Contributor
native_son
0 Kudos

Re: 99 Cent Nookbooks - Authors Please Promote Your Novels Here

The Abattoir  is a fast-paced tale of psychological suspense, about a serial killer using the glamorous Meatpacking District in Manhattan as his own personal hunting ground and the tough, dogged cop, Detective Ellie Danson, who’s out to stop him. It has a great cast of characters that you’ll grow to know and love, like FBI profiler Special Agent Gravelle and Ellie’s boyfriend Jay, an Asst. U.S. Attorney who both aid her in the investigation. If you like James Patterson’s Alex Cross series, then you’ll love this series debut. Only .99 cents through May, so get your copy today.

Contributor
KarenBerner
0 Kudos

Mother's Day Special--$0.99

A Whisper to a Scream  

Karen Wojcik Berner
www.karenberner.com
Frequent Contributor
SorrowHeart
0 Kudos

Possum Dance  

By Maddie Broome

Contemporary Romance / Quirky Romance

When you believe in the impossible, wonderful things can happen.  (And okay, so sometimes something weird happens instead.  Whatever.)

After reviving the fortunes of her hometown of Possum Dance, Texas – thanks in large part to an ALF wannabe named Bubba spotted roaming the local Piney Woods – Riley Dare has it made. She owns and operates her own store specializing in the weird and wonderful – Alien Autopsy videos, Bigfoot slippers, and plush Bubbas included. She's a respected member of her community. She's even become something of a local media darling. And okay, so the highlight of her love life in recent days was the blind date with a guy who was expecting his date to be a guy. Still, life is good. If somewhat safe and predictable. And maybe a little boring. Or possibly even a lot.

Enter then Bren Reynolds, a former high school nemesis who'd spent the four months of their shared senior year looking down his nose at the local hicks from the sticks, holding illicit keg parties at the mayor's house, and coming up with new and better ways to convince Riley he was a jerk. The bad news then gets worse – he's Riley's blind date for the local Bubba Festival. And not only does he not remember her, he thinks she's weird – and not particularly wonderful.

All, however, is not lost. A near-riot, a close encounter with a Conspiracy Nut, a dancing Tribble, and a few dozen cookies later, the weird proves to be more than a little wonderful.

Contributor
jasonkrumbine
0 Kudos

Slice of Life/Family Life/911 Dispatch

Chris Allen, a 911 Dispatcher and part-time online columnist, is about to have a busy twelve days. For starters, there’s that pesky 911 call he took that’s probably going to send him to court. On the upside, though, Chris gets to meet the cute new receptionist at the Sheriff’s office. A hint of romance may cheer things up, that is, if his ex doesn’t keep hanging around and playing her usual mind games.

And it's only $0.99.

Jason Krumbine
www.jasonkrumbine.com
facebook.com/jmkwriter
Twitter: @jasonkrumbine
Contributor
OldShoes
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Ancient Awakening, the first in "The Ancient Series" is still on sale for 99 cents.  Here's the pitch:

Hell comes home to Jersey.
Seven ancient demons known as the Fallen have awakened in New Jersey after a hundred years. Fortunately for Mike and Ann, so has the one man who can stop them, Joseph Miller. Trapped in a hospital filled with mythical monsters, only together can they unravel the mystery of the Cursed and escape with not only their lives but their very humanity.

Ancient Awakening is a Horror/Action novel with just the right touch of comedy. It is the first book in the series "The Ancient" which follows the adventures of eccentric demon hunter Joseph Miller. His job is to defend the human race against seven mythical demons and their offspring. Unfortunately for us, he has been dead for the last hundred years. 

Take a look here

http://www.ancientawakening.com/
Contributor
bryanwalaspa
0 Kudos

After the Snowfall  My thriller novel After the Snowfall is on sale for 99 cents all summer long.

It's the story of a small town in Illinois buried beneath feet of snow in a blizzard.  The next morning, three men, dressed in black, are seen heading down the middle of the road and into town.  They bring fear to everyone who sees them.  It is a day the town of Darrick, Illinois, will never forget.

I wrote this novel, originally, as part of NaNoWriMo in 2008.  I wrote it in 20 days, the fastest I have ever written a novel.  For some reason, not long after, I sank into a weird depression.  I think I actually exhausted myself writing it.  Anyway, I got help, the book was published and it has a special place in my heart. 

I hope you enjoy it.

