New User
JessicaTherrien
0 Kudos

Re: Are you the author of an eBook? Tell us about it!

[ Edited ]

Oppression (Children of the Gods Series #1)  My debut novel, Oppression (Children of the Gods #1), was released on February 28th. It is now a B&N Teen NOOK Book best-seller!!
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s?view=grid&dref=5594&store=ebook&SZE=10&SRT=sa

Here is the blurb. I hope you check it out. It's only $.99!!

Elyse knows what it means to keep a secret. She's been keeping secrets her whole life. Two, actually. First, that she ages five times slower than the average person, so that while she looks eighteen years old, she's closer to eighty. Second, that her blood has a mysterious power to heal. For Elyse, these things don't make her special. They make life dangerous. After the death of her parents, she's been careful to keep her secret as closely guarded as possible. Now, only one other person in the world knows about her age and ability. Or so she thinks. Elyse is not the only one keeping secrets. There are others like her all over the world, descendants of the very people the Greeks considered gods. She is one of them, and they have been waiting for her for a long time. Among so many of her kind, she should not be very remarkable--except for the prophecy. Some believe she will put an end to traditions, safeguarded by violence, which have oppressed her people for centuries. Others are determined to keep her from doing just that. But for Elyse, the game is just beginning--and she's not entirely willing to play by their rules.

Author
lovesreading1
0 Kudos

You Are Next  Ebook is 99 cents for a limited time!

USA Today and International bestselling author "Katia Lief skillfully weaves a complex tale of an emotionally scarred central character, nail-biting suspense, and a diabolical killer that will grip you until the very last page. I can't wait for the next Detective Karin Schaeffer thriller." -Richard Montanari, Sunday Times bestselling author

The first novel (ebook) in the Karin Schaeffer series, You Are Next , was just put on sale for 99 cents:
Former detective Karin Schaeffer lost her husband and child to a serial killer, and now fights to overcome despair and save her remaining loved ones as the clock ticks on all their lives.

Book 2, Next Time You See Me, is on sale for $2.99:
Just when their new life together has settled in, Mac vanishes, unearthing secrets and dangers that force Karin into a face-off with a deadly Mexican queenpin whose son has an agenda of his own.

Book 3, Vanishing Girls, is coming on June 26...and it's on pre-sale for $3.99:
Girls are vanishing off the streets of New York City, and young women are being murdered. When the violence descends on Karin Schaeffer and Mac MacLeary's comfortable Brooklyn neighborhood, and their best friend becomes the lead investigator, they are drawn into the bewildering series of crimes.

IF YOU LOVE THE KARIN SCHAEFFER SERIES, OR THINK YOU WOULD, THIS IS A GREAT TIME TO GET YOUR E-BOOKS.

You Are Next  

Next Time You See Me  

Vanishing Girls  

"Mesmerizing." -Lisa Gardner, NYT bestselling author

“I can always count on Katia Lief for gripping, twist-filled psychological suspense.” -Wendy Corsi Staub, NYT bestselling author

"Suspense at a high level." -Midwest Book Review

"Taut, clean storytelling." -Publishers Weekly

"An exhilarating thriller." -Harriet Klausner, The Mystery Gazette

"Lief pens a diabolically brilliant story and takes us on an amazing, wild ride." -Terri Ann Armstrong, Suspense Magazine

Contributor
FigureOfSpeech
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Jessica, before I give my own blurb I just wanted to say I love the cover of Obsession. It's really beautiful.

The weeping Empress is an epic fantasy with YA crossover appeal, available for $0.99. Rated five stars.

The Weeping Empress  

Chiyo Alglaeca was happy in her life. That is, until it was all taken away. Forced into notoriety, stalked by a mysterious cult, hunted by the emperor, and facing betrayal at every turn she clings to the only safety she can find: two enigmatic men and the sharp bringer of death, Salvation. The Weeping Empress explores the devastating effects of loss, the hunt for redemption, and the price of destiny. It questions the true meaning of evil and asks what monster is not also an innocent?

Contributor
Sheila_Horgan
0 Kudos

Consequences by Sheila Horgan

Author
MaureenMiller
0 Kudos

JUNGLE OF DECEIT by Maureen A. Miller

JUNGLE OF DECEIT   $.99 cents

Mitch Hasslet, a war photojournalist relegated to a desk job, is the sole witness to a heist of Mayan artifacts. Recruited by the enigmatic director of the Museum of Art and Antiquities, Mitch is sent to Guatemala, the last location the shipment was tracked to. Acting as the museum staff photographer, Mitch joins a group of archaeologists. His goal is to locate the artifacts as swiftly as possible so that he can collect his compensation and get the hell out of the jungle.

Alexandra Langley is about to run out of funds. She has yet to discover the lost Mayan civilization she knows lurks in the rainforest. To achieve her grant, she will accept the museum's latest nuisance, Mitch Hasslet, and any other obstacle that is sent her way. 

Unsuccessful and desperate, Alex has decided to move the group to a portion of the jungle referred to as, “No Man’s Land”−a sector where archaeological teams have ventured but never returned. 

As Mitch and Alex discover romance, will their bond protect them in a jungle filled with deceit? 

ENDLESS NIGHT - Carina Press
www.maureenamiller.com
Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

The Power of Breathing-On Sale now

The Power of Breathing:smileyfrustrated:urprise. The printed edition is on sale now...

Short description

The most powerful book on breathing that not only explains what many people learn in expensive workshops and remote retreats but very personal routine the author follows. Several independent studies on breathing are given that confirm the practitioners of breathing techniques not only experience physical and mental comfort, but discover cures for illnesses such as asthma.

Author
lovesreading1
0 Kudos

Good news for Nook readers:  Many of my bestselling thrillers have just gone back on sale for .99 cents each.  Gobble 'em up now because I don't know how long the sale will last.

Happy reading!

"Nail-biting suspense." (Richard Montanari)
"Mesmerizing." (Lisa Gardner)
"A new force to reckon with in...suspense." (Donna Anders)
"Suspense at a high level." (Midwest Book Review)
"Taut, clean storytelling." (Publishers Weekly)

Five Days in Summer  

One Cold Night 

Here She Lies 

Seven Minutes to Noon 

Waterbury    

Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

You're entitled to promote your books here, but does it occur to you that posting exactly the same promo in five different threads on the same discussion board is just going to get read by the same people again and again?
Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

MacMcK1957 wrote:
You're entitled to promote your books here, but does it occur to you that posting exactly the same promo in five different threads on the same discussion board is just going to get read by the same people again and again?

Or the people will just see that same person has posted in all the threads from the main view and just mark them all as read without ever looking at them at all, like I did.

New User
ColorfulSpirit
0 Kudos

Spiritual Whispers to the Soul is my first collection of poetry published by my newly created self-publishing company, Colorful Spirit Publishing. This book has been in the works for quite some time now, and it reflects the very essence of my heart and soul. Just like so many people, I have endured some of the hardest times in my life and could not understand why God would allow me to struggle so much. Even though God has blessed me with a wonderful family, good friends, and abundance in terms of work and other opportunities, my path has not always been an easy one. As I look back over the history of writing these poems, I was inspired to write about so many different experiences God wanted me to go through. In fact, it has been through my struggles and the writing of these poems, that I have grown closer to God and become an even stronger spiritual soul.

It is my hope that, as you read my poetry collection, that you will find the spiritual strength you have been seeking to face hard times and to know that you are not alone. I promise you that there is a poem in this collection that covers so many aspects of human suffering, and yet through God's guidance, He helped me to discover through my own life lessons, how to convey my own spiritual truths to all of you as well as the valuable lessons I have learned along the way.

