Frequent Contributor
Charles_Shea

99 Cent Nookbooks - Authors Please Promote Your Novels Here

[ Edited ]

Hello Authors and Readers,

My name is Charles Shea. I'm a self published author and I'm starting this discussion in an effort to bring readers and authors together. Authors, please join me in posting your novels here. Readers, I hope you'll enjoy discovering these inexpensive novels.

I'd like to introduce my Legal/Thrillers:

The Shrunken Head Murders  

Insanity – noun:  A defect of reason as a result of mental illness, such that a defendant does not know what he or she is doing or that it is wrong.

Amy Strong is a young Criminal Defense Attorney and it’s her job to convince a jury that her client was temporarily insane when he committed murder. If she knew what would happen to her after the trial, she never would have taken the case.

In the Amazon, the sewing of the lips of a shrunken head traps the spirit of the warrior. In Atlanta, the sewing of a murdered Criminal Defense Attorney’s lips is symbolic of a mouth that has been silenced for eternity. Trial lawyers make a living with their mouths…a serial killer is enforcing the ultimate Cease and Desist Order. Detective Tom Brikler must hunt down and stop the Shrunken Head Killer before another attorney is brutally murdered and mutilated.

Defending Evil 

Have you ever wondered how a trial lawyer can sleep at night after helping a client he/she knows is guilty, beat the legal system? I have. Have you ever wondered how an attorney would feel if that same recently acquitted client kills a second time? Again, I have, and these very questions prompted me to write a dark mystery/thriller about just such an attorney…I call it DEFENDING EVIL.

Travis Knight is an extraordinary Criminal Defense Attorney winning high profile cases in Atlanta. One of his recently acquitted clients kills again, which has Travis and his wife Julie, questioning what he does for a living. Travis is shaken to his core, but being a consummate lawyer, he is able to move past his feelings of guilt; Julie isn’t.

In a bizarre twist, a mysterious vigilante begins executing Travis’ clients after he wins them an acquittal. This righteous vigilante decides that the clients Travis is helping to put back into society are guilty, and don't deserve to live--the vigilante delivers ultimate justice.

I hope you’ll take a look at my novels.

Charles Shea - Author of The Shrunken Head Murders and Defending Evil

Inspired Wordsmith
Colleen_Rose
0 Kudos

Re: 99 Cent Nookbooks - Authors Please Promote Your Novels Here

Your books sound interesting.  Do you have a legal background or just a strong interest?

Colleen

Optimist: Someone who isn't sure whether life is a tragedy or a comedy but is tickled silly just to be in the play. ~Robert Brault
Frequent Contributor
MichelleMuto

Hi Charles!

Sounds like Grisham/Baldacci fans might be interested!

The Book of Lost Souls Being a teen witch has never been more fun. Or trouble.
Don’t Fear the Reaper Because I could not stop for Death, he kindly stopped for me...~Emily Dickinson 17-yr-old Keely Morrison finds that death isn't any easier than life.
Inspired Contributor
pam-livingimage

Hi Charles,

I think readers will love this thread!  I have three novels on B&N.  All are on sale for $.99.

I'll give a short blurb for the one that sells best here on B&N.

THE NECROMANCER

Michelle was brutally attacked in her locked hotel room.  The police didn't believe her and thought she had invited a man to her room for a little sexual encounter, which went dangerously out of control.  She decides an affair with the devilishly handsome man who moved into her building might cure her of the panic attacks.  How can she know she picked the wrong man.  A man known as the Necromancer... 

(each complete novel is .99 cents)

Midnight Reflections  - Romantic Suspense

The Necromancer - Paranormal, witches, scary fun  

The Living Image  - Thriller, clones, twins, spies

Contributor
Christine_Kersey

One of my three suspense novels is currently priced at .99 cents. The title is Suspicions

What it's about: When a neighbor boy is kidnapped for ransom, Stacey Hunter is stunned to discover that circumstantial evidence points to her husband. Not able to believe he could be involved in such a horrifying crime, she sets out to discover who is really behind the kidnapping.

Complicating Stacey’s efforts is the odd behavior of her supervisor, Patricia Summers, who has taken a keen interest in Stacey’s husband. Though uncertain of her husband’s faithfulness, Stacey presses on with her investigation to flush out the kidnapper and is faced with losing everything she loves, as well as her own life.

