aecardenas
0 Kudos

THE GESTALT MAN - A Psychological Thriller

The Gestalt Man  

A Psychological Thriller

By

Anthony E. Cardenas

SYNOPSIS:

Michael Jeck suffers from severe dissociative identity disorder as a result of a series of traumatic incidents in his childhood. He has five separate and individual personalities—Kara, a brainy, intellectual woman trained as a medical examiner; Nick, an aggressive hit first ask questions later guy; Alex, the suave, sophisticated, educated man; Telly, a brainy teenager who is an expert with computers and technology; and Sara, a mute eight year old girl who creates mature, beautiful works of art to express herself.

Thanks to years of experimental psychotherapy, Jeck has managed to gain control over his five other personalities, not by suppressing them, but by living with them. He then uses their specific skills and talents to form a kind of think tank, capable of effectively solving complex and difficult crimes. In this way, he and his five personalities function as a unified whole, rather than individual parts—a truly gestalt personality.

Michael Jeck is now a special agent with the FBI and has garnered a reputation as an eccentric genius that can solve any case. Recently, however, he has been unable to crack a strange series of murders that appear to be completely different but also thinly connected to each other. Concerned that his top agent may be psychologically unfit, the Assistant Director of the FBI decides to assign Jeck a partner for the very first time.

Enter Grayson O’Neal, an FBI agent from the behavioral sciences division, whose mysterious past and strange eagerness to work with Agent Jeck causes a newfound tension amongst the normal “group” dynamic.

Together, Jeck and Grayson work together to solve the mystery of the serial killings, at the same time trying to come to terms with their respective pasts, and their uncertain futures.

If the story is of interest to you, then by all means check it out. If not, then maybe tell some of your friends or family who might enjoy something along these lines.

Warning: This material is intended for adult audiences and contains graphic violence, sex, and disturbing themes.

Thanks!

Anthony E. Cardenas

http://anthonycardenas.blogspot.com/

http://www.facebook.com/aecardenas

Anthony E. Cardenas
http://anthonycardenas.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/aecardenas
Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

The Power of Breathing in printed Edition now

[ Edited ]

The Power of Breathing  

Published: Feb. 05, 2011
Category: Non-Fiction » Health, wellbeing, & medicine » Family health
Words: 72396 (approximate)
Language: English

Now available in Printed Edition

Short Description

The most powerful book on breathing that not only explains what many people learn in expensive workshops and remote retreats but very personal routine the author follows. Several independent studies on breathing are given that confirm the practitioners of breathing techniques not only experience physical and mental comfort, but discover cures for illnesses such as asthma.

Author
lovesreading1
0 Kudos

Re: Are you the author of an eBook? Tell us about it!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE

Tomorrow is my birthday so I'm doing my final holiday pitch today for WATERBURY: a holiday crime novel.  What do you think of the brand new cover design?

Hope you mystery lovers download your copy today, or give one as a gift.  It's only 99 cents!

Waterbury  

What Nook readers are saying so far:
Great read

This author writes a great mystery. Moves right along. Have read all her books and have love them all
Great read
Really great short read for a cold wintery night
Suspenseful to the max
Very good mystery, I love the writing style of this author. [/b][/color]She brings depth to the characters and develops a very realistic storyline that kept me on edge. Loved it.
Loved this!
Great psychological suspense...couldn't put this down
Great book, especially for the holidays!
This really suspenseful thriller revolves around a family at the holidays. The plot builds to a boil in this exciting book.

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

KatiaLief wrote:

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE

Tomorrow is my birthday so I'm doing my final holiday pitch today for WATERBURY: a holiday crime novel.  What do you think of the brand new cover design?...

Happy birthday Katia. Good luck with your book. 

Wish you all Happy holiday season. Self-help and spiritual series. "Printed Editions" are now available under $10. http://bitly.com/rLLgLo

New User
MTMcGuire
0 Kudos

I hope I've done this right, I'm a bit of a techno spanner but here goes.

Few Are Chosen  is available for Nook for the princely cost of $3.00.

Rating: PG - some light swearing and violence

Target Reader: The kind of people who read Terry Pratchett, Jasper Fforde, Douglas Adams and JK Rowling.

As the best getaway man in K'Barth The Pan of Hamgee knows everyone's out to get him. When he unwittingly sets himself on a collision course with Lord Vernon, K'Barth's despot ruler, The Pan must make choices and stand up for his beliefs beliefs he never knew he had until they were challenged. But, faced with a stark moral dilemma will his new found integrity stick? Can he stop running?

"I am now your number one fan." Emily, aged 30 something.

"I have real difficulty getting  my 12 year old son to read anything but he loved this book. Now his 14 year old brother wants to read it too. Please hurry up wiht the next one." Sam, aged not telling.

"I loved it." Joe, aged 14.

"A must for Alex Rider and CHERUB lovers." Dylan, aged 12.

I've tried to keep the price the same everywhere so hopefully there will be no issues with reduced prices on the Dark Side of the e-book force.

Thank you for your time.

Cheers

MTM

Frequent Contributor
cebj25
0 Kudos

New Frontier by Cliff Ball, a speculative fiction novel

New Frontier (speculative fiction, alt history)  

In this speculative fiction novel, what-if Ronald Reagan became President in 1976 instead? He continues with the moon landings, and declares that a moon base would be established by 1979, followed by a Mars Base by 1989. The Soviets decide to up the ante by building an interstellar starship, and send it on its way as the US establishes a permanent presence on the Moon. The US builds a space station, followed by a base on Mars, that will eventually be turned into a colony.

The rest of Earth follows the original timeline, so terrorism rears its ugly head, which will forever change American politics. Iran and its attempt at taking hostages is taken care of in 1979, but a new threat emerges because of it. The new POTUS has to pursue these enemies of the US to secure America's future. We follow America's progress from Moon to Mars, along with the Teacher in Space Program, to an eventual starship mission out of the solar system, which will continue in book two.

Currently $2.99, and paperback will be $8.99 when it becomes available on B&N.

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

A Treasure of Great Spiritual Stories

[ Edited ]

A TREASURE OF GREAT SPIRITUAL STORIES  

Published: Feb. 08, 2011
Category: Non-Fiction » Self-Improvement » Religion and self-improvement
Words: 50029 (approximate)

Printed Edition available under $10 now

Short Description

This collection of spiritual stories and precepts supplement and buttress our moral sense, which is conscience or the spark within that tells us to do good. Learning spirituality is not simply philosophy and drama. It teaches us everyday behavior, whether controlling our tempers or appetites, or just watch TV. We learn spirituality the same way we learn math or play baseball -- through practice.

New User
JustinStanisic
0 Kudos

The Job Hunter by Justin Stanisic

[ Edited ]

A jobless loner finds himself tangled in a game of cat-and-mouse with a rich sociopath after answering a Help Wanted ad in the paper.

The Job Hunter  

New User
JustinStanisic
0 Kudos

The Last Confession by Justin Stanisic

[ Edited ]

A small-town waitress helps a bipolar priest search for his missing sister.

The Last Confession  

Contributor
scribbler100
0 Kudos

Just published a collection of my poetry Menagerie Menagerie on the Nook. It's a sample of the poetry that I have scribbled over the years. Here's a small taste. Happy New Year everybody.

Dream Race

Lover Fox

Lover Dog

She Runs

He Runs

Dog Fast

Fox Faster

Over Hill

Under Bridge

Passing City

Splashing River

Fox Leads

Dog Follows

On and on

On and on

Never stopping

'til World's End.

Yep, I really wrote Doughnut Rising. Doughnut meet World; World meet Doughnut.
Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

Art of Stress-free Living: Eastern and Western Approach

Art of Stress-free Living 

Published: Feb. 07, 2011
Category: Non-Fiction » Self-Improvement » Emotional healing
Words: 59165 (approximate)

Printed Edition available under $10 now

Short Description

This is a practical guide that combines stress treatment approaches recognized for centuries by faith healers and meditation experts, and are now accepted by modern medical practitioners. It can save you from going to expensive seminars and other programs offered in physicians' offices, spas, schools or retirement centers; because it provides relaxation techniques that you can follow yourself.