As you read Spiritual Whispers to the Soul, I truly do have faith that you will hear spiritual wisdom echoed through practical experiences as well as feel encouraged knowing that you are not alone in your struggles. My prayer is that these poems offer much faith, hope, love, inspiration, encouragement, and healing to your own soul that is in need for guidance. I also hope these poems help you embrace your own destiny and learn valuable truths on your own journey in life.

Enjoy, my friends, and keep the faith. These spiritual whispers echoed in the art of poetry I have come to love so much is for you.

Buy a copy of my Nook Book here!

New User
tmmarie
0 Kudos

I have a few ebooks out. I am a romance writer. You can check out my books on my website. www.tmmarie.net  It's easier than listing all the intros on here. LOL

New User
HollyReviews
0 Kudos

Hi, my second erotic romance BDSM book is now published with book III coming out in Oct. 2012. I write the Club El Diablo series and my work is definitely not for everyone. 

One Dom at a Time  

Reader 2
SSkipper
0 Kudos

Family Traits  

Family Traits is about the arrival of the Skipper clan in the New World and the detrimental impact they had on it.  Don't let the sweet faced Indian maiden on the cover fool you, this is not a romance.  Here is a review written by a kind reader/writer, JT Kalnay, the author of the The Keeper and The Pattern and The Point.

Decades of Distilling and Deceit

Family Traits is historical fiction written by a descendant of the Skipper family who landed in Virgina/Carolina in the late 1600s. The book begins with Native Americans watching a meteor streaking across the sky. A shaman and a warrior seek the meteor that arrived from the east, from across the water. As we learn, the meteor was a harbinger of trouble to come to their people from that direction. Following the foreshadowing of the meteor, we meet three brothers who have just witnessed the beheading of King Charles. These Skipper brothers decide to head to America before they experience the same fate as their father who had supported the King. After adventures at sea and in the Caribbean, where they learn to distill rum, they finally arrive in America. Fortunately they are met by friendly Indians who share food, water, women, women, and more women. With all these women, and with the influence of their distillery, the Skipper brothers quickly run afoul of the "White Devil" English and find themselves becoming more Indian than English. Over the generations covered by the story, civilization and society spread farther and farther into the Indian country, eventually leading to inevitable conflicts, culminating in the Battle of Alamance. The book never takes itself too seriously and pokes fun at many societal norms that made no sense for the time and place. At times I was reminded of Edward Rutherford's London and at other times I was reminded of the early portions of Cooper's Leatherstocking Tales. I think many readers will thoroughly enjoy this slightly irreverent trip through the legends of Mr. Skipper's immigrant ancestors.

Reader 2
SSkipper
0 Kudos

In the Blood  

The life and times of George Washington Skipper

See what Sadie S. Forsythe, the author of The Weeping Empress said:

starstarstarstar
When settling down to read a novel based on someone else's genealogical history there is always a niggling fear that it will be something like sitting through your neighbor's vacation slide show; interesting to them but interminable to you. In the Blood is nothing like this. Being based on genealogical research there is a certain amount of so-and-so beget so-and so, who despite being married to so-and-so beget so-and-so, but it is also a relatively fast paced read based on a truly interesting character who also happens to find himself in gripping circumstances.

George Washington Skipper is amorous to say the least, swept up in the Confederate spirit of the American Civil war, enlightened about the true doldrums of that (and probably every) war, discouraged by the perceived injustices of Reconstruction, and eventually the father of dozens of children by a variety of women, very few of whom he ever supported in any fashion. Ultimately he is seen to be an even minded good man, but he systematically wrongs woman after woman throughout the book. However, given the time in which he lived it is unfortunately true that his actions may not have been as unusual as it seems to the modern reader.

For me there was also a special thrill. As a member of 'the 10th' in the Confederate Army, Washington and his cohorts march back and forwards through middle Tennessee. This is home turf for me and it was really interesting to hear about the skirmishes that happened in towns I've lived in and around.

For those who have an interest the Civil War and the life of the average man (ie not the famous names of the times) In the Blood is a definite recommended read. I think there is a tendency to idealize the past and this book provides a refreshingly realistic look at a difficult period American History. Check it out.

