Contributor
Sheila_Horgan

Re: 99 Cent Nookbooks - Authors Please Promote Your Novels Here

The characters in The Tea Series are people you'd like to know and part of a family that welcomes you with open arms.  More than 70,000 copies have been sold.  You will find that the series is a fast fun read.  Each installment of the series is a hybrid of the traditional novel and the serial novel (each is a full-length novel and leads directly into the next installment.)

Hot Tea  Cara O'Flynn finds herself in an unusual position.  She's quit her job and can afford to take a few weeks to find a new career.  Plus her roommate has run off and left her with an empty room to fill.  If she can just accomplish those two tasks before her mother finds out she has no income and no one to help pay the bills, she's in good shape.     The problem - Cara didn’t plan for three careers in as many days, nor did she anticipate the new guys that dropped in her lap.  And then there's her sister Teagan, while always helpful and funny, she can be a bit annoying at times.  When you’re Irish, all things (good and bad) come in threes.  It’s inevitable.  Cara should have remembered not to forget that part.    Cara and Teagan bring laughter, intelligence, and family tradition to every experience they encounter.

Sweet Tea  - Cara and Teagan are dealing with wishes come true. The good news is that each of them has found the man of her dreams, unfortunately this is not news easily broken to their traditional mother.  Further complicating their lives, they find themselves in the middle of a serial murder investigation; worse still, Cara may have come to the attention of the murderer.   With their lives spinning slightly out of control, some of it good, some of it not, Cara and Teagan depend on each other, humor, their family, and their not so common sense, to keep them going.

Iced Tea  - Cara and Teagan are dealing with wishes gone awry. The serial murderer, if there is one, is still out there. The new guys are supportive, as is the family, but there is a limit to how involved Cara and Teagan want the people they love most to be.  Knowing there is a serial murderer in your sphere of influence is disorienting.  What you do has consequences, but that doesn't mean you see them in advance.  The crazy cop is around more than ever.  There is a wedding to be planned and although Cara has always been the organizer of the family, she's not even kept in the loop.  Life has been spinning out of control for some time and now it's up to Cara and Teagan to put it to rights.

Green Tea   Cara and Teagan more determined than ever, but determination without focus doesn't get you very far.    There's a wedding just days away.  A time to celebrate and enjoy family and tradition, but Cara keeps her distance as situations outside of her control threaten her in ways she is just beginning to recognize.  Cara and Teagan finally get to the bottom of one mystery, only to find another much closer to home. 

Peppermint Tea   - With complications swirling around Cara and Teagan, a cruise to Alaska might be just the opportunity they were looking for to calm things down and reconnect.     They didn’t count on things changing so much while they were gone.  One bad guy out of jail, another unaccounted for, and just what did their mother do with their boyfriends?  Cara has always counted on Teagan to walk with her through the good and bad parts of life, but even that seems to be changing…

Coming Soon - Tea to Go

Please note:  All books in The Tea Series have been professionally edited and formatted.

I hope that you will take a look.

Sheila

Frequent Contributor
hollyahook
0 Kudos

Thin Hope by Naomi Hook and Holly Hook

Genre: Fantasy, Contemporary Fantasy

Length: 80,000 words

Price: $0.99

Released: 11/20/11

Princess Kiki Endicott faces two threats from one man. Royal General Patrick Maxwell says he's only pursuing peace, but his plan depends entirely on making himself the genetically enhanced, superhuman ruler of the known world. He wants Kiki to join him in near-immortality and become his wife--even though he's her uncle. In his desire for her, Maxwell tries to kill her lover Damon Stanza. Maxwell ends up in prison instead, and Damon takes his place as Royal General.

Now Maxwell has escaped and is marching on Kiki's city with a horde of genetically altered soldiers and magic users. It's going to take everything Kiki and Damon have to defeat Maxwell before he takes the kingdom--and Kiki herself.

Check it out here for only 99 cents!  

Contributor
Maranda_Russell
0 Kudos

Frequent Contributor
Charles_Shea
0 Kudos

Thanks to all the readers that purchased my stories this week.

Charles Shea - Author of Defending Evil and The Shrunken Head Murders

Author
MaureenMiller
0 Kudos

If you love Romantic Suspense, I have several books to offer. :smileyhappy:

Jungle Of Deceit 

Stolen Mayan artifacts bring an unlikely couple together in the Guatemalan rainforest. 

Widow's Tale 

Dark cliffs. An Abandoned lighthouse. A desperate romance.

Borrowed Time 

A beautiful engineer fights to prevent her savant brother from becoming a military pawn.

Emotional Waves

Danger and romance aboard a Caribbean cruise.

ENDLESS NIGHT - Carina Press
www.maureenamiller.com
Author
lovesreading1
0 Kudos

Here's a thought for the holidays, either to read yourself or give as a gift.  It's 99 cents through the rest of the year....

Waterbury  

What readers are saying so far on the BN site:

Great read

This author writes a great mystery. Moves right along. Have read all her books and have love them all

Great read

Really great short read for a cold wintery night

Suspenseful to the max

Very good mystery, I love the writing style of this author. She brings depth to the characters and develops a very realistic storyline that kept me on edge. Loved it.

Loved this!

Great psychological suspense...couldn't put this down.

Great book, especially for the holidays!

This really suspenseful thriller revolves around a family at the holidays. The plot builds to a boil in this exciting book.

Contributor
JaneGeorge
0 Kudos

The Mumbo Jumbo Circus - illustrated YA novel -  ON SALE from $4.99 to $0.99 until January 1, 2012!

The Mumbo Jumbo Circus  

A rag-tag, magical circus is home to a group of teens with nowhere else to go.

"Jane George has captured the magic of the circus. I promise you, that you are in for a treat with this book!!" --Books Complete Me

Frequent Contributor
Chicki663
0 Kudos

HOLIDAY SALE! All of my romance and contemporary womens fiction (with happy endings) are on sale until December 31st. – http://bit.ly/nX8fBn

Chicki Brown

Author
lovesreading1
0 Kudos

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE

Tomorrow is my birthday so I'm doing my final holiday pitch today for WATERBURY: a holiday crime novel.  What do you think of the brand new cover design?

Hope you mystery lovers download your copy today, or give one as a gift.  It's only 99 cents!

Waterbury  

What Nook readers are saying so far:
Great read

This author writes a great mystery. Moves right along. Have read all her books and have love them all
Great read
Suspenseful to the max
Very good mystery, I love the writing style of this author. [/b][/color]She brings depth to the characters and develops a very realistic storyline that kept me on edge. Loved it.
Loved this!
Great psychological suspense...couldn't put this down
This really suspenseful thriller revolves around a family at the holidays. The plot builds to a boil in this exciting book.

Frequent Contributor
Charles_Shea
0 Kudos

Happy Holidays!

Charles Shea :smileylol:

Frequent Contributor
cebj25
0 Kudos

Here are my $.99 ebooks:

Out of Time  a time travel novella

In this time travel novel, which is great for pre-teens, a scientist discovers time is actually fluid; past, present, and future all exist at the same time. What he doesn't know, is if the current timeline can change when something is changed in the past. The US government wants him to find out. The theme being to make right what once went wrong.

Unfortunately, a group of time travelers from 50 years in the future are determined to stop the scientist from changing the past. So, they steal the time machine, causing them to end up in 20th century Earth, which sets up a time loop until the scientist and his group break it by beginning their missions. When they end up back in their present time, they find things have changed, but not necessarily for the better. Will they return to the point in time where everything changed, or will they decide they've messed with history too much? Find out in this time travel novella.

Voyager and the Aliens  

In this short story, aliens come across television broadcasts from an unknown planet to them. Then, they come across a probe from same planet that tells them everything they need to know about this planet and its people. They decide to visit the planet, but when they arrive, not everything is as it seems.

Dust Storm  

In this western short story, fifteen years after the Civil War, Matt Taylor comes through Tucson as part of his travels. He stops at the local Cafe, meets a woman he instantly falls in love with, only for her father, a former Confederate Colonel to order him to leave town. Matt doesn't, the Colonel tries to bribe some Bandidos to force Matt to leave, but instead, his daughter is kidnapped. So, Matt and the Colonel have to lay aside their differences to rescue her. Find out if they do in this short story.

New User
JustinStanisic
0 Kudos

A jobless loner finds himself tangled in a game of cat-and-mouse with a rich sociopath after answering a Help Wanted ad in the paper.

The Job Hunter  

Author
lovesreading1
0 Kudos

WATERBURY has a new cover...and I've decided to extend the 99 cent price on all my ebooks for now.  (Not sure how long the sale will last.)

Waterbury  

What readers are saying so far on the BN site:

Great read

Great read

Suspenseful to the max

Very good mystery, I love the writing style of this author. She brings depth to the characters and develops a very realistic storyline that kept me on edge. Loved it.

Loved this!

Great psychological suspense...couldn't put this down.

Author
lovesreading1
0 Kudos

Good news:  I'm extending the 99 cent price on many of my ebooks!  (Not sure how long the sale will last.)

"Nail-biting suspense." (Richard Montanari)
"Mesmerizing." (Lisa Gardner)
"A new force to reckon with in...suspense." (Donna Anders)
"Suspense at a high level." (Midwest Book Review)
"Taut, clean storytelling." (Publishers Weekly)

Here She Lies 

One Cold Night 

Five Days in Summer 

Seven Minutes to Noon 

Waterbury 

Love, Sex & the Wrong Bride 

Soul Catcher 

The Rise and Fall of Rocky Love         

Author
lovesreading1
0 Kudos

You Are Next  Ebook is 99 cents for a limited time!

USA Today and International bestselling author "Katia Lief skillfully weaves a complex tale of an emotionally scarred central character, nail-biting suspense, and a diabolical killer that will grip you until the very last page. I can't wait for the next Detective Karin Schaeffer thriller." -Richard Montanari, Sunday Times bestselling author

The first novel (ebook) in the Karin Schaeffer series, You Are Next , was just put on sale for 99 cents:
Former detective Karin Schaeffer lost her husband and child to a serial killer, and now fights to overcome despair and save her remaining loved ones as the clock ticks on all their lives.

