Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: What are you reading right now?

Oh, Linda Fairstein is really good!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Yes she is and according to her, Alex takes a new twist in the romance department. I'm thinking it's with Mike, but I can't be sure. So let a little of the cat out of the bag Patti and let us know OKay

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Yes she is and according to her, Alex takes a new twist in the romance department. I'm thinking it's with Mike, but I can't be sure. So let a little of the cat out of the bag Patti and let us know OKay

That would be a "Twist"..the last book that I read of hers,(must look at my Book Journal,I recall he was cleaning up his act....Now there is one other person,but he might be married,can't remember.....A hint would be "Good" as per Debbie,who must know everything  :  ) 

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Distinguished Bibliophile
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

I have to admit temporary defeat on The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins.  I really like the language of the book, but am finding it really dull.  I will put it back on my shelves and try it again in a few years or when the mood does strike me.

I'm getting started on The Seven Dials Mystery by Agatha Christie.

The Moonstone (Barnes & Noble Classics Series) 

Seven Dials Mystery 

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

dhaupt, I will be starting the Fairstein book soon. I am finish up some that I had already started.

I just finshed Game Over by Fern Michaels. It was great. Another one for the Sisterhood. This was really good and quick read. I hope that this will not be at last of the SIsterhood.

I will be sure to let you know when I get into Hell Gate by Linda Fairstein.

I want to finish Kay Hooper's Blood Ties and Jessie by Lori Wick. I want to start Kellerman's Evidence.

Talk to you soon.

ReadingPatti

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Ryan_G wrote:

I have to admit temporary defeat on The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins.  I really like the language of the book, but am finding it really dull.  I will put it back on my shelves and try it again in a few years or when the mood does strike me.

Well, now I don't feel so guilty that I didn't get through it!  It was some years back, so I don't clearly remember why I gave up on it.  I know it's a great classic and I think I saw a movie of it that I enjoyed.  Like you, someday I'll give it another try.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
dhaupt
0 Kudos

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Inspired Wordsmith
basson_mommy12
0 Kudos

Ah, just finished

Crocodile on the Sandbank (Amelia Peabody Series #1)  and I loved how the title was tied into the plot.  Great book!  Thanks for the recommend, everyone.  Now I'm off to finish "The Moonspinners."

"The Answer to the Great Question of ... Life, the Universe and Everything ... (is) 42." -- Douglas Adams' "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Ruth W.
Grand Rapids, MI
Inspired Wordsmith
basson_mommy12
0 Kudos

The God of the Hive  I may be late to the party, but I just found out that Laurie R. King is releasing a new Mary Russell novel on April 27,2010.

"The Answer to the Great Question of ... Life, the Universe and Everything ... (is) 42." -- Douglas Adams' "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Ruth W.
Grand Rapids, MI
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I love this series but I'm still working my way through it. I love the titles Laurie R. King comes up with!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Well I've been up to my eyeballs in murder, mayhem and mystery so I chose a good old fashioned western romance for my current read:

McKettricks of Texas 

Yum

But don't worry Murder and Mayhem are next:

Hell Gate (Alexandra Cooper Series #12) 

becke_davis

becke_davis
0 Kudos

News: Alan Bradley's THE SWEETNESS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PIE has won the 2009 Dilys Award, given by the Independent Mystery Booksellers Association to the book their members most enjoyed handselling.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

News: Alan Bradley's THE SWEETNESS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PIE has won the 2009 Dilys Award, given by the Independent Mystery Booksellers Association to the book their members most enjoyed handselling.

That's great Becke, it was a very enjoyable read, and quite a precocious heroine.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Debbie - I'm really enjoying it!

pen21
0 Kudos

Great review. I totally agree. I hope for the next one we don't wait as long.

dhaupt wrote:

dhaupt
0 Kudos

pen21 wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

Thanks Luanne

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

pen21 wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

Thanks Luanne

Deb..Great review for a first time reader of Erin Hart.Looking forward to "Haunted Ground" Thanks to pen21 for the suggestion...Suze...

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer