mermaid

for three years, I hope it's worth the wait.

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

Debbie we must take a vacation again soon. As long as we have books and umbrella drinks, I will go anywhere. I don't travel much, so virtual travel is a blast.

I am about 100 pages into each of these. False Mermaid is everything I remember from her other books. It is delving into the mystery of her sister's death. From what the reviews say it will take place in Minnesota and Ireland. Yes I have been waiting as long as you for this sequel.

The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms has set up an interesting kingdom. So far most of the main characters are in play (I am making an assumption here on that). But you don't know who is good or evil yet at this first section we are reading. So we can speculate on that, that is always fun. It is a good read, that keeps adding pieces to the kingdom or about a character, but also telling a story at that same time. I like the writing style. Luanne

dhaupt wrote:

Ah Pen, I miss you already. Our vacation was too short, wasn't it?

I read about:

On the Sci-Fi Fantasy room and I want to read it, so I guess I'll buy it.

What do you think of it?

And I've been waiting for:

False Mermaid

for three years, I hope it's worth the wait.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

pen21, I find that Amazing..Reading all the books.That is quite a feat..The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms..I just put on my Wish list for a Christmas Gift..I do recall you saying 'Erin Hart" is a local Minn..Author..Going to check on her books..Thanks for Posting them...Vtc..Susan

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Debra..As well Kudos..I imagine you,pen and becke use a great deal of your brain power..I must work on that...Susan...psst ok a secret..forgot where I saw that..Becke has New Fridge...Look for Pic..Ok Becke?....

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

becke,becke,becke,I opened this and 3 snowboarders were hanging out having coffee with me and one guy Liam,spilled his coffee,he was laughing so hard..Deb..and Pen will be lolololololo.when they see this..We had an Avacado Kitchen growing up..Memories....and Curtains with Avacado's and vines and yellow flowers..very 70's Matching Placemats and similar cookie Jar..Such Girly Girls,Best Susan...Next pen will post a Coffee cake and all of us in our Aprons..and very Doris Dayish...Going Home Now...

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Aaah, I could tell you stories . . .

I've lived in London, New Jersey, Cincinnati and all over the Chicago area. Some of the houses we lived in were truly awful when it came to decorating. (Of course, not everyone would like my purple bedroom.)

We had a house with avocado green bathtub and sink, another with bright orange Formica counters in the kitchen, another house had pink bathroom fixtures, another was Harvest Gold. Those would probably be fashionable now - retro.

becke_davis
0 Kudos