Book 2, Next Time You See Me, is on sale for $2.99:
Just when their new life together has settled in, Mac vanishes, unearthing secrets and dangers that force Karin into a face-off with a deadly Mexican queenpin whose son has an agenda of his own.

Book 3, Vanishing Girls, is coming on June 26...and it's on pre-sale for $3.99:
Girls are vanishing off the streets of New York City, and young women are being murdered. When the violence descends on Karin Schaeffer and Mac MacLeary's comfortable Brooklyn neighborhood, and their best friend becomes the lead investigator, they are drawn into the bewildering series of crimes.

IF YOU LOVE THE KARIN SCHAEFFER SERIES, OR THINK YOU WOULD, THIS IS A GREAT TIME TO GET YOUR E-BOOKS.

You Are Next  

Next Time You See Me  

Vanishing Girls  

"Mesmerizing." -Lisa Gardner, NYT bestselling author

“I can always count on Katia Lief for gripping, twist-filled psychological suspense.” -Wendy Corsi Staub, NYT bestselling author

"Suspense at a high level." -Midwest Book Review

"Taut, clean storytelling." -Publishers Weekly

"An exhilarating thriller." -Harriet Klausner, The Mystery Gazette

"Lief pens a diabolically brilliant story and takes us on an amazing, wild ride." -Terri Ann Armstrong, Suspense Magazine

Contributor
FigureOfSpeech
0 Kudos

The Weeping Empress  

Chiyo Alglaeca was happy in her life. That is, until it was all taken away. Forced into notoriety, stalked by a mysterious cult, hunted by the emperor, and facing betrayal at every turn she clings to the only safety she can find: two enigmatic men and the sharp bringer of death, Salvation. The Weeping Empress explores the devastating effects of loss, the hunt for redemption, and the price of destiny. It questions the true meaning of evil and asks what monster is not also an innocent?

New User
RachelleVaughn
0 Kudos

Watch Me (An Erotic Short Story)  

by Rachelle Vaughn

$0.99

What started out as a regular day working at the lingerie boutique in the mall turns into a steamy encounter when Lana realizes she has a secret admirer.

Frequent Contributor
wisdombunny
0 Kudos

''Watch me'' is amazing..Warmly recommend..[IMG]http://smilyes4u.com/img/2/f1.png[/IMG]

Frequent Contributor
cebj25
0 Kudos

Dust Storm  western short story for $.99

In this western short story, fifteen years after the Civil War, Matt Taylor comes through Tucson as part of his travels. He stops at the local Cafe, meets a woman he instantly falls in love with, only for her father, a former Confederate Colonel to order him to leave town. Matt doesn't, the Colonel tries to bribe some Bandidos to force Matt to leave, but instead, his daughter is kidnapped. So, Matt and the Colonel have to lay aside their differences to rescue her. Find out if they do in this short story.

Voyager and the Aliens  short science fiction story $.99

In this short story, aliens come across television broadcasts from an unknown planet to them. Then, they come across a probe from same planet that tells them everything they need to know about this planet and its people. They decide to visit the planet, but when they arrive, not everything is as it seems.

Out of Time  a time travel novella for $.99

In the 2150's, Dr. John Hawking, who is an almost exact clone of the famous 20th/21st century scientist, Stephen Hawking, discovers time is actually fluid; past, present, and future all exist at the same time. What he doesn't know, is if the current timeline can change when something is changed in the past. The US government wants him to find out. The theme being to make right what once went wrong.

Hawking's invention only works with a spaceship, so one is renamed the USS Albert Einstein, and he goes on time travel adventures with military members assigned to the ship. They go back to Wounded Knee in 1890, the Titanic in 1912, Anne Frank and her family in 1940, President Kennedy in 1963, and various NASA spacecraft from 1970 to 1986.

Author
MaureenMiller
0 Kudos

BORROWED TIME - Romantic Suspense .99 cents

An accident on a frozen highway brings two strangers together. 

Brian Morrison has no recollection of what placed him on that icy stretch hundreds of miles from home. In his line of business, memory loss was unacceptable and accountability was crucial. 

Upon her parents’ death, Emily Brennan became the sole guardian of her brilliant, yet eccentric brother. Her devotion to protect him from a world that shunned the abnormal made her do the unthinkable. She stole designs from National Marine Dynamics…and now she was on the run. 

Only an hour from the promise of safety, Emily witnesses the car behind her spin out of control on an icy stretch of highway. Fear dictated that she should flee, but the body slumped on the shoulder of the road appealed to her humanity. 

Emily and Brian are two strangers thrown together by an errant patch of ice. Would the truths of their identities tear them apart or would they unite in battle against an egomaniac that threatened the safety of innocent civilians.

ENDLESS NIGHT - Carina Press
www.maureenamiller.com