Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: What are you reading right now?

Not a mystery, but I loved this one:

The Sweetest Dark  

dhaupt

Hi Mystery lovers, I've got a special blog post today I wanted to share with you all it's an interview plus something special with author Lauren Willig about her new release 

The Ashford Affair

here's how she describes her latest release- "The Ashford Affair is my Downton Abbey meets Out of Africa novel."

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

I am about half-way through Ellery Adams' latest in her second book featuring Ella May LeFay, magical baker., Peach Pies and Alibis. I only dread getting to the end because then I will want to read the next book to see what Ella May and her mother and aunts are up to, but that book hasn't been written yet!(or at least not published, which is basically what counts in my view! :catlol:)

Peach Pies and Alibis  

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Distinguished Bibliophile
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

A Study in Revenge  

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

Reading these books:

Purgatory Ridge (Cork O'Connor Series #3)  

Children of the Underground  

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

Just finished reading the second Dandy Gilver book by Catriona MacPherson. Quite the roller coaster mystery--about the time Dandy thought she was getting to the bottom of the mystery, here would come another revelation. SPOILER ALERT. I just loved the scene where Hugh rolled into the police station where Dandy had been grilled by Inspector Smellie for hours, and knocked him down with one swift blow! I have re-read those particular pages several times now.

Dandy Gilver and an Unsuitable Day for a Murder  

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

The Tooth Tattoo  

Just started The Tooth Tattoo, by Peter Lovesey, last night.  So far, so good!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

dulcinea3 wrote:

The Tooth Tattoo  

I think I'm  going to have to read one of his books soon!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Fricka wrote:

Just finished reading the second Dandy Gilver book by Catriona MacPherson. Quite the roller coaster mystery--about the time Dandy thought she was getting to the bottom of the mystery, here would come another revelation. SPOILER ALERT. I just loved the scene where Hugh rolled into the police station where Dandy had been grilled by Inspector Smellie for hours, and knocked him down with one swift blow! I have re-read those particular pages several times now.

Dandy Gilver and an Unsuitable Day for a Murder  

I've read a couple of these but not this one. I'll add it to my to-be-read pile!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

eadieburke wrote:

dulcinea3 wrote:

The Tooth Tattoo  

I think I'm  going to have to read one of his books soon!

Peter is a classic British mystery writer AND he's going to be visiting with us soon!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Lovesey

http://peterlovesey.com/

http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/30746.Peter_Lovesey

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I'm very excited - I received an advance copy of Duffy Brown's next Consignment Shop mystery. I'm really enjoying it and I LOVE the cover!

Killer in Crinolines  

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

Just finished reading one book by Annette Blair and am about three-fourths through the second book(though should clarify they are not in that order in the series).

Skirting the Grave (Vintage Magic Series #4)  

Death by Diamonds (Vintage Magic Series #3)  

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Fricka wrote:

Just finished reading one book by Annette Blair and am about three-fourths through the second book(though should clarify they are not in that order in the series).

Skirting the Grave (Vintage Magic Series #4)  

Death by Diamonds (Vintage Magic Series #3)  

I love this series! I was lucky enough to meet Annette Blair last summer - at a Mystery party at Duffy Brown's house! Coincidentally, I just finished the second book in Duffy's Consignment Shop series. Another winner!

In the book, she mentions adding a children's section to the consignment shop. I wonder if the real shop Duffy works at has a kids' section? The last time I was there babies were so far off my radar I didn't even notice. Now I'm a five-hour drive away. Oh well!

Contributor
jonereb
0 Kudos

I'm reading Hound of the Baskervilles.  A blog review suggested my book read like a Sherlock Holmes mystery.  So I thought I'd see if I agree.  Here's what the blogger said: http://bookwormsoup.blogspot.com/2013/04/the-epitaph-of-jonas-barloff-by-calvin.html

becke_davis
0 Kudos

jonereb wrote:

I'm reading Hound of the Baskervilles.  A blog review suggested my book read like a Sherlock Holmes mystery.  So I thought I'd see if I agree.  Here's what the blogger said: http://bookwormsoup.blogspot.com/2013/04/the-epitaph-of-jonas-barloff-by-calvin.html

If you type "Sherlock Holmes" into the Search box at the upper right, you'll find links to a lot of Sherlock Holmes discussions we've had here in the past.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

I managed to get some reading in amongst all the activities of my cousin's reunion: Since I found that there are earlier Dandy Gilver books by Catriona McPherson, I've been checking them out of the library.

After the Armistice Ball  

Bury Her Deep  

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Fricka wrote:

I managed to get some reading in amongst all the activities of my cousin's reunion: Since I found that there are earlier Dandy Gilver books by Catriona McPherson, I've been checking them out of the library.

After the Armistice Ball  

Bury Her Deep  

Ooh - I need to read her backlist, too!