In the middle of the night, a phone that should never ring, begins to do just that... Then the terror begins. The Dead Phone - just 99 cents
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/books/1106860658?ean=2940013292741&itm=1&usri=alaspa
Frequent Contributor
Charles_Shea
0 Kudos

The Shrunken Head Murders  

Hello Readers,

I’d like to suggest the following Noir and Dark Crime Thriller:

THE SHRUNKEN HEAD MURDERS – One in five war veterans suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Former Marine Lieutenant Donny Snelling came home from Afghanistan without any wounds you could see…but he was severely damaged. The horror of watching helplessly as two of his men died a slow, ghastly death in Kandahar was too much for him.  He’s not the same man anymore and he’s doing things the “healthy” Donny would never have done. Should a returning veteran be able to get away with murder because he suffers from PTSD? Donny’s murder trial will answer this very question. Amy Strong, his attorney, must convince a jury her client was temporarily insane at the time of the murder.

At the conclusion of every murder trial there is only one winner…either justice or injustice, but there can be many losers. This cast of losers includes family members, lovers, friends, attorneys, and law enforcement officers. This is a story about a very angry loser seeking sweet revenge. In the Amazon jungle, sewing the mouth closed of a shrunken head traps the spirit of the fallen warrior. In Atlanta, sewing the mouth closed of a murdered Criminal Defense Attorney is symbolic of a mouth that has been silenced for eternity. Trial lawyers make a living with their mouths…a demented serial killer is enforcing the ultimate Cease and Desist Order. This macabre story follows Detective Tom Brikler with the Atlanta Homicide Unit as he races to hunt down and stop the savage killer before another lawyer is brutally murdered and mutilated.

The Shrunken Head Murders is available for only 99 cents.

Contributor
ClaraSelene
0 Kudos

Mudflat is a neighborhood where old magic lives, and as it goes through the generations, it weakens, so that now stronger and sometimes wickeder magic is attracted. At the center of the urban fantasy Mudflat series is Claire Carmody, an average young woman working two jobs to pay the bills. And for friends, she occasionally draws horoscope charts and gives advice that people seldom follow.

There are now five novels, and a sixth one should be ready someday. The Mudflat series novels are priced a bit higher by the publisher, nothing I control.

However, over the past couple of years I have written short stories set in Mudflat and most of these have been published in magazines or anthologies. I have collected 9 of them into a book titled Nine Horoscope in Catsup stories and priced the book at 99 cents to give readers a chance to visit Mudflat and meet the neighbors. - Phoebe Matthews

Contributor
Baycat57
0 Kudos

Not Magic Enough  - One reviewer said - If the cover of the book doesn't grab your attention, the first lines will. Valerie Douglas writes a beautiful, moving story that crosses the boundaries of race (Elf and human) and time. Love conquers all in her world and it is a beautiful sight to behold. Very well written, her attention to detail draws you into the world she's created...

Valerie Douglas

Author of
Song of the Fairy Queen
Heart of the Gods
Contributor
PhoebeMatthews
0 Kudos

Yea! I finally figured out how to get here. A couple days ago I posted through a friend's site and now I have my own site. Hmm. Okay, about that 99 cent book. And me. Usually I write urban fantasy, but occasionally I do historicial romance and that took me to a cluster of stories set in Chicago in the 1890s. They didn't want to be one humongous novel. They wanted to be separate, a sort of Coronation Street saga of a household, and so I decided to write them as a novella trilogy. The first novella is done and available and features Rudy, a young man who knew Marshall Field's motto, "Give the Lady what she wants!" Field had shouted it at a sales clerk and it quickly became famous. Rudy applied it to his personal search for love and the result is the novella. - Phoebe

Rudy, Chicago 1890s  

New User
deanfromaustralia
0 Kudos

I would like to take this opportunity to tell you about my novel The Hambledown Dream which is available both in print and Nookbook from B&N.

The Hambledown Dream is a contemporary fiction novel featuring elements of reincarnation, redemption and a search for a lost love.

Australian, Denny Banister had the world at his feet; a successful career, a passion for the guitar and he is in love with Sonya – his best friend and soul mate. Tragically, Denny is struck down with inoperable cancer & he is destined to die.

Meanwhile, Andy DeVries has almost nothing; he is alienated from his family, he moves through a dangerous Chicago underworld dealing in drugs, battling addiction & now he’s gone and overdosed - jeopardizing the only thing that matters to him; a place at a prestigious Conservatory for classical guitar.

Having been snatched from the abyss Andy recovers, but he is plagued by dreams - memories of a love he has never felt, and a life he's never lived. Driven by the need for redemption and by the love for a woman he's never met, Andy begins a quest to find her, knowing her only by the memories of a stranger and the dreams of a place called Hambledown...

Whilst not specifically 99cents, The Hambledown Dream is a lovingly crafted novel featuring richly drawn characters and settings that I am confident will draw you in.

The Hambledown Dream  

Contributor
PhoebeMatthews
0 Kudos

Demonspell  the first book of the Sunspinner series, is on sale until June 1 when the price returns to $2.99.  The sale is to announce the  release of the second book, Demonhold.

Elaine is a normal woman fronting for a paranormal family, and until now her problems have mainly been men who can't cope with the relatives. Two divorces later she has met a tough guy who looks promising. And just when life is looking up, demons plot to control Seattle and discover Elaine's family is a stumbling block. Their ultimatum: Leave Seattle. Alive or dead.

New User
Tara_Shuler
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I have a $0.99 Young Adult Paranormal Romance available for Nook.

Shelter (Blood Haze: Book One) - $0.99

Description:

"Two guys, one girl, and two dark secrets that threaten to tear her world apart.

Alice Wright is a young vampire going to high school for the first time at the age of seventeen at the behest of her eccentric mother. In many ways, she's more afraid of the human students than they would be of her.

She feels lost and awkward in human society, but she soon develops a strong bond with the cousin of one of her human classmates, nineteen year old Kai. He is beautiful, but somewhat of an enigma. She discovers a dark secret in Kai's life, and she instantly wants to shelter him from the pain that has tormented him all his life.

Then she meets Maksim Augustine, the incredibly gorgeous guy who seems more like he should be a model than a high school student. She is overwhelmingly attracted to him physically, but her love for Kai causes her to continually push him away. Eventually, she discovers a frightening secret about Max, too.

But Max's secret threatens to destroy everything... "

Excerpt:

It was a relief to get out of the crowded house and into the night air. The loud music was still pounding in my brain, although it was much less audible once we were out of the house.
I followed Van to a shed in the back yard, and he opened the door.

“Hey, there you are!” Van said to someone inside.

“Hey, man,” answered the voice.

The voice was low and quiet, and it had a melancholy edge to it that almost saddened me.

“Kai, let me introduce you to Alice,” Van said, stepping aside. “Alice Wright, this is my cousin Kai Walker.”

I started to mention the fact that his name sounded like Skywalker without the “S”, but I didn’t want to let anyone know how much of a Star Wars nerd I really was. I got the idea that “nerds” were a group that was often ostracized.

I peeked into the shed, and there stood a sight that took my breath away. Kai was tall and thin, but his muscles were well defined. He wore a dark gray shirt that clung tightly to his frame, and it was tucked into black jeans. He wore black strappy boots, but splotches of paint in different colors dotted the toes. He had crystal blue eyes and long, striking rich burgundy hair. He was intensely beautiful. I never imagined any human could be so attractive.

Kai paused with a paint brush in one hand and a palette in the other, and he eyed me suspiciously.

“Hello, Alice,” he finally said.

“N-nice to meet you,” I replied, fumbling for words like an idiot.

He turned his head to the side, looking at me like a puppy with its head cocked to the side as if he were trying to understand me. His crimson hair fell over his shoulder, and I noticed his eyes were piercing into me as he attempted to size me up. I noticed his eyes fall downward from my face, eying the whole length of my body and back up.

“Hmm,” he said.

I wasn’t sure what that meant. His face gave me no clue. It was completely expressionless and dull. He stared at me for a moment, then he turned his attention back to his painting. I wanted to see what he was painting, but the easel was facing away from the door.

I stood there awkwardly for a few moments, and then I started to leave to go back into the house. It seemed obvious he had no interest in talking to me, and I saw no reason to keep standing there like an idiot.

“Hey, Van!” shouted Zach from the back door. “Dave brought a keg!”

“Come on,” Van said, slapping me lightly on the arm with the back of his hand.

I started to follow him, when I heard my name.

“Alice,” Kai called.

I paused. I was extremely uncomfortable in the huge crowd of people inside the house, but I also wasn’t sure if I wanted to be around Kai. The way he had looked at me… I wasn’t sure what he was thinking. That made me nervous.

“I’ll be inside,” Van said, heading back to the party.

Anxiously, I turned around to face Kai. The golden light of the lamp inside the shed cast a glow onto the grass. It was almost inviting me in – like a red carpet rolled out for me. I took a step toward the door, but I did not enter.

“Come in,” Kai said softly. “Close the door.”

With some trepidation, I stepped up into the shed and closed the door behind me. I turned back toward Kai, who once again seemed lost in concentration as he painted. He said nothing.

After several long moments of silence, I was just about to frantically burst out of the shed to escape the awkward situation. Finally, Kai looked at me and spoke.