Contributor
LaStade
0 Kudos

People that crochet and knit love the convenience of having all their favorite patterns in a stored library like the Nook.  I have added eight of my original crochet patterns for crocheters to enjoy.  They are easy to read and the finished items make great gifts.  Take a look at what I have to offer at this link:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/c/lori-stade

Sock Monkey Hat Pattern for babies

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/c/lori-stade
Contributor
SandyHarper
0 Kudos

EBook Publishing and Marketing Guide

Published: Aug. 10, 2011 
Category:Nonfiction » Business & Economics » Marketing
Category:Nonfiction » Computers and Internet » Digital publishing
Words: 36319 (approximate)
Language: English

Ebook Short Description

Published writer or not yet, consider creating ebooks, the fastest growing sector in the publishing industry. Ebook sales are soaring and surpassing paper books. We will help you publish on various digital platforms. You will learn to convert a document into eBook format; prepare cover; and price your book. Your idea will turn into an eBook and you start collecting royalties in days not weeks. 

Contributor
Sheila_Horgan
0 Kudos

Re: Hot Tea (Book 1 of the Tea Series)

Hot Tea

The characters in The Tea Series are people you'd like to know and part of a family that welcomes you with open arms.  More than 70,000 copies of the books in this series have been sold.  You will find that each book in the series is a fast and fun read.  Each installment of the series is a hybrid of the traditional novel and the serial novel (each is a full-length novel and leads directly into the next installment.)  Each book is just 99 cents.

In Hot Tea  Cara O'Flynn finds herself in an unusual position.  She's quit her job and can afford to take a few weeks to find a new career.  Plus her roommate has run off and left her with an empty room to fill.  If she can just accomplish those two tasks before her mother finds out she has no income and no one to help pay the bills, she's in good shape.     The problem - Cara didn’t plan for three careers in as many days, nor did she anticipate the new guys that dropped in her lap.  And then there's her sister Teagan, while always helpful and funny, she can be a bit annoying at times.  When you’re Irish, all things (good and bad) come in threes.  It’s inevitable.  Cara should have remembered not to forget that part.    Cara and Teagan bring laughter, intelligence, and family tradition to every experience they encounter. 

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

Forever Young: How To Fight The Aging Process

FOREVER YOUNG  

Published: Feb. 08, 2011
Category: Nonfiction » Health, wellbeing, & medicine » Aging well
Words: 41117 (approximate)

Also available in Printed Edition Under $ 9

Short Description

“Forever Young’ isn't just about adding years to your life or for seniors only. It's about functioning at peak capacity throughout life, feeling great, and being able to do things that make life worth living. It's about being biologically or functionally young, regardless of your chronological age. You will find not only scientific theories about aging but their safe application to stay young.

Frequent Contributor
ManleyPeterson
0 Kudos

Just Be Yourself, Zap

Zap wants to make some friends at a new school. Will Zap regret ignoring his mother's advice of "just be yourself" or will the school children be impressed when Zap pretends to be someone he's not? 

Read this book with young children and teach them a valuable lesson of always being true to themselves.

Featuring 32 original illustrations and over 450 words.

Just Be Yourself, Zap  

Manley Peterson

Manley's Bookshelf
manleypeterson.blogspot.com
Frequent Contributor
tgibbs
0 Kudos

The Counterfeit  Historical Romantic Suspense from the author of the Kindle Bestselling Gothic and Time Travel Romance, ISLAND OF SECRETS

Sometimes the Road to Justice is filled with Compromise…

Jeremy Loud is good at what he does.

As a Secret Service Operative he’s quick on his feet and a master of his emotions.