Contributor
LindaAsh

[ Edited ]

Hi! One of my three books available for Nook is 99 cents. It's a Christmas story, so if you're feeling like you need a little Christmas, it might be for you. :smileyhappy:

My Twelfth Christmas

Inspired Contributor
pam-livingimage

Here's another $.99 novel for the Nook.  Over 400 pages.  Previously published by a small press.

The Living Image 

"THE LIVING IMAGE takes us on a dangerous and unforgettable journey into the frightening reality of the unexpected--a novel of conspiracy, betrayal, survival, and deep abiding love. A page turner that draws the mettle of the story to a satisfying conclusion, and proves that when you think you have reached your darkest hour, the brightest of your dreams can come true........" -- Betty Wiechert, former reviewer for Affaire de Coeur magazine

"WOW!! This one I could not put down!! To go to a tanning salon for a little color and come home with a clone! A living image of yourself, only better. How disconcerting! The clone is to be a better offshoot of the human race. The intrigues of three major intelligence agencies to reach that prize are fun to watch as the two "foxes" continually outfox the hounds. Since life is the prize if the girls win, there is much at stake. A definate must read." -- Laurie L. Gruber, BookNook Reviews

"[The Living Image] is an exciting and detailed thriller story which simply oozes with suspense and greedy characters! I especially like how P. M. Richter eneded the story. If you like the movies "The Fugitive", "The Pelican Brief", or "The Client" then this story is for you!" -- Huntress Book Reviews

Contributor
K_L_Brady

[ Edited ]

Worst Impressions  is a YA urban twist on Pride and Prejudice featuring Liz Bennett, a basketball phenom whose already dramatic world is turned upside down when two popular boys enter her life--one vying for her affection and the other plucking her nerves. It's a laugh-out-loud romantic comedy for young adults of all ages.  Only 99 cents. Free on Smashwords until April 7th! https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/46950

Urban Teens Read said...
""Read it in one night! Amazing (: too bad I was running on two hours of sleep today at school."
and
"Karla Brad[y]'s novel "Worst Impressions" AWESOME!!! Please pick up your copy ASAP!!!"

A Teen Reader Says...
"This was so funny I was laughing most of the time I read this. I finished this book in just three hours.... Her mom was over protective and her dad reminded me a lot of mine. The love story had a lot of drama and boyfriend stealing... But what I liked most was Liz, who was a good girl that loved her sisters who she thought were more pretty than she was. I give this 5 stars out of 5...."

My novel for grown-ups, released by Simon & Schuster last Tuesday, is also available (not on sale).Hilarious romantic comedy...

The Bum Magnet  

The Bum Magnet  

Frequent Contributor
AlexanderScott

Wizard Heights Book 1 The Vengeance of the Wraith King 

"Just a few miles from a normal neighborhood there lies a place that you can only imagine in your most magical dreams..."

When Charlie Goodfellow's family moves to a new neighborhood, the last thing the eleven year old is looking for is adventure. But one day when he is exploring a secluded, hilltop retirement community called Wizard Heights, he finds it.

Up there, old folks glide about in flying recliners, and sip tea to the dulcet tones of string quartets on moonlit nights. But there are more sinister forces at work, too.

A strange, pale boy called Whitstable befriends Charlie. After Whitstable tells Charlie about a sinister plot involving his cryogenically frozen wizard grandfather and a mysterious Egyptian Idol of Thebes, Charlie is plunged headlong into an adventure that will take him deep beneath the cobwebby catacombs of the retirement community, and into the palaces of the eclectic luminaries of Wizard Heights.

The story gallops along at an unstoppable pace, taking many fascinating twists and turns along the way. Wonderful characters are to be found here—action, adventure, magic, and mystery too.

Watch the video synopsis here:

http://www.wizardheights.com/Wizard-Heights-Author-Video-Synopsis.html

Alexander Scott is the author of 'The Mysterious Case of Doctor Octavius Plum's Incredible Ever After Machine', 'Wizard Heights - Book 1 - The Legend of the Sorcerer King', and 'Wizard Heights Book 2 - The Library of the Ancients'.
Frequent Contributor
AlexanderScott

The Mysterious Case of Doctor Octavius Plum's Incredible Ever After Machine

When British children, Jennifer and Timothy Goodhew visit their grandfather on the isle of St. Mary's, they are surprised to find him missing. In his place they find a wily, old pirate captain, who has taken control of their grandfather's manor and its servants.