Shelter (Blood Haze: Book One) - $0.99 on Nook!
"Two guys, one vampire girl, and two dark secrets that threaten to tear her world apart."
Contributor
ML_Steger
0 Kudos

A Paranormal Menagerie  Thanks for the opportunity -

I'm promoting my ebook "A Paranormal Menagerie"

This collection of paranormal horror stories are to frighten and delight the audience. Some contain elements of humor; others insights into what we fear. But if you like horror and humor mixed together, these stories should entertain and please the reader. The stories deal with magic, revenants, vampires, demons and other things that may go "bump" in the night.

A Bad Night in a German Tavern: When travelling to unfamiliar places, be careful where you wander off to, and where you may end up.
Ghost Lights: Have you ever wondered what makes up ghost lights? Here's one idea.
Sheriff's Got a Way About Her: Sheriff McMurry has a secret to keep her town free of criminals. But Office James isn't sure he wants to know her secret.
Devil's in the Details: Mickey's business isn't doing so well, and dealing with the devil doesn't help.
Mirror Image: A humorous vampire story.
Horns: Careful which costume you pick out for Halloween.
Charlie's Problem: Charlie has a poltergeist problem but it disappears when Mags is around. What is Charlie's problem?
Demoniac and the Single Girl: Doris Day never had these kind of problems. Dealing with an old crush while discovering a new one, dealing with town wackos, and dealing with the demons coming out of the local sewers. What's a girl to do?

Reader
seaair
0 Kudos

Storybook Love 

Thanks for the opportunity.  "Storybook Love" is a sweet romance novella set at a storybook park. Storybook parks were the precursors to big theme parks like Disneyland. There are still a few of them around the country.

Carol Ayer

Frequent Contributor
Charles_Shea
0 Kudos

Thanks to all the readers that purchased my ebooks this week!

Charles Shea - Author of Defending Evil and The Shrunken Head Murders

Frequent Contributor
SorrowHeart
0 Kudos

Lies the Heart Tells    by Jenna Storm

Contemporary Romance - 165,000 words - .99 Nook book

Hired by newspaper owner Laura Danilov to run a project aimed at reintroducing wolves into the wilds of Montana, Drew Allison has had little success signing on local ranchers to her cause. Instead, the ranch where she’s headquartered has suffered a string of malicious pranks she suspects is aimed at shutting her project down. When Mackenzie Sawyer falls out of a tree and into a job taking care of the ranch, Drew thinks her luck has changed for the better.

Things soon go from bad to worse, however, and Drew realizes nothing is as it seems – especially Mackenzie Sawyer.

When her quest for answers turns up a most unexpected one, she isn’t sure what to believe. She must then decide whether to listen to reason or to follow her heart as she attempts to discover what lies the heart tells and why.

~ Previously published by All Romance Books.

Contributor
PhoebeMatthews
0 Kudos

Earlier I listed Demonspell and Rudy as 99 centers, which they were, but the prices have now gone to $2.99. Sorry. However I do have a new anthology that is 99 cents now as a Summer Promo. I don't know when the business manager will change the price. Probably in August. Anyway,it is the second in the Wicked Good series and includes the title story plus tales of time travel, a trebuchel, a prince of clockword pigeons, and more. The first Wicked Good anthology, Nine Horoscope-in-Catsup Stories, had a 99 cent promo and is now $2.99. 

Steampunk Man  

Author
MaureenMiller
0 Kudos

Good morning happy readers! :smileyhappy:

If you like Romantic Suspense, I have a couple to offer for just .99cents!

Widow's Tale  

Serena Murphy was losing her mind. 

Every night Serena stood on the deck of O'Flanagans Tavern, searching Maine's rugged coast for a sign of her husband's body. Though he was pronounced lost at sea, Alan Murphy still haunted her as only his malevolent spirit could. In the loft above her tavern, Serena hears footsteps pace across her living room floor, yet when she turns, no one is there. 

Alan would not let a little thing like death stop him from tormenting her. If she could just find his body, surely this torture would stop.

It had been ten years since Brett Murphy saw his sister in-law, although the separation was by design, to avoid temptation. Now Brett was in Victory Cove, not to declare his feelings for Serena, but to discover the truth about his brother's death. In doing so, he must battle Serena's ghosts, both real and contrived.

Borrowed Time  

A beautiful engineer fights to prevent her savant brother from becoming a military pawn.

ENDLESS NIGHT - Carina Press
www.maureenamiller.com
Contributor
PhoebeMatthews
0 Kudos

The prices of Demonspell and of Rudy have now been raised to $2.99 by the publishers. The prices of the Mudflat books are supposed to be  reduced any day now (by mid month?) and the first book, Tarbaby Trouble, will be 99 cents. Sorry about any confusion and as soon as I see the price change on Tarbaby Trouble, I will post it. This is the book that won the 2009 EPPIE for Best Fantasy, so I am excited about seeing it made available to more readers.

Cheers!

-Phoebe M