Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

Re: What are you reading right now?

Dulcinea: I am enjoying Carolyn Hart's Death on Demand book. I had it in my TBR pile for awhile but moved it up during her last visit!
Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

Becke: I will be home from Jamaica late Monday night. We love it here and will probably come back next year. Great place to escape winter doldrums! Sounds like you are having fun in Santa Fe too!
Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

Hi all! I am enjoying a cup of Earl Grey tea and a Jamaician apple on our balcony overlooking the Carribean Sea this morning. One of the workers brought me some apples from his tree in his yard. They are quite unique and different from our apples. They are softer on the outside and taste like a mixture of apple and pear. Very sweet and delicious. I'll be back home Monday night but we are coming back here next year. Love the Jamaician people that work here. Also, the mountains views of the sea are breathless!
Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Looking forward to all the visiting authors for April and May and reading some of their books!
Inspired Wordsmith
kimba88
0 Kudos

Just finished book 2 in series

Angel's Advocate (Beaufort and Company Series #2) 

These are great mysteries with lots of twists and a touch of paranormal.

currently reading :

Exodus Of The Phoenix 

i won a signed copy from goodreads, so far so good :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

kimba88 wrote:

Just finished book 2 in series

Angel's Advocate (Beaufort and Company Series #2) 

These are great mysteries with lots of twists and a touch of paranormal.

Aren't those great books, kimba88?They just keep getting better and better. I just recently finished the fourth ( and so far the final book) in the series, Angel's Verdict. I like it so much I went back and read the other books in the series as well.

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
becke_davis
0 Kudos

eadieburke wrote:
Becke: I will be home from Jamaica late Monday night. We love it here and will probably come back next year. Great place to escape winter doldrums! Sounds like you are having fun in Santa Fe too!

I've been to the Bahamas but never Jamaica. I hear it's snowing in Cincinnati - anything is an improvement on snow!!!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

eadieburke wrote:
Hi all! I am enjoying a cup of Earl Grey tea and a Jamaician apple on our balcony overlooking the Carribean Sea this morning. One of the workers brought me some apples from his tree in his yard. They are quite unique and different from our apples. They are softer on the outside and taste like a mixture of apple and pear. Very sweet and delicious. I'll be back home Monday night but we are coming back here next year. Love the Jamaician people that work here. Also, the mountains views of the sea are breathless!

Sounds wonderful - have a great time!

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Frequent Contributor
ms_linda
0 Kudos

Currently reading Club Dead by Charlaine Harris

Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse / Southern Vampire Series #3) 

I love the TV show True Blood so I decided to read the books. So far they have been very slow going. I wonder if I would have liked the books better if I had read them first?

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Shakespeare's Champion (Lily Bard Series #2) 
ms_linda wrote:

I love the TV show True Blood so I decided to read the books. So far they have been very slow going. I wonder if I would have liked the books better if I had read them first?

Have you read her straight mysteries? I love the Shakespeare books:

Shakespeare's Landlord (Lily Bard Series #1)

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I thought I'd read all of Tony Hillerman's books but I think I missed this one:

Skeleton Man (Joe Leaphorn and Jim Chee Series #17)

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

ms_linda wrote:

Yeah the books are not really all like the show. Both are good though, just for different reasons.

New User
Saturner

[ Edited ]

I just finished City of Bones and I loved! Excellent author, excellent novel.

Now I am reading "All that remains" from Patricia Cornewell and I can feel the difference, I am on page 125 and some times I ask myself why am I reading this book.

It is not excited like Connelly books, Patricia goes to details does not matter to the story and you loose your interest. I am a persistent person and I will keep reading until the end to decide if I will try another from her or stick myself in Connelly's series.

Frequent Contributor
ilovebooksOH
0 Kudos

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

Happy Reading :smileywink:

My Book Giveaways

www.darkangel88.com

becke_davis
0 Kudos

City of Bones (Harry Bosch Series #8) 
Saturner wrote:

I just finished City of Bones and I loved! Excellent author, excellent novel.

Now I am reading "All that remains" from Patricia Cornewell and I can feel the difference, I am on page 125 and some times I ask myself why am I reading this book.

It is not excited like Connelly books, Patricia goes to details does not matter to the story and you loose your interest. I am a persistent person and I will keep reading until the end to decide if I will try another from her or stick myself in Connelly's series.

I like both of these authors - I guess it depends what you're in the mood for. Here are a few other books you might enjoy:

Vanished

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

A Deadly Cliche by Ellery Adams
I have just started reading this book. I've gotten past the part where Olivia and her  black standard poodle, Captain Haviland, discover the buried body in the beach, and to the part where she has gotten a strange letter that indicates that her father, who is supposed to have been dead for the past thirty years, is apparently alive, deathly ill, and in need of funds. I also sense a potential romance between Olivia and Chief Rawlings, but at this point, it's not clear if that will be developed in this book. Then there are the rather odd burglaries that have been taking place in the area. I can't wait to get to the end of this book!
" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
Author
RosemaryH
0 Kudos

I'm rereading an oldie but a goodie - The Hot Rock by Donald Westlake. i picked it up at Left Coast Crime.

Rosemary

rosemary

Learn more about Pushing Up Daisies.