The captain puts the children to work—Timothy in the tumbledown graveyard at the end of the garden, and Jennifer within the manor itself. Naturally, the children are concerned about their missing grandfather and begin to investigate his disappearance.

In the course of their investigations, they discover that the garden surrounding the manor has become wildly overgrown. Furthermore, they are told that entrance to their grandfather's laboratory is strictly forbidden. Undaunted, the children continue their investigations, and in so doing, discover a remarkable secret and a diabolical plot that will change their lives forever.

This novel will, in turn, warm your heart and send chills down your spine. It leads the reader on an unforgettable journey through an eerie manor, an overgrown garden, a tumbledown graveyard, and to a gripping conclusion. An adventure story and a mystery, it is a page-turner through and through—one that is enjoyed by children (ages 9 and up) and adults alike. 

Click here to view the video synopsis:

http://www.everaftermachine.com/Author-Synopsis-For-The-Mysterious-Case-Of-Doctor-Octavius-Plums-Inc...

Alexander Scott is the author of 'The Mysterious Case of Doctor Octavius Plum's Incredible Ever After Machine', 'Wizard Heights - Book 1 - The Legend of the Sorcerer King', and 'Wizard Heights Book 2 - The Library of the Ancients'.
Inspired Contributor
pam-livingimage
0 Kudos

MIDNIGHT REFLECTIONS - Romantic Suspense  Sale $.99 cents

Midnight Reflections 

Julia is playing a dangerous undercover role, working for a man she suspects of murder. Robin, the man helping her is hiding his identity, trying to win her heart. Together, they uncover information so inflammatory they have to flee a dangerous politician. A man who rules a drug running network of dangerous people, capable of anything. Even murder

(each complete novel is .99 cents)

Midnight Reflections  - Romantic Suspense

The Necromancer - Paranormal, witches, scary fun  

The Living Image  - Thriller, clones, twins, spies

New User
James_Everington
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I'm a writer from Nottingham, England - we don't even have Nooks in the UK (yet?), but my story 'Feed The Enemy' is available now. It's set on a single day and is about a woman attempting to flee London due to terrorist unrest. She is being urged on by her husband Leo, a shadowy figure in the government, and it soon becomes clear he has his own reasons for wanting her out the way...

Feeding the Enemy 

Would love to know what anyone thinks.

cheers

James

Frequent Contributor
Charles_Shea
0 Kudos

Hello Colleen_Rose,

I'm sorry it took so long to reply, but I was having some sort of technical difficulties when I tried unsuccessfully to reply earlier in the week.

I have both a legal background and a strong interest in the law.

I hope you will take a look at my Legal/Thrillers.

Inspired Wordsmith
Colleen_Rose
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response.  :smileyhappy:

Charles_Shea wrote:

Hello Colleen_Rose,

I'm sorry it took so long to reply, but I was having some sort of technical difficulties when I tried unsuccessfully to reply earlier in the week.

I have both a legal background and a strong interest in the law.

I hope you will take a look at my Legal/Thrillers.

I purchased Defending Evil.  It is near the top of my reading now list. i will post a review when I have finished it.

Colleen

Optimist: Someone who isn't sure whether life is a tragedy or a comedy but is tickled silly just to be in the play. ~Robert Brault
Contributor
KarenBerner
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've been hanging out here for awhile and forgot to list my novel. I was having too much fun reading all of the threads. :smileyvery-happy:

A Whisper to a Scream is available for $0.99. Here's a quick summary.

Have you ever wanted something so badly it hurts?

Annie Jacobs has dreamed of the day she would become a mother since the first time she held her Baby Tenderlove doll. Unfortunately, biology has not cooperated with her plan, and she finds herself with a diagnosis of unexplained infertility. 

Across town, Sarah Anderson is just trying to make it through the day, managing a first grader and a toddler, plus a work-obsessed, absentee husband.

When they meet through a Classics Book Club, each thinks the other one's life is so much better than her own. But, is the grass truly greener on the other side of the fence?

Thank you for the opportunity to post here. Please stop by for a free sample.