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

A SIMPLE SOLUTION TO AMERICA'S WEIGHT PROBLEM  

Published: Feb. 05, 2011
Category:Non-fiction » Health and Well Being » Dieting
Words: 44342 (approximate)
Language: English

Also available in Print Edition

Short Description

New & natural way to weight loss. Not another diet and vigorous exercise or some nutrient, vitamin, hormone, and drug that I am promoting. With child obesity at national emergency levels (that has involved first lady Michelle now); it is time to treat those fat, unhealthy, undisciplined, drug infested bodies with a technique that works. This book is here to help you with that. Good Luck!

New User
oogee
0 Kudos

Tom's Adventures in Alaska is a series of books chronicling the experiences Tom has as he travels through Alaska and British Columbia. He starts the series aboard a commercial fishing boat as a greenhorn and as the series continues he travels through Alaska and British Columbia. He meets many new friends who add a lot of character to the stories. Along the way, Tom falls in love with the beautiful Swan who adds more than a hint of lust and humor to the series. Tom collects treasures along the way to remind him of his adventures. This series is based on the personal experiences of the author but mostly fiction. The series is written for the general adult audience and contains coarse language and sexual content. This series will continue beyond the currently released books with the next book “Fish Hooks and Totem Poles” and several more titles.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/note-in-a-bottle-matthew-green/1103062609?ean=2940012355027

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/bear-claw-matthew-green/1102746901?ean=2940012912381

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/ketchikan-or-bust-matthew-green/1108259138?ean=2940013762459&itm=1&u...

Author
MaureenMiller
0 Kudos

BEYOND - Young Adult Science Fiction Romance

BEYOND  

ENDLESS NIGHT - Carina Press
www.maureenamiller.com
New User
the_walker
0 Kudos

Collection of romantic poems. 150 romantic poems that I really enjoyed, includes a few erotic ones and a few of the popular wedding poems. 

Romantic Poetry  

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

Re: Are you the author of an eBook? The Power of Breathing!

Short description

The most powerful book on breathing that not only explains what many people learn in expensive workshops and remote retreats but very personal routine the author follows. Several independent studies on breathing are given that confirm the practitioners of breathing techniques not only experience physical and mental comfort, but discover cures for illnesses such as asthma.

Frequent Contributor
WalterParks
0 Kudos

The enduring question has been:  "Where did Cain get his wife?"

The churches have not given an acceptable answer to this question.  Their inability to answer this question creates great doubt as to the accuracy of the Bible.  More and more Christians are giving up on defending the Bible.

It is vitally important for Christians to be able to answer this question because it relates to defending the fact that all humans are descendants of Adam and Eve and only their descendants can be saved.

Cain’s wife has been talked about in countries all over the world for hundreds of years.

Skeptics of the Bible have used Cain’s wife time and again to try to discredit the book of Genesis as a true historical record.

This story of Cain’s Wife is my initial attempt to reconcile the Bible with the undisputable scientific evidence for creative evolution.  I have combined 4 sets of information: The current Bible, the old Bible before the major changes in late BC and early AD, other Ancient Literature, and the scientific facts of creation/evolution.

I try to clarify why the Bible gives 2 accounts of the creation of Adam and Eve.

The Bible actually describes the creation of 2 women for him.  The first was Lilith (Genesis 1:27) but her name was removed from the current Bible.  However her name can be seen in the older version of the Bible that existed before later day changes were made.

The creation of Eve, Adam’s second mate, was created from Adam’s rib and is described in Genesis 2:18.

Lilith has been systematically removed from the Bible, except for one reference in Isaiah 34:14. 

Not only was Lilith removed from the Bible, but she was demonized.

The facts remain that she did exist and she did have children that are mentioned throughout the ancient literature.  At lease one of her daughters was called Lilim.

Lilim became Cain’s wife.

Walter Parks
UnknownTruths Publishing Co.
http://UnknownTruths.com