Inspired Wordsmith
BrandieC
0 Kudos

Anybody Else Getting a 404 Error When Trying to Purchase/Download?

Since yesterday, every time I click on the "download now" button, whether from a link on the free NOOKbooks thread or directly from the product page, I get a 404 "page not found" error.  I can't believe B&N would allow its site to be down this long, but I certainly can't purchase any NOOKbooks.  Is anyone else having this problem?

A3A
Inspired Scribe
A3A
0 Kudos

Re: Anybody Else Getting a 404 Error When Trying to Purchase/Download?

It's the same for me, whether a free book or a paid one. Having tried various browsers, Safari, Chrome and IE, I finally managed to purchase the book through Nook Glow directly. That, more than likely, was just dumb luck.
Correspondent
bookitID
0 Kudos

I had the same problem yesterday. However, after waiting a couple of minutes and reloading the page, I was able to purchase the book. I used Firefox on WinXP.

Distinguished Correspondent
javabird
0 Kudos

I've been having trouble downloading some books from my libary to my Mac when using the blue "Download" button (oddly, books that have the text "Download" link seem to download fine). This has been going on about 2 weeks. In Safari, a plain blank window pops up and says simply "Oops" -- no error code or explanation. I was able to download some of them in Firefox.

The continuing problems with BN's website are a frustration.

New User
joshster
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Yup seeing this errors and it's costing a ton of money in lost sales.

Just coming off a promotion and put the price back up and now the book can't be purchased.

Pretty annoying!

Edit - just noticed that this forum post is from 2010!!! Strange as I filtered Google to just the last 7 days and this post came up

Inspired Scribe
kamas716

Actually, this topic was started last week.
http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
Inspired Wordsmith
BrandieC
0 Kudos

@joshster:

The 2010 you're referring to is the date I registered with the B&N Community, not the date of the post.