Karen

Karen Wojcik Berner
www.karenberner.com
Inspired Contributor
pam-livingimage
0 Kudos

THE NECROMANCER

The Necromancer 

Michelle was brutially attacked on a business trip. Now she fears men. She decides an affaire with a devilishly handsome man who moves into her building might cure her of her panic attacks. How could she know she picked the wrong man? A man who has been stalking her for years. A man known as The Necromancer..... 

Author interview here: 

Frequent Contributor
PhillipThomasDuck
0 Kudos

Hello everyone! Happy Tuesday! :-) 

I'm so glad to be able to share my latest 99 cent ebook for purchase....DISTRACTED!

Distracted 

For fans of Lee Child, Walter Mosley, and Barry Eisler, comes a novella about hard men, and even harder choices...

TWENTY-FOUR HOURS

Shell, a killer-for-hire, is the hardest of these men. Nevertheless, someone has infiltrated his Network. They have the five women closest to him. And they will start murdering these women—one every twenty-four hours—unless Shell meets their demands. Just one demand, actually: kill Roger Coke. However, killing Coke, a brutal gun and drug trafficker, is no easy task. Making the job even more difficult is the sudden presence of Coke's girlfriend, a stunning beauty in desperate need of a savior. But why must her greatest moment of need come just as Shell is set to make his kill?

Killing is tough business, especially when you're...

DISTRACTED

A fast-paced, crime thriller you won't be able to put down.

Distracted (Thriller)
Excuse Me, Miss (EMM #1)
Modesty (EMM #2)
One Quick Kiss (Sexy Short Stories)
Contributor
CherylBradshaw
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

My novel, Black Diamond Death, is a mystery and on promotion right now for .99 :smileyhappy:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Black-Diamond-Death/Cheryl-Bradshaw/e/2940012271099/?itm=1&USRI=che...

Author, Black Diamond Death

Twitter: @cherylbradshaw
Reader
thenickels
0 Kudos

Like poetry? Check out my newest release from a classically trained poet.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Free-Verse/Matthew-Nickels/e/2940012244673/?itm=1&USRI=free+verse

Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80

Alexander Scott has two pubit novels that are both .99 cents.  Wizard Heights and The Mysterious Case of Doctor Octavious Plum

Wizard Heights Book 1 

"Just a few miles from a normal neighborhood there lies a place that you can only imagine in your most magical dreams..."

When Charlie Goodfellow's family moves to a new neighborhood, the last thing the eleven year old is looking for is adventure. But one day when he is exploring a secluded, hilltop retirement community called Wizard Heights, he finds it.

Up there, old folks glide about in flying recliners, and sip tea to the dulcet tones of string quartets on moonlit nights. But there are more sinister forces at work, too.

A strange, pale boy called Whitstable befriends Charlie. After Whitstable tells Charlie about a sinister plot involving his cryogenically frozen wizard grandfather and a mysterious Egyptian Idol of Thebes, Charlie is plunged headlong into an adventure that will take him deep beneath the cobwebby catacombs of the retirement community, and into the palaces of the eclectic luminaries of Wizard Heights.

The story gallops along at an unstoppable pace, taking many fascinating twists and turns along the way. Wonderful characters are to be found here—action, adventure, magic, and mystery too.

Download and read the first installment of this new, magical adventure series, today!

For ages 11 and up

The Mysterious Case of Doctor Octavius Plum's Incredible Ever After Machine 

When British children, Jennifer and Timothy Goodhew visit their grandfather on the isle of St. Mary's, they are surprised to find him missing. In his place they find a wily, old pirate captain, who has taken control of their grandfather's manor and its servants.

The captain puts the children to work—Timothy in the tumbledown graveyard at the end of the garden, and Jennifer within the manor itself. Naturally, the children are concerned about their missing grandfather and begin to investigate his disappearance.

In the course of their investigations, they discover that the garden surrounding the manor has become wildly overgrown. Furthermore, they are told that entrance to their grandfather's laboratory is strictly forbidden. Undaunted, the children continue their investigations, and in so doing, discover a remarkable secret and a diabolical plot that will change their lives forever.

This novel will, in turn, warm your heart and send chills down your spine. It leads the reader on an unforgettable journey through an eerie manor, an overgrown garden, a tumbledown graveyard, and to a gripping conclusion. An adventure story and a mystery, it is a page-turner through and through—one that is enjoyed by children (ages 9 and up) and adults alike.

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.