Then, he wakes up naked, disoriented and in physical pain to find a mysterious woman busy at his stove. His first mistake is assuming she’s a barmaid. His biggest mistake is underestimating her ability to get into trouble. Soon he realizes his assignment to infiltrate and bring to justice the infamous Quincy Davenport and his band of counterfeiters might be easier than keeping one strong-willed and beautiful redhead out of trouble.

Magen MacGuire is determined to find the man responsible for her father’s death and make him pay.

Then, her plans go awry and a case of mistaken identity leads her to the last thing she expects; a mysterious stranger she could easily fall in love with. She makes a choice to right a wrong, but in her case doing the right thing isn’t viewed as proper and gets them both into even more trouble.

The odds are against them, but can they find the love of a lifetime before their secrets are exposed and if they do can they overcome the lies?

Tammie Clarke Gibbs
Author

ISLAND OF SECRETS
A Time Travel
A Love Story filled with Suspense
A Mystery that will keep you guessing til the end...

COUNTERFEIT KISSES
He's undercover, she's on a quest for revenge...
Historical Romantic Suspense

8 Hours to Jump Start Your Career: A Step-by-Step Guide for Self-Published Authors
Forget about spending 8 hours a day promoting your books...
Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

Art of Stress-free Living: Eastern and Western Approach

Art of Stress-free Living  

Published: Feb. 07, 2011
Category: Nonfiction » Self-Improvement » Emotional healing
Words: 59165 (approximate)

Ebook Short Description

This is a practical guide that combines stress treatment approaches recognized for centuries by faith healers and meditation experts, and are now accepted by modern medical practitioners. It can save you from going to expensive seminars and other programs offered in physicians' offices, spas, schools or retirement centers; because it provides relaxation techniques that you can follow yourself.

New User
bnapier
0 Kudos

Everything Theory: Cold Compass

This is the first book in a planned 5 part series.

Everything Theory: Cold Compass

Gabe is a disenchanted twenty year-old that has been dragged down for most of his life by the bizarre legacy his deceased father left behind. At the age of seventeen, Gabe was contacted by government employees that once worked with his father, offering him an outrageous salary if he would take part in an effort to revitalize his father’s work. Bit by bit, Gabe discovers that the work his father was involved in was incredibly strange. His father was viewed by his peers as a mad scientist of sorts, dabbling in controversial projects concerning genetics manipulation, advanced space exploration, time travel, and ESP.

Cold Compass, the first book in the Everything Theory series, opens as Gabe is tasked with his first assignment as an unofficial member of a shadow organization known as the Center for Scientific Anomalous Research (CSAR). With the assistance of a CSAR official posing as an FBI agent, Gabe travels to the small town of Hasper, North Carolina where people are being killed by an ancient evil that lurks beneath the town. As if that wasn’t bad enough, Gabe learns that it could all very well be the result of one of his father’s failed studies.

Along the way, Gabe must also contend with the fact that he is beginning to see ghosts and is being hunted down by an enigmatic figure that calls himself Garrison Sleet. As he slowly unravels the mysteries of his father, Gabe slowly understands that even the evil lurking beneath Hasper is tied to not only his father’s work, but to some integral part of him as well.

"Everything Theory is a dark and creepy ride that takes you right into the lair of the things that go bump in the night."
-Robert Swartwood, author of The Serial Killer's Wife and Man of Wax

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/everything-theory-barry-napier/1037723422?ean=2940013772458&itm=1&us...

Contributor
GioPago
0 Kudos

Devil Go To Hell  

Can you trust God for 30 days?

You ever notice how there are some things that keep on showing up repetitively in your life and you’re asking “again”? Ever wondered what the lesson you are supposed to take from this and be learning? Ever wonder why do you keep missing it?

I’ve heard that the repetitiveness that continues to show up in our lives is the Universe attempting to teach us something and until we finally get it, it will continue to repeat itself. I must say from all of the repetitiveness that has been showing up in my life; I’ve come to the conclusion that the Universe- God is trying to teach me something really important. I’ve been feeling like maybe HE’s trying to say: “You don’t get to react Liza; you only get to trust me. I will act for